Interference's Top 100 Albums of All Time - Sign Up And Discussion Thread - Page 28 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Just the Bang and the Clatter
Click Here to Login

Old 10-31-2008, 05:25 PM   #406
The Male

Local Time: 03:39 AM
Also, I would think that b-side/outtake collections would be out, though that is certainly a grey area. Let's allow allmusic to make the decision; if you're not sure, check the site, and if it's under compilations, don't include it.

Now.
LemonMelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 07:38 PM   #407
45:33

Local Time: 10:39 PM
So in total I've only got about 72 albums to choose from... (not including of course artists/groups where I own more than three) so that takes the fun out a bit, but I'll get on it. Just means some rather average albums may round out my list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zootlesque View Post
Anyway, how fucking brilliant is Quadrophenia?! I'm having a hard time trying to decide which one to place ahead, Quadrophenia or Who's Next! Both are so brilliant!
I fucking love Quadrophenia of late. It kicks all kinds of ass. A double album with single album quality and little filler. My only complaint is that by the time you get to the end you've essentially heard LROM about ten times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlsAloudFan View Post
is the worst smiley ever.
Quote:
Originally Posted by elevated_u2_fan View Post
which I still say should be renamed as :BVS:
qft

is the most sarcastic thing going 'round, but I think is the worst, and has anyone ever used ?

GAF's right, too, is nullified by

Old 10-31-2008, 07:53 PM   #408
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 01:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by COBL_04 View Post
A double album with single album quality and little filler.
Seriously! Even the 2 instrumentals are so amazing!

Quote:
My only complaint is that by the time you get to the end you've essentially heard LROM about ten times.
Haha well, there are different themes repeating all over the album including "is it me, for a moment?", helpless dancer and of course love reign o'er me. Starting from the very first I Am The Sea with the sound of waves and The Real Me kicking in with a bang to the grand finale of Love, the album is simply flawless! Impeccable! I'm extremely tempted to include it in my Top 5 but it will probably be more like Top 10 or 20 though cos there's too much competition!

Quote:
is nullified by
See, but can be used when the situation hasn't become so irritating and frustrating that nothing will convey your emotions better than a
Old 10-31-2008, 07:58 PM   #409

Quote:
Seriously! Even the 2 instrumentals are so amazing!
Agreed one hundred percent

My first thoughts of the album were positive, because The Real Me is great, and Quadrophenia is an outstanding instrumental. It's absolutely perfect. The Rock, I'm not as hot about, mostly because it is a big rehash and there's not a lot new, but I still like it.

Quote:
Haha well, there are different themes repeating all over the album including "is it me, for a moment?", helpless dancer and of course love reign o'er me. Starting from the very first I Am The Sea with the sound of waves and The Real Me kicking in with a bang to the grand finale of Love, the album is simply flawless! Impeccable! I'm extremely tempted to include it in my Top 5 but it will probably be more like Top 10 or 20 though cos there's too much competition!
Helpless Dancer's one of my favourites (always skip the KAA inclusion at the end though). The Real Me is the type of song that I'd love to hear go on for 10, 15, 20 minutes it's that awesome. The horns, the running bass, Roger's vocals...

Quote:
See, but can be used when the situation hasn't become so irritating and frustrating that nothing will convey your emotions better than a
I think it's just 's body shape that irritates me.
Old 10-31-2008, 08:05 PM   #410
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Agreed one hundred percent

My first thoughts of the album were positive, because The Real Me is great, and Quadrophenia is an outstanding instrumental. It's absolutely perfect. The Rock, I'm not as hot about, mostly because it is a big rehash and there's not a lot new, but I still like it.
Yeah I agree. Quadrophenia > The Rock. The Rock may have a more impressive intro and some kickass drumming but I just love how the LROM theme arrives in Quadrophenia. It's almost like listening to the actual song!

Quote:
Helpless Dancer's one of my favourites (always skip the KAA inclusion at the end though).
Ooh what is that?? I have no idea what that song is that plays at the end of Helpless Dancer. I like it though. I don't skip it.

edit: Oh it's Kids are Alright! Yeah I know it's a Who essential and everything but I've never heard it.

