Jason Mraz - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Just the Bang and the Clatter
Click Here to Login

Old 05-22-2009, 04:31 PM   #16
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 09:10 AM
Well, some of my students called me (among many things) "Tacos". When he came over (I used to be in charge of the campus programming, so concerts, speakers, etc.) he wanted to do an impromptu song for us. So he asked for them to help put together a list of things (words and/or phrases) and he'd write a song about it, incorporating them all. One of my students was the first to suggest, and she said "Tacos and Mojitos" (mojitos is her nickname, so when we were together everyone called us "tacos and mojitos"). He liked that, I guess. That ended up being the "song" title and the chorus. Our nicknames were never explained to him, which is why I said "sorta". But, the context is what makes that song awesome. It became a running joke on campus, which was great because, again, only about 100 or so people actually knew the context, but thousands were singing it

yeah, bit of a stretch, i know.

Old 05-22-2009, 04:34 PM   #17
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 06:10 AM
oh no, that's pretty awesome

Old 05-23-2009, 06:22 AM   #18
Blue Crack Overdose
Get me off the internetz!

Local Time: 06:10 AM
I love Jason so much more than John Mayer.
Old 05-24-2009, 01:18 PM   #19
Refugee

Local Time: 07:10 AM
I was dragged to his concert two months ago in Taipei (yes, he's popular in Taiwan) by a female friend. For the defense, he can sing really well and he put on a charming, energetic show. For the prosecution, his "musical theater" background is a big turn-off for me, and his somewhat harmless, generic, romantic music with uninteresting lyrics sinks the Titanic. Offensively inoffensive.
Old 05-24-2009, 02:18 PM   #20
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 08:10 AM
Jason Mraz-al-Ghul is alright, my friends worship the hell out of him though, so that gets a little tiresome.
Old 05-24-2009, 06:58 PM   #21
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 09:10 AM
i don't like him, but a friend of a friend (ok yes insert edge's cousin joke here) is very very good friends with him. so that's all i have to add.
Old 05-25-2009, 06:46 AM   #22
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 11:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LMP View Post
Jason Mraz-al-Ghul is alright, my friends worship the hell out of him though, so that gets a little tiresome.
I just did a Wiki search to see if that was his real name, and then I find out that he's actually Czech rather than Arab and you just made some kind of a Batman reference, and now I'm really pissed off at Jason Mraz.
Old 05-25-2009, 07:18 AM   #23
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 12:10 AM
Remedy was wicked...
Old 05-25-2009, 07:24 AM   #24
Jesus Online

Local Time: 01:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carek1230 View Post
I love Jason so much more than John Mayer.
Considering a root canal is better than John Mayer...
Old 05-25-2009, 08:20 AM   #25
45:33

Local Time: 01:10 AM
Once you hear I'm Yours for the "a flobbity jillion"th time you get over it.

Sad, because I heard the full album once and really enjoyed it.
Old 05-25-2009, 07:48 PM   #26
Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by unico View Post
Well, some of my students called me (among many things) "Tacos". When he came over (I used to be in charge of the campus programming, so concerts, speakers, etc.) he wanted to do an impromptu song for us. So he asked for them to help put together a list of things (words and/or phrases) and he'd write a song about it, incorporating them all. One of my students was the first to suggest, and she said "Tacos and Mojitos" (mojitos is her nickname, so when we were together everyone called us "tacos and mojitos"). He liked that, I guess. That ended up being the "song" title and the chorus. Our nicknames were never explained to him, which is why I said "sorta". But, the context is what makes that song awesome. It became a running joke on campus, which was great because, again, only about 100 or so people actually knew the context, but thousands were singing it

yeah, bit of a stretch, i know.
Tacos and mojitos; cerveza por favor; donde esta la biblioteca His impromptu songs are awesome.

I cannot tell you how long I've been waiting for a Mraz thread on here. I was going to make one years ago, but wanted to avoid ridicule . I've been a fan since 2003. There was a year or two where I didn't pay as much attention, but got right back into it. I love so many of his older/lesser known songs. I wish people would get into more than just "I'm Yours" (which every time I hear it now, I want to tear my hair out--it was a good song when I heard the first version five or so years ago). I've seen him three times, and am going again in August. He is probably a thousand times better live than on albums (but his albums are already amazing, so... ). He's touring with his best friend Bushwalla, whose music is pretty good and hilarious too.
Old 05-25-2009, 11:18 PM   #27
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sad Punk View Post
I just did a Wiki search to see if that was his real name, and then I find out that he's actually Czech rather than Arab and you just made some kind of a Batman reference, and now I'm really pissed off at Jason Mraz.
Mraz only wished he could be this awesome: