Interference's Top 100 Albums of All Time - Sign Up And Discussion Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LemonMelon

More 5G Than Man
As you may or may not have observed, for every tournament that finishes, a new one has to be made to fill the void. With Desert Island V and the Radiohead survivor wrapping up, I figured it would be a great time to break out an old favorite; list-making. Except, of course, on a much larger scale.

The final goal is to put together a list of 100 albums, with the rankings based on the points they receive from their placement on the list you make. Your job is to make a list of 50 albums, with the genre being absolutely irrelevant.

The points will be distributed as follows:

#1 - 50 points
#2 - 49 points
#3 - 48 points

If you learned how to count at some point in your life, you know where I'm going with this.

You are allowed 3 albums per artist. This is to prevent a final list comprised solely of U2, Beatles, and Radiohead albums. It would be an accurate list, but minorities deserve a fair chance as well.

Because we still have a couple of tournaments going, and because it takes more than 24 hours to polish up a list of 50 albums, it will be a week before I start accepting any lists. If you wish to participate, please say so, and you will be notified when it has been a week. Usually, it's 7 days, but stuff happens, and people may forget. If it has been a week and you never signed up, you may still enter a list, but you won't be notified. The platinum package is saved for those who read B&C every single day and never miss a response. I will be accepting lists for two weeks, to accommodate those who signed up, and those who see this thread and may want to throw something together at the last minute.

To enter a list, please send it to me via PM. If you were to all post your lists in this thread, there would be no suspense, and the agonizingly long results thread would just be agonizing.

Let's get this magical mystery tour rolling. It's our only hope to keep B&C hopping in this awkward period between the end of Desert Island and the release of the new U2 album when I graduate........from med school.

Oh fuck yes I am in.

Don't do what that bloke did in Ekyew either, where he posted the results one post by one bloody post. :faint:

What happened to the Bowie survivor? :lol:

Holy shit! :lol: Great idea, Mel! What a coincidence, cos I was thinking about this the other day as I browsed Rolling Stone's Top 100 albums of all-time from 2003 and thought about maybe giving it a go myself! So yeah... mindless list making? Count me in! :D

I'm honestly surprised this hasn't already been done. If it has, I certainly never saw anything like it in my four years of trolling this place (in a manner of speaking).

What happened to the Bowie survivor? :lol:

It reached Tonight and Pfan did what many Bowie fans must have done around that time; quit.

Well, there's been some attempts like it, I guess. There was that post-your-five-favourite-albums-and-we'll-have-a-100-best thing, and surely there'd be some threads asking posters to list their best.

I'm honestly surprised this hasn't already been done. If it has, I certainly never saw anything like it in my four years of trolling this place (in a manner of speaking).

Yeah you'd think a topic like this would have already been covered! I've never seen it either.

Actually... yeah I think we've had Top 10 and Top 20 lists on this topic!

Last edited:
I blatantly stole the idea from a Simpsons forum I frequent, but hey, very few of the albums we'll be crowning are truly original themselves, so it's only fair.

I'm totally in on this.

Helps that last January, I made a top 50 albums list on my blog that I don't expect I will alter much.

Here's to the list being original, which I think it shall. I certainly don't own all the albums that are considered the best, and the ones that I do (eg Sgt. Peppers) I don't think are as great as many consider.

I'm totally in on this.

Helps that last January, I made a top 50 albums list on my blog that I don't expect I will alter much.

Ha, yeah, I still have a top 50 lying around, but it will be altered considerably.

OK, here's the itinerary:

October 28 - List of participators to be notified opened for compiling
November 4 - Notifications sent out, lists accepted
November 18 - Lists no longer accepted, final list compiled
November 19 - Results thread made (to be stretched out for as many hours as humanly possible)

Basically, we should have this all wrapped up before Thanksgiving, so no one will miss out on the festivities.

I suck way too hard at making lists, as I feel like I'm slighting my favorite albums by possibly placing them in an order I'll later regret (and always do), but I'm still tempted to join in. If I say I'll do it and my indecisiveness ends up getting the best of me, will you all forgive me or hate me for the rest of eternity?

I suck way too hard at making lists, as I feel like I'm slighting my favorite albums by possibly placing them in an order I'll later regret (and always do), but I'm still tempted to join in. If I say I'll do it and my indecisiveness ends up getting the best of me, will you all forgive me or hate me for the rest of eternity?

Don't be so rude to us, Scumbo.

Back
Top Bottom