Interference's Top 100 Albums of All Time - Sign Up And Discussion Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Don't you guys think I'll have tortured you enough by the time the #1 album is unveiled?

Anonymous voting is for crybabies and illegal immigrants.

I'd rather just see the list - I don't want to have to try and guess for 15 pages before the answer is revealed. But if more people think the guessing will be fun, then go for it. I'll live.

I'm more likely to say "Oh hey, So-and-So likes that album, too! I had no idea!" rather than "Jesus, What'sHerButt has the worst taste in music I've ever seen."

:shrug:

Okay fine then don't use the anonymous idea. I just thought it was a decent idea that intedomine suggested. But it's your competition. :shrug:

And besides, I just thought it would be fun guessing some not so obvious lists. So I don't understand the crybaby comment. It's not like we are ashamed of our own lists, lol. At least I'm not.

It's not a bad idea. My issue is that it'll drag things out to nearly absurd levels. Plus...what Cori just said.

Okay, I'm confused (surprise, surprise) - ElMel, you said something about "anonymous voting" that threw me off. What's the voting aspect?

I assumed we were talking about you posting each person's list without the name attached and we guessed whose it was, at the same time you were releasing the final results one album at a time.

Or am I missing a piece and there's going to be some sort of voting involved?

Yeah, so when he said the "anonymous voting is for crybabies," I didn't think that was directed at you, I thought he was talking about something else completely.

Damn, I've just been confused through this whole thread, haven't I? :lol:

It's not a bad idea. My issue is that it'll drag things out to nearly absurd levels.

I think we are talking about 2 different things.

I was suggesting what intedomine suggested. Simply post everyone's lists without the names. And we guess which is who's just for fun.

I think ElMel should pick who he thinks has the best list and that person gets a prize. Like a personally embroidered bathrobe or somethin'.

Okay, I'm confused (surprise, surprise) - ElMel, you said something about "anonymous voting" that threw me off. What's the voting aspect?

I assumed we were talking about you posting each person's list without the name attached and we guessed whose it was, at the same time you were releasing the final results one album at a time.

Or am I missing a piece and there's going to be some sort of voting involved?

The voting aspect is putting together your own lists for future tallying. I personally believe that adding a guessing game onto a thread that's already going to go on for an entire day is pushing things a bit too far, so that's why I'm not in favor of it.

And yes, the person whose list has the highest number of albums from my own will receive a prize of some kind, likely of dubious quality.

The voting aspect is putting together your own lists for future tallying.

... you mean the lists we already submitted? The "future tallying" is throwing me off.

.... or should I just shut up, go away and just wait to see what happens? ;)

... you mean the lists we already submitted? The "future tallying" is throwing me off.

.... or should I just shut up, go away and just wait to see what happens? ;)

You give me the lists. I give them points based on their placement. I tally up the points and, based on the sum, the album will be given its spot in the top 100, or not at all, if the sum is negligible.

Yeah I don't get this future tallying business either. :scratch: I thought we were talking about you posting everyone's lists as they are submitted to you (but not including anyone's names) and then a final list.

You give me the lists. I give them points based on their placement. I tally up the points and, based on the sum, the album will be given its spot in the top 100, or not at all, if the sum is negligible.

Got it. That's what I assumed was going to happen. I'll just stop trying to read into every other sentence you type. ;)

Yes, and I already said I didn't want to do that. What am I missing here? :scratch:

Okay that's fine if you don't want to do that. I just don't understand why you said it would prolong things. It's not like you have to wait until everyone's lists have been guessed correctly before posting the final list! :lol: Whoever wants to guess can guess, otherwise just wait for the final list to be posted. That's my understanding of intedomine's suggestion.

Unless like I said earlier, we are talking about 2 different things. :confused:

Okay that's fine if you don't want to do that. I just don't understand why you said it would prolong things. It's not like you have to wait until everyone's lists have been guessed correctly before posting the final list! :lol: Unless like I said earlier, we are talking about 2 different things. :confused:

Oh, well, like Cori said, if it took people pages to successfully guess a person's list, that would extend the thread greatly. I'm usually not against upping my post count, but it would be like a game thread or something, and that's not quite what I had in mind.

It would be a clever comprise had people been more uncomfortable with sharing their lists, but that's not the case.

Unless ElMel also wants to be like The Scientist, I'd rather prefer if first the Top 100 is posted. Then, kinda as an appendix, individual lists can be posted. Don't move the focus on the individual lists (which will happen if you post those first), but on the Top 100.
:)

Unless ElMel also wants to be like The Scientist, I'd rather prefer if first the Top 100 is posted. Then, kinda as an appendix, individual lists can be posted. Don't move the focus on the individual lists (which will happen if you post those first), but on the Top 100.
:)

I agree.

You guys will just have to see what I have cooked up. When everything is wrapped up, the results will be added to the first post for ease of viewing, along with the individual contributions. But I want to get a little extra mileage out of that if I can.

BTW, the thread will most likely be started on Thursday. People will still be sending in lists on Tuesday, so I'll have to work out the results on Wednesday. Nobody is ever here on Fridays, so it all works out.

I'd give permission for mine to be posted....

Anonymity might be the way to go, in case some folk get sensitive about their taste. It might make it a wee bit of fun guessing who's list is who's.

:up: But looks like I'm too late.

The anonymity thing won't work if anyone knows anyone well enough.

I'll see a Gin Blossoms album and know it can only be intedomine or something.

:lol:

Your list = Werringtonian Democracy

*goeswayovermyhead*

I'd love to have my list anonymous. It's gonna be critiqued the shit out of :drool:

( :flirt: and perhaps Khan can be so kind as to add it to the original post when the festivities have concluded)
:hmm:

The reason for reordering is that every list will be run through an alphabetizer so I can add up each album's totals more easily. However, if it starts Album - Artist or has a number at the beginning, it won't be alphabetized properly. Similarly, a " : " is ordered differently than a " - " would be, so there cannot be any colons, which I've already seen on at least two lists.
:depressed:

Back
Top Bottom