Interference's Top 100 Albums of All Time - Sign Up And Discussion Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
^ :lol: :madspit:

Irishteen raises a good question. What about The Who Live at Leeds for instance? Also, I'm assuming Greatest Hits collections are not allowed? Even popular ones like The Byrds Greatest Hits?

Greatest Hits or compilation type things shouldn't be included in my opinion. I have no problem personally with live albums or a "1 artist only soundtrack" type thing. Compilations and greatest hits can't really be considered "albums" in my opinion though.

Greatest Hits or compilation type things shouldn't be included in my opinion. I have no problem personally with live albums or a "1 artist only soundtrack" type thing. Compilations and greatest hits can't really be considered "albums" in my opinion though.

So what if there's a soundtrack with one song by a different artist, but the rest all the same?

So what if there's a soundtrack with one song by a different artist, but the rest all the same?

Well if the soundtrack is credited to one artist overall or if that artist wrote the song, I'd say it should definitely be allowed. And even if that isn't the case I think it should be allowed too, but guess it's up to LM.

Does the list have to be just studio albums or are live albums or even soundtracks (if it's pretty much just one artist/band/composer) counted as well?

Just studio albums or soundtracks comprised of all original material (scores, for example). No live albums or compilations. Actually, I suppose albums like Rattle & Hum would count, because it's mostly all-new studio material.

Something like Aimee Mann's Magnolia soundtrack or Prince's Purple Rain soundtrack, where an artist provides original material, should be included.

El-Mel said it right before me, damn.

And yes, LMP's example is accurate. Soundtracks like Purple Rain would be fine, but you just can't use soundtracks that are compiled from old material such as Rushmore or The Graduate.

what the hell. i'll throw my hat in. at the very least my top 50 will provide amusement.

My #1:

69627c8cf362741ee293808568db1961_full.jpg

50 albums is daunting.

El-Mel...how about doing this one decade at a time...like...everyone makes a top ten of the 60s, of the 70s, 80s, 90s, and 00s. And then tally everything up and have an 'Interference's top 10 albums of the 60s' and then of the 70s and so on.

Just an idea. If anything, it would make the process of making the lists a little easier.

50 albums is daunting.

El-Mel...how about doing this one decade at a time...like...everyone makes a top ten of the 60s, of the 70s, 80s, 90s, and 00s. And then tally everything up and have an 'Interference's top 10 albums of the 60s' and then of the 70s and so on.

Just an idea. If anything, it would make the process of making the lists a little easier.
if we were to do that i propose we just stick with my list for the 80s :cool:

and zoots can take the 90s :wink:

50 albums is daunting.

Or that would be a good idea for more and more polls to kill time. That's what the intention with this one in the first place right? :D

Back
Top Bottom