is this the worst protest song in history?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
is this post-ironic... in the sense that this actually makes you do/think the opposite of what's intended?

...or?

Are you guys familiar with Pink's music?

I thought this girl's career disappeared five years ago.

Katy Perry is more popular than her.

Does Pink still have fans?:huh:

Pink is a hack.

A lot of critics tend to position her as some kind of saving grace for noughties female pop music, somehow rating her as more authentic and not as low-brow as her peers. I attribute this critical over-rating of Pink to her outspokenness, her tomboyishness and her leftist political concerns, something more favourable to critics.

Her music is by no means factually better than Avril, Britney, Hillary, Ashlee, Lindsay, Fergie or Miley. In fact I reckon all these women (with the exception of maybe Ashlee and Miley -of whom I only know one song) have released stuff that are miles ahead of any of the crap that Pink has ever released.

Pink is awful.

Her rebellion against the gimmicks of the popular ultra-cute pop stars is just as much of a gimmick. I have no respect for her, and this song does not change that. She tries way, way too hard to be a rebel. :down: :down: :down:

You know how they said the GOP would regroup with new tactics?

This is it. Reverse psychology.

And it's fucking working, people.

She gave someone I know free tickets to her shows in Adelaide in 2009, whom she was sitting near on a flight from Singapore.

There's more to the story, but I thought that was pretty damn cool, even if I don't really like her music.

I'm not a huge fan of her music (God Is A DJ is fagtastic though) - but she seems pretty down to earth. Of course that could be all BS. Nonetheless she is massively popular outside of North America - she is doing 11 shows (and counting) at Rod Laver Arena (capacity 14,000) next year here in Melbourne - and over 40 Australia wide. Similar figures for the UK and Europe.

I like that she seems to be very outspoken on a lot of issues - not such a fan of the singing. Mind you she made an absolute arse out of herself a few years back branding all Aussie sheep farmers as heinous abusers for dagging (removing the tail) on their sheep. Once she realised the tails are removed to stop the sheep from get fly infestation and dying a horrible death she backed down. I guess she needs to do her research before opening her trap.

heres what I think, while I love P!nk and many of her songs, I watched her sing it on the London gig (DVD), and really, while she sings it really really well, to turn round after and say 'just shake it off, that f*cker only gets 4 minutes of my time' - well why sing it at gigs? I dont think she should have bothered, should have just been an album song of her own opinion and left at that.

sometimes forcing onto, esp like Madonna has done in her Re-Invention (political as you know), people in the crowds will get offended or complain.

but hey, these artists, who can stop them? Status can make you do anything.

that is truly awful. i didn't make it a minute in.

i really, really hate that song that's being played on the radio every couple of minutes, too. a co-worker had a local pop station on at work the other day, and they had that and some song about an umbrella on a seemingly continuous loop to be repeated between nickelback, old jay-z, and some other forgetable song every 10 minutes. yeah, that station got changed real quick.

what in the hell did tim armstrong see when he wrote shit for her? :crack:

I thought that song about "you and your hand tonight" was pretty funny the first few times I heard it.

Then I heard it 1,000 times on the radio and completely changed my mind.

Pink is a hack.

A lot of critics tend to position her as some kind of saving grace for noughties female pop music, somehow rating her as more authentic and not as low-brow as her peers. I attribute this critical over-rating of Pink to her outspokenness, her tomboyishness and her leftist political concerns, something more favourable to critics.

Her music is by no means factually better than Avril, Britney, Hillary, Ashlee, Lindsay, Fergie or Miley. In fact I reckon all these women (with the exception of maybe Ashlee and Miley -of whom I only know one song) have released stuff that are miles ahead of any of the crap that Pink has ever released.

You forgot to lump Kelly Clarkson, Katy Perry, Christina Aguilera, and Amy Lee of Evanescence into that group.

With a few exceptions, all of those female singers share the same producers and songwriters: Max Martin, Dr. Luke, Jim Shanks, and Kara DioGaurdi.

That's why all of them come out with ultra-poppy songs that (1) sound indistinguishable from one another, and (2) are played 1,000 times on Top 40 radio.

I'd just like to add that the likes of Britney Spears, Hilary Duff, Lindsay Lohan, Ashlee Simpson, and Miley Cyrus are manufactured products of corporations that use their "talents" to make tons of money.

All of other female singers like Pink, Avril Lavigne, Kelly Clarkson, and Christina Aguilera have some shred of talent. That's why all of them still have careers. However, they always require the assistance of hot-shot producers and songwriters to make their work more serviceable to the masses.

That's my two cents.:sexywink:

I thought that song about "you and your hand tonight" was pretty funny the first few times I heard it.

Then I heard it 1,000 times on the radio and completely changed my mind.
even worse, it's called "u and ur hand" like it's sung by some 12 year old. aol speak is irritating enough, but when it's presented by someone who makes a huge deal about how they're not just some stupid blonde, it's even worse.

and maybe it's just me, but all of her songs sound the same. i don't really mean sound literally, but the vibe. the lyrics. they're all the same.

All of other female singers like Pink, Avril Lavigne, Kelly Clarkson, and Christina Aguilera have some shred of talent. That's why all of them still have careers. However, they always require the assistance of hot-shot producers and songwriters to make their work more serviceable to the masses.

That's my two cents.:sexywink:
Guys, guys...anyone that can take a Grammy from Paul McCartney must be good....

....but wait, Kelly Clarkson did it
Ok, I'm confused

Back
Top Bottom