Interference's Top 100 Albums of All Time - Sign Up And Discussion Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Why even have this three-album-per-artist rule?

I heard in FYM that affirmative action was a good thing, so I decided to apply it to my list-making. The non-Beatles-related artists of the world will rejoice at their honorable mention.

I heard in FYM that affirmative action was a good thing, so I decided to apply it to a my list-making. The non-Beatles-related artists of the world will rejoice at their honorable mention.

You and your fucking liberal bias.

NSW, you know who's wrong all of the time? Steven Spielberg.

This is a night for Scorsesians!!!!!

Spielberg, you only exist out here BECAUSE-A ME!

8E16EF1C7158A36656A3C484F2DABE.jpg

So anyway, I don't think we should implement the 3 albums per artist rule. Maybe we should ban U2 though. Eh?

1. The Beatles - Abbey Road
2. David Bowie - Ziggy Stardust
3. The Beatles - Revolver
4. Coldplay - Rush Of Blood To The Head
5. The Beatles - Sgt. Pepper
6. Led Zeppelin - IV
7. The Beatles - White Album
8. Radiohead - OK Computer
9. The Beatles - Rubber Soul
10. Pink Floyd - Wish You Were Here

Definitely my idea of a good time.

Where's Viva la Vida, El-Mel? It's only the greatest album of the decade. Fuck 2009.

6. Led Zeppelin - IV

You make a valid point. And I just noticed your sig. lol.

Oh, and I forgot to mention:

So I'm in, if you're ok with waiting a few weeks to get everyone's entries.

I'm most certainly OK with waiting a bit for your entry. The deadline isn't for another three weeks, technically.

You douche-whistles have had quite the little party here while I've been out with people from the Netherlands.

As I am offended by each and every one of your virtual hate crimes, I thought this was necessary:
thats_racist.gif

LeMeL should stick to his guns, all-time not decades, and only 3 albums per artist. I don't want to see some shit list with every fucking Creed album on it (LEMAC!).

You douche-whistles have had quite the little party here while I've been out with people from the Netherlands.

As I am offended by each and every one of your virtual hate crimes, I thought this was necessary:
thats_racist.gif

LeMeL should stick to his guns, all-time not decades, and only 3 albums per artist. I don't want to see some shit list with every fucking Creed album on it (LEMAC!).

What can I say? Scott Stapp takes me higher.

6. Led Zeppelin - IV

But that(not exactly what you put there, I'm speaking generally) makes for a more accurate reflection of what those who make a list like that truly think are the best albums of all time. If you want to implement quotas that force diversity, it comes across as being more interested in finding new music than in constructing a list that is truly reflective of what we as a forum collectively believe are the best albums ever recorded.

Oh, and I forgot to mention:

I'm most certainly OK with waiting a bit for your entry. The deadline isn't for another three weeks, technically.

Cool :up: :)

thats_racist.gif

I don't think there are too many people here that would think Creed belongs on lists of this sort anyway :wink:

But that(not exactly what you put there, I'm speaking generally) makes for a more accurate reflection of what those who make a list like that truly think are the best albums of all time. If you want to implement quotas that force diversity, it comes across as being more interested in finding new music than in constructing a list that is truly reflective of what we as a forum collectively believe are the best albums ever recorded.

Understood. Just the same, I want to encourage some thought and, yes, some diversity in the making of these lists. I can deal with a shade less accuracy in exchange for a list that is more representative of the overall tastes of everyone here. If the list was packed to the gills with the same 10-20 artists, the great variety present in the musical tastes of Interference would be absent from the list. To me, that's more important than saying once more that, yes, the Beatles were wonderful.

0000007502_20060920143806.jpg

Hate to be a grammar bitch, nam, but there's a space in between a word and a parenthetical aside.

This: I like pizza (good pizza)
Not This: I like pizza(good pizza)

Sorry, lack of spacing bugs me.

Understood. Just the same, I want to encourage some thought and, yes, some diversity in the making of these lists. I can deal with a shade less accuracy in exchange for a list that is more representative of the overall tastes of everyone here. If the list was packed to the gills with the same 10-20 artists, the great variety present in the musical tastes of Interference would be absent from the list. To me, that's more important than saying once more that, yes, the Beatles were wonderful.

Agreed. Plus, we already know that essentially everyone in this part of the forum loves U2 and Radiohead. Having nearly all of their albums in the top 20 would be a painful to look at.

Agreed. Plus, we already know that essentially everyone in this part of the forum loves U2 and Radiohead. Having nearly all of their albums in the top 20 would be a painful to look at.

People in this part of the forum like U2? Since when???

If Pablo Honey made it up there, this entire forum should be closed.

I'll refrain from making a Coldplay joke here.

Pablo Honey's not a terrible album, but I would not like to see it on the Interference Top 100 list, that's for sure.

Back
Top Bottom