Interference's Top 100 Albums of All Time - Sign Up And Discussion Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Notifications have been sent out, and lists are now being accepted. Entries will cease being accepted on the 18th.

This is beginning to irk me. I really thought I was content with my list, but God...not at all anymore.

I know - I immediately thought of things I wanted to change after I sent in my list, but oh well. That's the way it goes.

I don't have to always like those albums in that particular order. I can live with changing my mind a week from now, because I still get to love the music I love. :)

My big thing is that there are a lot of albums I'm only just now listening to that I would like to add to my list, like Dylan's Blood on the Tracks but I've only heard it once. I know I loved it, and it was an immediate favorite, but where do I put it on the list? Plus, I don't own it, so it's rather hard for me to give it another listen. Then there's Are You Experienced? I really liked that one as well...but was it good enough to knock off an album that was already in my top 50 before I heard it? Do I like it more? I odn't know, I've only heard it once :scream:

That's why I just stuck with albums I own and know very well.

I didn't bother with the ones I know are considered great, but if I don't own them and haven't heard them all the way through, I didn't want to put them on the list just because I "should," you know?

That's why I just stuck with albums I own and know very well.

I didn't bother with the ones I know are considered great, but if I don't own them and haven't heard them all the way through, I didn't want to put them on the list just because I "should," you know?

I tried to do that as well, but I've lost a lot of music over time. Then there's a lot of stuff I own on cassette and Vinyl that I haven't imported to my computer yet. I can't listen to the vinyls right now because my needle is broken and I'm too broke to buy a new one. The cassettes I actually can listen to cause I have a cassette player, but not many of them are on my top 50 list actually.

But the reason I've been listening to so many new albums lately is because I don't listen to enough albums. Far too many singles and the like, so a lot of stuff that I'm newly hearing I am easily falling in love with as well. Seeing stuff I've been missing out on all these years, ya know?

Totally. :up:

My last boyfriend had an extensive CD collection that included a lot of "classic" albums I had always meant to check out. So that was cool.

I tried to do that as well, but I've lost a lot of music over time. Then there's a lot of stuff I own on cassette and Vinyl that I haven't imported to my computer yet. I can't listen to the vinyls right now because my needle is broken and I'm too broke to buy a new one. The cassettes I actually can listen to cause I have a cassette player, but not many of them are on my top 50 list actually.

But the reason I've been listening to so many new albums lately is because I don't listen to enough albums. Far too many singles and the like, so a lot of stuff that I'm newly hearing I am easily falling in love with as well. Seeing stuff I've been missing out on all these years, ya know?

We can do another one of these in 5 years. Until then, just stick with what you've got and hand it in.

:crazy:

I still need to give Disintegration and Let It Bleed a few more listens. But I can't stop listening to Together Alone to do so.

As I said in another thread, there's nothing wrong with Together Alone. In fact, it makes my top 50. Yes, after 15 years I'm now loving it more than Woodface.

Both are making my list, but I've always been more attached to Let It Bleed.

Back
Top Bottom