Interference's Top 100 Albums of All Time - Sign Up And Discussion Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I just assumed we'd see all the individual lists and then a final ranking of the albums as picked by the participants via their own lists.

No, I was going to post one album at a time over the course of an entire day with all of the information tacked onto the final post.

Huh. I guess I don't see what your plan is. Like one post a day until we have 50 albums? Or just 50 separate posts listing the albums throughout the day, and then the final list at the end?

I don't know why I'm having such a hard time visualizing this!

While we're on the topic, would you guys mind me posting all of the lists during the final results? I have no idea whether or not that's something you would mind keeping a secret. Personally, I wouldn't give a shit.

I wouldn't mind.

Okay, I didn't get why it was so full of hilarity until I randomly jumped further into the thread, and now I am full of lulz.

Almost identical to that thread. One album at a time, and then the final post will contain the full list, contributors, and their lists.

( :flirt: and perhaps Khan can be so kind as to add it to the original post when the festivities have concluded)

Ah, I see. And will you be taking breaks for pooping and foosball?

(I only skimmed the thread and those were the two excuses he gave for the long pauses between posts. I'm sure there were other, exciting reasons as well.)

(Well, I guess he didn't claim to actually be pooping. That was only speculation.)

Believe me, I have my work cut out for me just to add up the points to make the final list. Every list has to be reordered so it looks like so:

Artist (with "The"s removed) - Album (insert point total)

The average list when it's sent to me looks like so:

1. Artist - Album

or

1. Album - Artist

The reason for reordering is that every list will be run through an alphabetizer so I can add up each album's totals more easily. However, if it starts Album - Artist or has a number at the beginning, it won't be alphabetized properly. Similarly, a " : " is ordered differently than a " - " would be, so there cannot be any colons, which I've already seen on at least two lists.

Basically, it's a pain in the ass. :)

Believe me, I have my work cut out for me just to add up the points to make the final list. Every list has to be reordered so it looks like so:

The average list when it's sent to me looks like so:

or

The reason for reordering is that every list will be run through an alphabetizer so I can add up each album's totals more easily. However, if it starts Album - Artist or has a number at the beginning, it won't be alphabetized properly. Similarly, a " : " is ordered differently than a " - " would be, so there cannot be any colons, which I've already seen on at least two lists.

Basically, it's a pain in the ass. :)

This is why the guys who run the Desert Island competitions are so anal about everyone submitting their lists in their pre-determined format. If you send a list in in any other format, it's immediate disqualification. :)

This is why the guys who run the Desert Island competitions are so anal about everyone submitting their lists in their pre-determined format. If you send a list in in any other format, it's immediate disqualification. :)

Exactly.

But I've already bitched about using multiple artists, live albums, compilations, etc. You guys can enter your lists in any format you please.

I remember liking a couple of songs from Tiny Music a few years ago. It just comes across as too derivative for me now.

No problem with posting my list, though the latter half will be ridiculed severely if people actually look at it. I don't have that many albums.

Choosing three Bowie albums and then ordering them was very tough. In the end I chose Ziggy, Aladdan Sane and Low and ordered them thus.

My list will be in in about half an hour.

Yes, I know that. I just thought it was a bit unusual to include her album in the all-time Top 50. I'm assuming it's the album with Paper Planes on it? I haven't heard anything else from that album so cannot comment on the rest of the songs but I was just surprised that it is already going on somebody's all-time list.

Kala is perhaps untested by time seeing that it was only released last year, but I feel I can't really let this obscure the fact that I love the hell out of this album, :heart: And I don't think that my list has that many traditional classics on it anyway.

My list is pretty near completion although there's a few more albums I want to listen to that might make the list and replace some of the Artists with 3 albums

I feel bad for all the unknown or non-popular artists I have on my list no one else will have

Bands No One Else Will Have: The Boomtown Rats, Director, Aslan, KT Tunstall, Nobou Uematsu, Zoe Keating...am I wrong?

I'd give permission for mine to be posted....

Anonymity might be the way to go, in case some folk get sensitive about their taste. It might make it a wee bit of fun guessing who's list is who's.

Back
Top Bottom