Jason Mraz

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think he's okay. I find him a lot less annoying than a lot of people do. I loved "The Remedy (I Won't Worry)" off his first album.

i had an ex-girlfriend that loved him, so i think i naturally find him annoying because of that.

His music is pretty harmless. And I always get the impression that he smokes a lot of weed, so there's that.

I'm meh about his music. I find it to be saturated with superficial lyrics and simplistic predictable melodies that don't really go anywhere...lacking in enough depth to hold my interest. Perhaps a bit too "pop-y" for me. "I'm Yours" gets easily stuck in my head though. He gave it a "test run" with us before the album was released. It did evolve a bit, so that was cool to witness. He's a nice guy in person, though. Even wrote a song about me...sorta :)

I'm meh about his music. I find it to be saturated with superficial lyrics and simplistic predictable melodies that don't really go anywhere...lacking in enough depth to hold my interest. Perhaps a bit too "pop-y" for me. "I'm Yours" gets easily stuck in my head though. He gave it a "test run" with us before the album was released. It did evolve a bit, so that was cool to witness. He's a nice guy in person, though. Even wrote a song
about me...sorta :)

Go ooooonnnn....

Well, some of my students called me (among many things) "Tacos". When he came over (I used to be in charge of the campus programming, so concerts, speakers, etc.) he wanted to do an impromptu song for us. So he asked for them to help put together a list of things (words and/or phrases) and he'd write a song about it, incorporating them all. One of my students was the first to suggest, and she said "Tacos and Mojitos" (mojitos is her nickname, so when we were together everyone called us "tacos and mojitos"). He liked that, I guess. That ended up being the "song" title and the chorus. Our nicknames were never explained to him, which is why I said "sorta". But, the context is what makes that song awesome. It became a running joke on campus, which was great because, again, only about 100 or so people actually knew the context, but thousands were singing it :)

yeah, bit of a stretch, i know.

I was dragged to his concert two months ago in Taipei (yes, he's popular in Taiwan) by a female friend. For the defense, he can sing really well and he put on a charming, energetic show. For the prosecution, his "musical theater" background is a big turn-off for me, and his somewhat harmless, generic, romantic music with uninteresting lyrics sinks the Titanic. Offensively inoffensive.

Jason Mraz-al-Ghul is alright, my friends worship the hell out of him though, so that gets a little tiresome.

i don't like him, but a friend of a friend (ok yes insert edge's cousin joke here) is very very good friends with him. so that's all i have to add.

Jason Mraz-al-Ghul is alright, my friends worship the hell out of him though, so that gets a little tiresome.

I just did a Wiki search to see if that was his real name, and then I find out that he's actually Czech rather than Arab and you just made some kind of a Batman reference, and now I'm really pissed off at Jason Mraz.

Once you hear I'm Yours for the "a flobbity jillion"th time you get over it.

Sad, because I heard the full album once and really enjoyed it.

Well, some of my students called me (among many things) "Tacos". When he came over (I used to be in charge of the campus programming, so concerts, speakers, etc.) he wanted to do an impromptu song for us. So he asked for them to help put together a list of things (words and/or phrases) and he'd write a song about it, incorporating them all. One of my students was the first to suggest, and she said "Tacos and Mojitos" (mojitos is her nickname, so when we were together everyone called us "tacos and mojitos"). He liked that, I guess. That ended up being the "song" title and the chorus. Our nicknames were never explained to him, which is why I said "sorta". But, the context is what makes that song awesome. It became a running joke on campus, which was great because, again, only about 100 or so people actually knew the context, but thousands were singing it :)

yeah, bit of a stretch, i know.

Tacos and mojitos; cerveza por favor; donde esta la biblioteca :wink: His impromptu songs are awesome.

I cannot tell you how long I've been waiting for a Mraz thread on here. I was going to make one years ago, but wanted to avoid ridicule ;). I've been a fan since 2003. There was a year or two where I didn't pay as much attention, but got right back into it. I love so many of his older/lesser known songs. I wish people would get into more than just "I'm Yours" (which every time I hear it now, I want to tear my hair out--it was a good song when I heard the first version five or so years ago). I've seen him three times, and am going again in August. He is probably a thousand times better live than on albums (but his albums are already amazing, so...:lol: ). He's touring with his best friend Bushwalla, whose music is pretty good and hilarious too.

I just did a Wiki search to see if that was his real name, and then I find out that he's actually Czech rather than Arab and you just made some kind of a Batman reference, and now I'm really pissed off at Jason Mraz.

Mraz only wished he could be this awesome:

85450-10071-ras-al-ghul_super.jpg

Back
Top Bottom