Journey @ Superbowl

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gvox

Ghost of Love
Feel free to merge, I did search but got lazy after 2 pages..lol

At any rate, was anyone here actually at the Journey performance at the Superbowl? I heard it was 80 minutes or something.

I watched some of the youtube clips (both official and fan-shot) and I never thought I'd say this as I rate Steve Perry as one of the best male rock vocalists of all time...but that Pineda dude is fucking amazing. Like spine tingling amazing in some parts.

I was just wondering what other Journey fans here thought..

EDIT: I just had a funny thought - Pineda = Enemy of Art :lmao:

They broadcast a song or two during the pregame show. At first I thought it was a cover band, then I realized the rest of the band was actually the real Journey. I spent about 3 minutes trying to decide what was going on, and then I had to go look it up. The Filipino guy really did sound close to perfect.

He does...and has a bit of his own style too, he's a very capable singer in his own right. I knew the story of how they had tried to find a new singer (he's not the first I don't think) but had never heard him live yet...

I saw them play in Hammersmith last year. I only got a ticket on a whim really. Saw it advertised and thought "no-one can replace Perry but i'll give em' a listen". It was a great show and he (forgot his name!) was a superb singer.

Back
Top Bottom