Jack White-Lazaretto

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I am glad to hear that the extra tracks are in the run out groove and not under the label. The residue left by peeling the label off would more than likely damage the needle and plus you'd ruin your record by peeling off the label. I guess I am getting mine next week. I know it is supposed to come out on the 10th but record stores here are getting it early. I saw it today when I went to a store.

My Vault edition arrived today but I wasn't able to pick it up. Not nuts about the album, so I may just sell that bad boy.

OK, so I was wrong. The bonus tracks are actually under the label. I guess you are actually supposed to play then through the label.

EDIT: Hmmm. It actually works. Lots of surface noise, though.

Yikes.

Sent from my AT300 using U2 Interference mobile app

Jack White has announced plans to release a version of his upcoming Lazaretto album on vinyl, with a whole bunch of special features that'll make you rethink the possibilities of the enduring format.

As White and Ben Blackwell of Third Man Records explain in this short video, the Lazaretto Ultra LP will run at three speeds. There's the standard 33 1/3 bulk of the album. But there's also a track hidden under the center label that plays at 78 RPM, and another that plays at 45 RPM. Yeah, there are bonus tracks hidden under both labels.

The album includes "dual-groove technology" which means you hear alternate versions of the album depending on where you drop the needle. The intro for the song "Just One Drink," for example, plays either an acoustic or an electric guitar —- they eventually merge into a single track. Side A plays from the inside out. In other words, you put the needle down near the center label and it moves out toward the record's outer edge and ends with a locked groove that loops over and over.

The dead wax area of side A also includes a hand-etched floating hologram of a spinning angel.

I do, did kind of like this guy's music. Well, much of it.

With this album release, I only have one question.
Jack White, ix syphilis rotting your brains?

Only had the one listen through, but I really enjoyed the the first half, and then well from there it kinda goes all over the place.

Man I only got through the first four tracks on my drive home but I thought all four were great.
Three Women and Lazaretto are cool as hell. The third track has a melody reminiscent of stuff he's done in the past but it's still very pretty. And Fight For My Love is dark and funny and hit the spot.

Gonna hit the rest here in a bit when I go back out.

Get Behind Me Satan is totally fresh and creative, one of the biggest risks of White's career.

Icky Thump and the self-titled are my least favorites by a good distance. The other four are really good/brilliant.

Get Behind Me Satan is totally fresh and creative, one of the biggest risks of White's career.

Icky Thump and the self-titled are my least favorites by a good distance. The other four are really good/brilliant.

Agreed.

Didn't he "rush" through every recording process with the White Stripes? My understanding was he pretty much recorded all of those in a few weeks.

Nope.

The White Stripes: Get Behind Me Satan | Album Reviews | Pitchfork

Get Behind Me Satan was written, recorded, and released at an extreme breakneck pace. As legend has it, none of these tracks were even fully written before the band entered Third Man Studios in March, and unfortunately, several songs bear the scars of their needlessly rushed delivery.

And Icky Thump got a higher score, FWIW.

Sounds like Elephant was overcooked then.

Sent from my 831C using U2 Interference mobile app

I associate the "issues" with that album more with him stepping outside of his comfort zone instrumentally than with anything relating to the time they spent on it. He always worked quickly on White Stripes albums. That was just the first one where he actively tried to stay away from the electric guitar.

All the White Stripes albums are gold, in my opinion. Amazing they could take the same basic palette and make something fresh out of it every time out.

All the White Stripes albums are gold, in my opinion. Amazing they could take the same basic palette and make something fresh out of it every time out.

Years on from all of the initial releases, the only one that doesn't really sit perfectly in my mind is Icky Thump. I think it's probably their worst, although I do love a number of the tracks on it.

The rest, yeah, are pretty perfect in my mind. Classics. I adore them. Especially WBC and Elephant. :drool::drool:

Fuck it, I'll start off the stupid chain of people posting their rankings:

1. White Blood Cells
2. Elephant
3. Satan
4. De Stijl
5. Self-titled
6. Icky Thump

Ranking the Jack White non-Stripes albums:

1. Consolers of the Lonely :drool:
2. Broken Boy Soldiers
3. Lazaretto
4. Blunderbuss
5. Horehound
6. Sea of Cowards

^ None of the six above are on par with any of the six Stripes albums, by the way.

Also, Laz, why the fuck do you still use other people's opinions in arguments? Who gives a fuck? It's fucking pathetic. Especially Pitchfork. So stupid, and so weird from you when you're clearly very smart and an exceptional thinker. Most of the time.

Back
Top Bottom