Interference's Top 100 Albums of All Time - Sign Up And Discussion Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I love the Beatles, but pretending as if their albums are my "all time favorites" is a bit of a stretch as I essentially haven't listened to them since I was 18. The White Album will likely make my list, but it'll be relatively low on it.

I think "classics" can kinda get stale, boring, and dated after you've heard them a billion times. That seems to happen for me at least.

The White Album will likely make my list, but it'll be relatively low on it.

Bleh. The indie underground always sings that album's praises, but seriously, just because there are more good songs on it than there are songs on Revolver doesn't mean that it has a strong ratio in that area. Out of 30, I'd say 17 are pretty good.

Revolver is massively, massively overrated. Only a handful of good songs really.

The White Album makes the cut on my list, and I went with OKC, In Rainbows and The Bends for Radiohead, and leaning towards attyclub as my third U2 after the two classics.

Speakerboxxx/The Love Below elmel... this counts as one double album yes?

Also going thru Coldplay... and it appears that X&Y may miss out, with Parachutes at this stage likely to top the list. It's fantastic. No hang-ups, no stupidness, better lyrics, no inflated sense of self-importance, just an honest young new band trying to make a good album.

^ :up:

There might be some rather 'average' albums that creep on to mine sadly... Eiffel 65's Europop (I'm blue da ba dee da ba di) is a definite chance.

I have to :lol: because I totally own that album

it won't be making my list though

however back in the day it would have been in my top 10

Also like 90% of my albums will be from this decade. that's just what I listen to.

Um...I have like three ordered so far. how the fuck else am I supposed to order the rest? I can't even pick a top ten. It's hard because there are albums I've been listening to a lot recently, so I'm biased towards them, but they've yet to withstand the test of time for me

I do love The Beatles, but I love them on songs rather than albums basis. Rubber Soul would probably make it if it was a top 100 list. Radiohead would maybe just scrape in into top 100, as well.

I spent some time agonizing which three Pink Floyd albums to include and whether I liked Piper at the Gates of Dawn more than Animals. In the end Piper got the third spot after all.

Revolver is massively, massively overrated. Only a handful of good songs really.

The White Album makes the cut on my list,

"Only a handful of good songs" is how I rate The White Album. :shrug: I hardly ever listen to the second disc - too many songs I have no interest in listening to.

"Only a handful of good songs" is how I rate The White Album. :shrug: I hardly ever listen to the second disc - too many songs I have no interest in listening to.

I can't stand about half of the first disc, honestly. Shit like Don't Pass Me By is completely unlistenable, and 3-4 others are only marginally stronger. I love the second disc though. Birthday, Sexy Sadie, Helter Skelter, Long Long Long, Revolution 1, Cry Baby Cry...classic stuff.

I have a questionable album on my list (no, it's not Britney Spears, har har har). Is it acceptable to use an original cast album from a musical? Particularly one that was first a "concept album" before it was actually a show?

Are you referring to the cast version of Tommy? Because that does have a couple of original tunes in it.

Seeing as Magical Mystery Tour qualifies....

1. Revolver
2. Magical Mystery Tour
3. White Album

If there was no 3-album rule, I'd probably see fit to throw in all of Sgt Pepper, Rubber Soul, Help and Hard Day's Night

I spent some time agonizing which three Pink Floyd albums to include and whether I liked Piper at the Gates of Dawn more than Animals. In the end Piper got the third spot after all.

:ohmy:

That's an interesting choice, but Piper of course is brilliant in its own right. I have both Dark Side and Wish You Were Here in my top 5, with Animals somewhere in the 20s.

I think my list is done. Maybe one more once-over and see how it feels.

Edit: Never mind, I just saw the instructions in the first post.

right now my three U2 albums are in my top ten...I might change that so I only have one per artist per every ten albums.

I thought I was listing The White album because it's the only Beatles album I find remotely interesting and fun any more, not because apparently "indie people like it". I've never heard anyone I know who likes indie music even mention The Beatles existing. :shrug:

right now my three U2 albums are in my top ten...I might change that so I only have one per artist per every ten albums.

Oh good, I'm not the only one who has them so high. I only have 2 U2 albums on my list, but both are in the top ten.

Edit: Just sent in my list!

I thought I was listing The White album because it's the only Beatles album I find remotely interesting and fun any more, not because apparently "indie people like it". I've never heard anyone I know who likes indie music even mention The Beatles existing. :shrug:

Who are these "Beatles" you speak of?

Back
Top Bottom