Interference's Top 100 Albums of All Time - Sign Up And Discussion Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I just sent in mine. And in a last-minute rush, the #50 album was replaced with the one originally #51.
Sorry, New York by Lou Reed... :(

I don't think I have any women on my list
mostly to do that some of my favourite female artists just don't have that 1 album which I think is close to perfection

I just noticed myself.. the only women I have are Nico (with VU), Emmylou Harris, Portishead and Dusty Springfield..Not much indeed..

Yeah, Emmylou Harris is doing well so far. No telling just yet how far any of her albums will go, but I have seen her name pop up on a number of lists.

Who's Emmylou Harris? :reject:

:tsk:
She's an amazing country artist. And I mean old-school country, not the new country drab of today. She came on the scene in the early Seventies, as dueting partner of country rock pioneer Gram Parsons. And she never went away.

Check out her album Wrecking Ball, which is maybe her most accessible work (for us U2 fans, as it's produced by Daniel Lanois and features Larry drumming on most of the tracks).

Emmylou Harris Official Website

Hmm... I've got PJ Harvey, Kate Bush, Sleater-Kinney, Liz Phair, Tori Amos, The Breeders, Beth Gibbons, Cat Power, M.I.A., Bjork, Lisa Gerrard and Martha Wainwright. I'll be surprised if any of these will make the final list though.

MIA? :lol:

Who's Emmylou Harris? :reject:

Dude.

She's a goddess. Got her start collaborating with Gram Parsons, went solo and has moved through multiple variations of country music - alt-country, bluegrass, gospel, angelic harmonies with Dolly Parton and Linda Ronstadt for two albums .... she's just awesome.

Her recent album with Mark Knopfler is also really good.

If you'd told me 10 years ago I'd have three albums by "country" artists in my top 20 favorite albums, I'd have laughed in your face.

But yep, there they are: Emmylou Harris, Lyle Lovett and the Dixie Chicks.

M.I.A. is a female, yes.

Yes, I know that. I just thought it was a bit unusual to include her album in the all-time Top 50. I'm assuming it's the album with Paper Planes on it? I haven't heard anything else from that album so cannot comment on the rest of the songs but I was just surprised that it is already going on somebody's all-time list.

Yes, I know that. I just thought it was a bit unusual to include her album in the all-time Top 50. I'm assuming it's the album with Paper Planes on it? I haven't heard anything else from that album so cannot comment on the rest of the songs but I was just surprised that it is already going on somebody's all-time list.

I think Kala is great. :shrug: Not top 50-worthy, but hardly a choice worth balking at.

You rebel scum.

Back
Top Bottom