Interference's Top 100 Albums of All Time - Sign Up And Discussion Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My #1

every_second_counts_plain_white_t_s_album.jpg

These albums are why the 3-album-per-artist limit is a good idea:

U2 - How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb
The Beatles - Beatles For Sale
Led Zeppelin - In Through The Out Door
Radiohead - Pablo Honey
Coldplay - X&Y
David Bowie - Never Let Me Go
The Who - It's Hard
Bruce Springsteen - Human Touch
Pink Floyd - A Momentary Lapse Of Reason

U2 - How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb
The Beatles - Beatles For Sale
Led Zeppelin - In Through The Out Door
Radiohead - Pablo Honey
Coldplay - X&Y
David Bowie - Never Let Me Go
The Who - It's Hard
Bruce Springsteen - Human Touch
Pink Floyd - A Momentary Lapse Of Reason
The Phantom Menace
Attack of the Clones
Revenge of the Sith
The Crystal Skull
Live Free or Die Hard
Rocky 5

Fixt.

I am definitely in for this.

I also agree that the three album rule should be implemented. It'll make the list more varied and could lead to some interesting results. Plus, maybe people will have to dig through their collection to find some gems they had forgotten. It sounds a lot more fun than having almost a fifth of the list be Beatles and U2 albums.

My list is only going to consist of indie bullshit that came out in the last five years, the sort of stuff that makes people think I'm completely one dimensional and my DI lists suck.

Take that, liberal media.

Do it. It's all what you like anyways, whether it's considered a "classic" or not really shouldn't matter. I doubt anyone else will even have an Idlewild album on their list, I'll probably have one in the top 10.

I need you guys to get some indie stuff on that list. The most indietastic album on my list is, like, Loveless. Which is pretty sad.

I almost forgot that I had this with me

00336737_lg.jpg

The whole issue is like a celebration of music and a visual joygasm to look at the iconic covers and read the write ups! :love:

Nothing is worse than going on iTunes or Last FM and see jackasses saying "This band ripped off Outkast!" when looking up Idlewild. Yes, they looked into the future in 1995 and ripped off the title of a shitty movie/album that would come out 11 years later. I hate the internet.

Yes original idea is best.

Beatles? Sgt. Peppers, White Album, Abbey Road I think. Revolver's got a number of duds and nothing oustanding and I don't own any others.

Choosing three Bowie albums will be more difficult.

Revolver > All of them :wink:

Does Magical Mystery Tour qualify, because if you wanna buy that now, it has to be as an album proper.....even if it was originally just an EP?

Revolver > All of them :wink:

Does Magical Mystery Tour qualify, because if you wanna buy that now, it has to be as an album proper.....even if it was originally just an EP?

I cannot believe that I agree with you, but I do. You've gotta applaud The Beatles for doing that.

I think it would, since it was released as a full album in the US.

I need you guys to get some indie stuff on that list. The most indietastic album on my list is, like, Loveless. Which is pretty sad.

The Flaming Lips need to make it on here... it just has to happen.

Do it. It's all what you like anyways, whether it's considered a "classic" or not really shouldn't matter. I doubt anyone else will even have an Idlewild album on their list, I'll probably have one in the top 10.

Yep.

My list is only going to consist of indie bullshit that came out in the last five years, the sort of stuff that makes people think I'm completely one dimensional and my DI lists suck.

Take that, liberal media.

:drool:

And the great Ronald Reagan.

I'm still extremely ignorant on the Lips. I'll have to get Yoshimi one of these days... if I ever stop buying 60s and 70s albums! :crack:

Back
Top Bottom