Jack White-Lazaretto

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Blunderbuss had its moments, but I can't say I'll ever get back to that record again. I remember being underwhelmed by the more piano-based songs in the second half. The first half was pretty good though.

I hope for the best for this one.

It rocks. It's very Jack.

Looking forward more to the songs with vocals, but THIS WILL DO.

Lazaretto is an awesome track. Love the funky groove ripping into classic Jack rocking out.

Got to see him on Saturday at Third Man Records here in Nashville selling the first few copies of the World's Fastest Record (which was a live recording of this song) - was pretty cool! Wasn't able to actually see the performance recorded live but being there to see it and him was neat enough.

Needless to say, pumped for the record. Like biker said, we're 2/2 so far.

Jack White Lazaretto technical details

Over the past 5 years, Third Man Records has brought to life many ideas that are new to the century-old vinyl format. So, when it came time for the creative hive to discuss the vision for the pressing of Jack White’s Lazaretto, we were keenly aware of what it would take to produce a piece of wax worthy of the music it would contain… No single innovation would suffice. We needed to go big. We needed to go bold. We needed to press an ULTRA LP.

- 180 gram vinyl

- 2 vinyl-only hidden tracks hidden beneath the center labels

- 1 hidden track plays at 78 RPM, one plays at 45 RPM, making this a 3-speed record

- Side A plays from the outside in

- Dual-groove technology: plays an electric or acoustic intro for “Just One Drink” depending on where needle is dropped. The grooves meet for the body of the song.

- Matte finish on Side B, giving the appearance of an un-played 78 RPM record

- Both sides end with locked grooves

- Vinyl pressed in seldom-used flat-edged format

- Dead wax area on Side A contains a hand-etched hologram by Tristan Duke of Infinity Light Science, the first of its kind on a vinyl record

- Zero compression used during mastering of this LP

- Different running order from the CD/digital version

- LP utilises some mixes different from those used on CD and digital version

Sent from my AT300 using U2 Interference mobile app

I pre-ordered when they first announced it. I'm a bit concerned about trying to peel off the center labels without damaging the vinyl and/or the labels themselves.

Yeah, that's the weird thing about the record. In the demo video, they played it through the label (just put the stylus on top of it). Obviously there was a lot of noise and interference.

Received the vinyl today. I don't have time to play around with it right this minute, but it looks like maybe the vinyl bonus tracks are in the run out groove and not actually UNDER the label. The label is stuck fast and there would be no hope of effectively peeling it off to play something underneath.

Back
Top Bottom