Jack White Solo Debut 'Blunderbuss'

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I've been enjoying this quite a bit as well.

I see what one or two of you were saying earlier though, the first 8 songs or so are crazily good, and then it sorta takes a different turn. Later songs are still good, but just seem a bit different in direction.

I think Love Interruption is pretty mediocre, definitely one of the weakest tracks and not a great first single. But man do I dig the title track and On And On And On.

I like it but agree it's not the best choice for a first single. I think Sixteen Saltines would have been better.

As for the album, I like it after one listen, although it didn't necessarily blow me away or anything.

Holy hell that was incredible! This was the first time I've seen Jack White live in any form. He was in top form and we got the all female band. Those women can rock. It was great. The other thing I really enjoyed was the fact that I saw almost no cameras. It was refreshing (and this comes from someone who usually loves taking photos and video at shows).

The standouts last night were Ball and Biscuit, Love Interruption, Sixteen Saltines, Blunderbuss and Two Against One. Also, the crowd during Seven Nation Army was damn good.

Setlist from last night:

Dead Leaves and the Dirty Ground
Missing Pieces
Sixteen Saltines
Hotel Yorba
Top Yourself
Love Interruption
Weep Themselves to Sleep
I'm Slowly Turning Into You
Blue Blood Blues (With "Screwdriver" Riff Intro)
Blunderbuss
We're Going to Be Friends
Take Me With You When You Go
Ball & Biscuit

Encore:
Freedom At 21
My Doorbell
You Know That I Know (Hank Williams cover)
Two Against One
Carolina Drama
Seven Nation Army (With "Suzy Lee" Intro)
Goodnight Irene

God damn it, I'm sorry I read that setlist. I cannot even read the title of Goodnight Irene without getting it stuck in my head for hours.

HOURS, I tell you.

Back
Top Bottom