Interference's Top 100 Albums of All Time - Sign Up And Discussion Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Personally, I like the Sgt. Peppers->Magical Mystery Tour->White Album->Abbey Road much more. :shrug:

It's difficult to underestimate the awesomeness of VU's Velvet Underground & Nico--->White Light/White Heat--->Velvet Underground (1969)--->Loaded quadrilogy.

Personally, I like the Sgt. Peppers->Magical Mystery Tour->White Album->Abbey Road much more. :shrug:

A great stretch as well, although it's difficult with Magical Mystery Tour, as it is more of a compilation of singles released during that time, with some new songs. It's not really an album in the purest sense of the word.

But yeah, still a great stretch.

The Velvet Underground's first two albums didn't even come close to my top 100 let alone top 50 :reject:

:(. I haven't heard them myself, but if either of them is better than their third album, I don't know how it's possible not to like them :p

VU&N sounds like dog shit and will make my list because I don't own enough other albums to kick it out :reject:

That said though. I do still like the record.

I like the record too but it seriously is not one of my favourites. Who cares if it's influential? It doesn't make it any better to listen to. My top 50 list is a list of albums I love listening to the most, and not of albums that are "important" but insanely overrated.

VU&N is overrated because of shit like "Run, Run, Run" and "European Son". However, "Heroin", "Sunday Morning", "I'm Waiting For The Man", and "There She Goes Again" are unbelievably good. The rest are all pretty decent as well. Very good record overall.

VU&N is overrated because of shit like "Run, Run, Run" and "European Son". However, "Heroin", "Sunday Morning", "I'm Waiting For The Man", and "There She Goes Again" are unbelievably good. The rest are all pretty decent as well. Very good record overall.

I agree with every single character of this post

^^:lol:
^:yes:

There aren't many albums on which I can discern quality of production, for example, people rag on AB's poor production. I can't hear it. I also could not hear the difference bewteen the JT original and the remaster. But with VU&N... well. Give it a listen. You'll understand. Only Sunday Morning sounds good production-wise. Although didn't they record it all mostly over a few hours for a couple of grand?

An album of two bad tracks and half of it being decent does not deserve to come anywhere near being in the top fifty. The only amazing track on the album is Heroin, the rest are great at best and most aren't even that.

Can lists for this still be entered...just noticed this things existence now.

Coolio's, my nursing course keeps me from noticing all these good things, too busy at poking at human body bits and having my hands in a corpse's chest...it's all good though:wink:

It's difficult to underestimate the awesomeness of VU's Velvet Underground & Nico--->White Light/White Heat--->Velvet Underground (1969)--->Loaded quadrilogy.

Hell yes.

White Light's making my Top 20, that's for sure... cuz that's what Sistah Ray said!

I think the adoration over VU and Nico has as much to do with the cultural significance along with the actual music, which is an idea I subscribe to as well. I totally understand why people don't feel the same way, but in the end, I feel it's their loss.

So far, 10 lists have been sent in. At this point, Abbey Road is the clear #1, with five mentions...two of them at the very top. It's even beating out Achtung Baby.

Bah, 10 lists doesn't amount to much. I actually tried some tabulating, and there aren't enough repeat albums to really make any headway on it. Don't worry; U2 will be sitting comfortably at the top by the time everyone has their lists in, I'm convinced.

Zoots, you have any Snow albums in your Top 10?

Uh licky boom-boom down!

My friends and I were joking about the song the other day and I thought of you... really didn't think you'd put it up that high. Awesome.

um I was kidding, dude! Did you honestly think I was gonna put fucking Snow in my Top 50 albums of all-time? I don't know whether to :| or :lmao:

Back
Top Bottom