Interference's Top 100 Albums of All Time - Sign Up And Discussion Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:lol: Bonnie.

AFTP will not be on my list.

Er ... pop music, perhaps?

I love early Beatles stuff. When I first got into the Beatles, I was into the later stuff, but I really grew to appreciate the early stuff. It's absolutely perfect pop music, augmented with the occasional little twists, like ending on a 7th chord in "She Loves You" or opening with that dischordant sound in "A Hard Day's Night."

Quality stuff, that. :up:

:lol: yes probably the best term.

She Loves You, I can appreciate. And I haven't really heard a lot of the early stuff, and I like the tunes Hard Day's Night, Help, Drive My Car... I just can't stand the inconspicuously clean lovey-dovey songs.

I know one album that might go on my list that probably won't go on any of yours - RHCP's 'Californication'. Great record. :rockon: :drool:

:rockon: funnily enough it's the only RHCP album I haven't burnt off my mate... I'll correct that before I make my list.

What's definitely making mine is By the Way... fantastic record. I Could Die For You, Dosed, Can't Stop (know every word), Zephyr Song...

It might go on mine. I enjoy it more than BSSM.

:up: BSSM doen't rock my boat that much.

:lol:

Just a little prediction of how this tournament will turn out:

(11. Red Hot Chili Peppers - Californication)
10. REM - Automatic For The People
9. Duffy
8. M83 - Saturdays=Youth
7. Fleet Foxes - Fleet Foxes
6. Beatles - Rubber Soul
5. Mariah Carey - Music Box (Zoots sends in 15 entries.)
4. Pink Floyd - Animals
3. Beatles - Revolver
2. The Clash - London Calling
1. Radiohead - Kid A/The Bends/OK Computer/Amnesiac/In Rainbows/Pablo Honey/Hail To The Thief

Technically, a Sigur Ros album will actually come first, but everybody will spell it differently so the votes are separated.

:lmao:!!!

Hey! Khan likes it too! :mad:

The Sigur Ros thing was especially hilarious.

() is one of my favourite albums; so on principal I guess I must disagree unless they're the single most amazing band ever:wink:

u2popmofo's new rule:

If Black Sheep Boy or The Stage Names aren't on your lists, you're required to listen to both of them 10 times each before finishing your lists.

u2popmofo's new rule:

If Black Sheep Boy or The Stage Names aren't on your lists, you're required to listen to both of them 10 times each before finishing your lists.

:lol:

At least one of them will be on my list. Probably Black Sheep Boy, but we'll see.

According to...you and several other people here? Nice objective opinion

If you had their other albums, you wouldn't object.

Don't get me wrong, I DO love (). 1, 3, 4, 6, and 8 are absolutely fantastic. Generally you'd think 5 out of 8 is a good average of "loved songs" on an album, but the average is even better on the other albums. :)

Back
Top Bottom