Quote:
The Real Me is the type of song that I'd love to hear go on for 10, 15, 20 minutes it's that awesome. The horns, the running bass, Roger's vocals...
Agreed! That bass and those vocals are just unfuckingbelievable! Perfect start to the album to keep one's attention throughout!
Old 11-01-2008, 01:54 AM   #411
Blue Crack Distributor

Well, my initial list is 72 albums. That's not too bad, not too much to chop out.
Old 11-01-2008, 04:11 AM   #412
Refugee

Location: The city of blinding lights and amazing coffee - Melbourne.
im in!
no radiohead or coldplay on my list!
Old 11-01-2008, 05:52 AM   #413
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 11:39 AM
I picked my top 50 albums, all I have to do now is rank them, Which I find incredibly hard; top 10 is relatively easy but how can I tell which album I like just a tiny bit more than the other? Arrgh.
Old 11-01-2008, 01:53 PM   #414
Refugee

Local Time: 06:39 AM
Quote:
I fucking love Quadrophenia of late. It kicks all kinds of ass.
Quadrophenia is firmly entrenched in my top 10. It is The Who's finest hour.
Old 11-01-2008, 04:24 PM   #415
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 06:39 AM
Sign me up!

I love making music-related lists.
Old 11-01-2008, 06:24 PM   #416
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Local Time: 05:39 AM
*phew* just sent my list.
Old 11-01-2008, 08:45 PM   #417

Quote:
Yeah I agree. Quadrophenia > The Rock. The Rock may have a more impressive intro and some kickass drumming but I just love how the LROM theme arrives in Quadrophenia. It's almost like listening to the actual song!

Ooh what is that?? I have no idea what that song is that plays at the end of Helpless Dancer. I like it though. I don't skip it.

edit: Oh it's Kids are Alright! Yeah I know it's a Who essential and everything but I've never heard it.

Agreed! That bass and those vocals are just unfuckingbelievable! Perfect start to the album to keep one's attention throughout!
This is awesome I think in the past we used to disagree on 99per cent of things...

I also ADORE The Punk and The Godfather, for it's guitar and Townshend's verse at the end, and also 5:15, which has a bit of a manic-bowie-piano feel about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdisantis83 View Post
Quadrophenia is firmly entrenched in my top 10. It is The Who's finest hour.
I'm starting to come around to this opinion as well. Who's Next is superb, but Quadrophenia is sustained brilliance for what, like 80 minutes or so? I think it's a few of the individual songs on WN which make it so fantabulous. Baba O'Riley man...

My mate still thinks Limp Bizkit's atrocious synth fucking garbage shit cover of Behind Blue Eyes is better than the original.
Old 11-01-2008, 09:32 PM   #418
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
I think in the past we used to disagree on 99per cent of things...
Mostly U2 and Bomb related. But now I think we pretty much both agree that it was good but not great.

Quote:
My mate still thinks Limp Bizkit's atrocious synth fucking garbage shit cover of Behind Blue Eyes is better than the original.
Oh god! First of all, how can one not like the beautiful original version??? And second, how could he like the Limp Bizkit version and that too better??
Old 11-01-2008, 10:58 PM   #419

Quote:
Mostly U2 and Bomb related. But now I think we pretty much both agree that it was good but not great.
Spot on! I was perhaps one of its staunchest defenders; now, "good but not great" probably suits it perfectly.

Quote:
Originally posted by Zoots
Oh god! First of all, how can one not like the beautiful original version??? And second, how could he like the Limp Bizkit version and that too better??
Exactly. The first version is superb, from the quiet acoustic, to the rollicking conclusion, and secondly... I can't even go into it. The Bizkit version is beyond bad, and it had a woeful video as well.

Stick to the fucks et al that you know best, Fred...
Old 11-02-2008, 05:40 PM   #420
Blue Crack Addict

Just made mine.