Jack White Solo Debut 'Blunderbuss'

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hypocritical Kiss --> Weep Themselves to Sleep is such an amazing combination.

yeah, really the first 7 songs for me are incredible. then the album becomes less serious, but not necessarily lesser in quality. "On and On" is also an incredible tune!

I went to a listening event at Waterloo last night where they gave away a test pressing. Didn't get it, but worth a try. And free Austin's Pizza. So no big loss.

Did you have a chance to listen to it as well then?

I'm looking forward to picking it up tomorrow.

Did you have a chance to listen to it as well then?

I'm looking forward to picking it up tomorrow.

I listened to it, yeah, but the experience didn't really allow me to concentrate on it. Seemed nice though.

The album henceforth known as Blubberbutt has an 89 on metacritic right now, which would put it above most White Stripes albums. That's ludicrous, but it is pretty good.

The Mayan is a great venue, got some great memories there with some great artists.

This show will be at the top of any lists.

You have caught some great shows at some great venues lately. Keep it up.
Build those memories.

Loving it as well. I think I've given it about five or six listens all the way through, and I just keep wanting to hit play again. This will end up being one my most listened to albums of the year, without question. A lot of fun. I heart you, Jack.

The emphasis on piano/keyboards in a number of tracks leads me to think that the closest cousin to this album would be Get Behind Me, Satan. Which I adore. So, yeah.

His vocal delivery throughout the album is awesome, too. And varied. Some fast-paced, rhythmic spitting, some goofy and cartoonish stuff, some slower, darker, and more delicate singing. Yeah!

Checkout clerk at Best Buy: "Jack White, cool.... Wait, is this Jack White from the White Stripes?"

Back
Top Bottom