Interference's Top 100 Albums of All Time - Sign Up And Discussion Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
50 albums is daunting.

El-Mel...how about doing this one decade at a time...like...everyone makes a top ten of the 60s, of the 70s, 80s, 90s, and 00s. And then tally everything up and have an 'Interference's top 10 albums of the 60s' and then of the 70s and so on.

Just an idea. If anything, it would make the process of making the lists a little easier.

Nah... we can do that also maybe at some point. But I want to do a Top 50 or 100 of all-time.

if we were to do that i propose we just stick with my list for the 80s :cool:

and zoots can take the 90s :wink:

:hi5:

I like it as well, hence me using it.

We need to start with something more broad. Not everyone here has 50 albums from each decade anyway, so it would be exclusionary.

Well, I meant more like 10 albums for each decade for a total of 50 when all is said and done. But, your comp, your rules, I suppose.

Yes original idea is best.

Beatles? Sgt. Peppers, White Album, Abbey Road I think. Revolver's got a number of duds and nothing oustanding and I don't own any others.

Choosing three Bowie albums will be more difficult.

Why even have this three-album-per-artist rule?

There's always a rule like this in most competitions held here in B&C and I've never understood the point, especially in a contest like this where we're straight out listing what we think are the best albums ever. IMO, if a certain artist was/is so brilliant that the bulk of their discography deserves to be on a list like this, than so be it(and I'm not talking about U2 here). I feel that if you put this arbitrary limit on it, you're not going to get lists there are really accurate of what people think are the top 50 albums of all time. I don't want to be putting albums on there that I think are lesser than another band's fourth or fifth best albums. There's no need to force diversity on lists like this, imo. Just a perspective on it. I vote that this rule be stricken down.

I'll take part in this. But I reserve the right to pull out if I can't find the time. I'm swamped with school work right now. I can't be spending hours on end on something like this, at least not for another two weeks or so. So I'm in, if you're ok with waiting a few weeks to get everyone's entries.

Agreed. We don't need quotas. That's, like, racist. Not cool, man. Not. Cool.

Like NSW. He is very, very racist. And he likes to pull the wool over people's eyes by accusing me of being an anti-semite. But it's all a trick. It's like when Bill Hicks did everything Denis Leary did first. Smoke and mirrors. By NSW. NSW, who loved bowling.

Like NSW. He is very, very racist. And he likes to pull the wool over people's eyes by accusing me of being an anti-semite. But it's all a trick. It's like when Bill Hicks did everything Denis Leary did first. Smoke and mirrors. By NSW. NSW, who loved bowling.

Did you mean "bye", Little Lord Piss? Perhaps you cheated on the SAT's? Can you even fucking spell SAT? Vladimir Ilyich Ulyanov!

Did you mean "bye", Little Lord Piss? Perhaps you cheated on the SAT's? Can you even fucking spell SAT? Vladimir Ilyich Ulyanov!

I meant "by." As in:

NSW did them. These racist actions were done by NSW.

NSW pulled the wool over your eyes. The wool was pulled over your eyes by NSW.

NSW is a douche. The title of douche was earned by NSW.

I meant "by." As in:

NSW did them. These racist actions were done by NSW.

NSW pulled the wool over your eyes. The wool was pulled over your eyes by NSW.

NSW is a douche. The title of douche was earned by NSW.

NSW doesn't STOP BEING JEWISH.

That would not have made sense, because you are not going anywhere. God knows, we want you to. But you're always here. That's the point. You're never gone. Ever. Fuck.

Back
Top Bottom