I've seen Glasvegas twice now and they sucked. WTF Beav? W.T.F.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

redhotswami

Blue Crack Addict
Srsly. And I couldn't make out what they were saying. There was one song that sounded like "Fuck you la la la la la la la. Fuck you la la la la la."

Though the lead singer took of his jacket, which made BoMac thoroughly excited. He wasn't as thrilled when he got on his knees though.

Do they just really suck live? Which album of theirs do you like best?

This thread is one wait and watch for Beav to show up, isn't it.

ETA: Lol, just read the full title of the thread :doh:

While I haven't seen them live, I really did enjoy their album for the most part, you might want to check some of it out (but avoid "stabbed")

1. If you saw them in festival settings, that's probably the issue. It's difficult for most bands to get their sound setup correctly for playing outside, and playing in front of a bunch of people who don't know any of your songs isn't all that great either. I haven't seen them in concert, but I've seen a number of live clips on TV and online that were absolutely stellar.

2. They only have one album.

1. If you saw them in festival settings, that's probably the issue. Most bands can't get their sound setup correctly for playing outside, and playing in front of a bunch of people who don't know any of your songs isn't all that great either. I haven't seen them in concert, but I've seen a number of live clips on TV and online that were absolutely stellar.

2. They only have one album.

The first time was a festival, 2nd time they opened for Kings of Leon. You know, with the festival settings, there were loads of other bands I saw that I'd never heard of, and I liked them at first listen. I was even pulled in by some lyrics of a few of them.

This band, though, I just can't connect with. The crowd didn't seem all that crazy about them either.

I didn't realize they only had one album (I should've looked that up.) I thought I had been hearing about them for quite some time now. The name was just really familiar to me.

I liked Glasvegas although either the sound sucked or all their songs sound the same. I think I'd appreciate them more if I heard their album before seeing them

Though the lead singer took of his jacket, which made BoMac thoroughly excited. He wasn't as thrilled when he got on his knees though.

It was all just a coincidence that I let out a sarcastic yell just as the lead singer was taking off his jacket. Just.a.coincidence.

:angry:

And, yeah, I wasn't too impressed with the band. When thanking the band later on, didn't Caleb say something like, "If you understood anything he said."

Srsly. And I couldn't make out what they were saying. There was one song that sounded like "Fuck you la la la la la la la. Fuck you la la la la la."

If you saw them in a big place, that sucks. They should really stick to smaller places. Also, they really shouldn't be playing with Kings of Leon. They only have 1 album, which I like a lot. And I think the lyric is "Here we, here we, here we fucking go."

If you know like I know, you don't wanna step to this.
It's the G-Funk era funked out wit a gangsta twist.

> Glasvegas

213 will regulate

also

Nate's got the freaks.

How do I know that?

It's a known fact. And, if I'm being honest with everyone....before I got jacked, I happened to be on the exact same track.

i skipped the kol show when it came around here, because 1) i hate kol and 2) wasn't going to spend that much money only to see the opening band when i knew there was no way they could be as awesome at a big place, playing fewer songs, as they were at the small show i saw back in march.

can't offer up any insight as to why i like them, i just do.

can't offer up any insight as to why i like them, i just do.

Everyone has their faults, Kimmie, everyone. :)

And yeah, I think Glasvegas is tied with Kelis as the worst opening act I've seen for U2. They made me appreciate U2 so much more in Dublin and London.

I liked Glasvegas although either the sound sucked or all their songs sound the same.

I think the band might've sucked too. And yeah, all their songs sound the same. The 'drummer' only knows one type of drumbeat.

Back
Top Bottom