Jaydiohead(Jay-Z + Radiohead mash-up)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

namkcuR

ONE love, blood, life
Has anyone heard this stuff? Neither artist is involved, it's just some regular DJ now being referred to as 'Minty Fresh Beats' that made ten mash-ups, using Radiohead tracks as backing tracks for Jay-Z tracks, and put it up on his MySpace(I think) and now it's all over the net. From that description, it doesn't sound like a good idea, right? But it's actually pretty fucking cool. Check it out for yourself:

1/10: "Wrong Prayer" (Jay-Z: Pray, Radiohead: I Might Be Wrong)

YouTube - Jaydiohead - Wrong Prayer

2/10: "99 Anthems" (Jay-Z: 99 Problems, Radiohead: The National Anthem)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yuN4MAh47SI&feature=related

3/10: "No Karma" (Jay-Z: No Hook, Radiohead: Karma Police)

YouTube - Jaydiohead - No Karma

4/10: "Lucifer's Jigsaw" (Jay-Z: Lucifer, Radiohead: Jigsaw Falling Into Place)

YouTube - Jaydiohead - Lucifer's Jigsaw

5/10: "Optimistic Moment" (Jay-Z: Moment Of Clarity, Radiohead: Optimistic)

YouTube - Jaydiohead - Optimistic Moment

6/10: "Dirt Off Your Android" (Jay-Z: Dirt Off Your Shoulder, Radiohead: Paranoid Android)

YouTube - Jaydiohead - Dirt Off Your Android

7/10: "Dreaming Up" (Jay-Z: American Dreamin', Radiohead: Up On The Ladder)

YouTube - Jaydiohead - Dreaming Up

8/10: "Change Order" (Jay-Z: Never Change, Radiohead: Gagging Order)

YouTube - Jaydiohead - Change Order

9/10: "Fall In Step" (Jay-Z: Fallin', Radiohead: 15 Step)

YouTube - Jaydiohead - Fall In Step

10/10: "Ignorant Swan" (Jay-Z: Ignorant Shit, Radiohead(Thom Yorke): Black Swan)

YouTube - Jaydiohead - Ignorant Swan

i heard it few days ago. pretty amazing stuff. i especially like the one with national anthem and jigsaw falling into place. in this way, i quite accept rap :D

That's some great stuff.

"Numb / Encore" may be my favorite non-Girl Talk mash-up though.

Quite enjoyed 99 Anthems. I'm not usually a fan of mash-ups, but this stuff sounds pretty good.

As far as mashups go, this doesn't have much going for it. Most of the songs don't go well together at all. The vocal track is way off the backing track on Lucifer Jigsaw. :huh:

Thank you very, very, very much! I think all of them are spot on. Sharing with friends as we speak!

As far as mashups go, this doesn't have much going for it. Most of the songs don't go well together at all. The vocal track is way off the backing track on Lucifer Jigsaw. :huh:
yeah, sometimes you can hear where it was harder to edit rhythmic sections...but it has its moments

My brother....that's party of the Jay Z style.....to be just a smidge behind the beat. Go listen to the original Lucifer. You'll see what I mean. It's not off at all. It is meant to be like that.

I'll listen to them another time, but I actually think he's done a good job; but I agree with the joyful one, I'll never listen to them ever again.

I still think the best mash-up I've ever heard is an official release, one you posted, namckuR, which you described as a "mindfuck". Can you guess what it was?

I'll listen to them another time, but I actually think he's done a good job; but I agree with the joyful one, I'll never listen to them ever again.

I still think the best mash-up I've ever heard is an official release, one you posted, namckuR, which you described as a "mindfuck". Can you guess what it was?

Being For The Benefit Of Mr. Kite/I Want You(She's So Heavy) from Love? Is it still considered a mash-up if both parts are the same artist? :wink:

My brother....that's party of the Jay Z style.....to be just a smidge behind the beat. Go listen to the original Lucifer. You'll see what I mean. It's not off at all. It is meant to be like that.

I know what the original track sounds like. I'm just saying the beat and the lyrics don't match up well at all. :no:

I'd like to quote my boyfriend here:

Just because you can mash something doesn't mean you should.

Those Ojayzis songs are awful.

Being For The Benefit Of Mr. Kite/I Want You(She's So Heavy) from Love? Is it still considered a mash-up if both parts are the same artist? :wink:

You forgot Helter Skelter... :tsk:, but yes that's the one. I don't care if it's the same artist.

I can't even listen to the original anymore... is the rest of Love that good?

Back
Top Bottom