Interference's Top 100 Albums of All Time - Results Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like the top 3 is right anyway and at this point the order is irrelevant.

I find it a strange thing that so many albums by certain bands are held to be the epitome of music for so long...you would think there would be a bit more variation in what people consider the best when there is so much good even great music out there.

Not that I don't consider The Beatles great or anything, just that so few people consider anything as equally good or even better in the past 40 years:shrug:It's a wonder.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure you did, but you gave it a 2 or something, and it wasn't cruel enough for me to use. :shrug:

Nope, just searched my profile for it and it's not there. Haven't rated or reviewed it yet.

I'll probably give it 1 or 1.5 stars.

I find it a strange thing that so many albums by certain bands are held to be the epitome of music for so long...you would think there would be a bit more variation in what people consider the best when there is so much good even great music out there.

Not that I don't consider The Beatles great or anything, just that so few people consider anything as equally good or even better in the past 40 years:shrug:It's a wonder.

I agree.

The power of mythos is frightening. As music fans, we have all heard so much made of The Beatles, Pink Floyd and others that we cannot help but be intrigued - myself included. The media has tremendous manipulative power.

#2 - U2 - The Joshua Tree

658d228348a0aee070361110.L.jpg

Pretty solid placing.....if it weren't for B'ohno being a douchebag anyway. LOZL

U2 is crap

U2 IS THE MOST OVER RATED BAND EVER. EVERYTHING THEY MAKES SOUNDS THE SAME. AND WTF THEIR GUITARIST IS CALLED "THE EDGE" - THAT IS THE DUMBEST SHIT I'VE EVER HEARD. IF YOU WANT GOOD MUSIC LISTEN TO SOME METALLICA, GUNS N'ROSES, STP, VELVET REVOLVER, VAN HALEN, NIRVANA, AEROSMITH, ZEPPELIN, KISS, MOTLEY CRUE, PEARL JAM, POISON, WOLFMOTHER, AUDIOSLAVE, RED HOT CHILI PEPPERS, IRON MAIDEN, GREEN DAY, WEEZER, JIMI HENDRIX, SEX PISTOLS, QUEEN, FOO FIGHTERS, QUEENS OF THE STONE AGE, BLINK 182, DAVID LEE ROTH, OZZY OSBOURNE, BLACK SABBATH, SUM 41, FALL OUT BOY, TOM PETTY, ROLLING STONES, BLACK CROWES, KORN, ALICE IN CHAINS, AFI, SMASHING PUMPKINS, THE USED, SOUNDGARDEN, TAKING BACK SUNDAY.

U2 SUCKS BALLS !! ... BIG ONES

Garbage from a truly horrid band. It all sounds the same like it was made electronically. Poor musicianship and full of pretense. For wanks only.

Arnold-Stop-Whining-sizdow.jpg

BONO - STOP WHINING !!!!

Edge- Play a different friggin' chord!!!!

Oh, how i hate this band. I hate the people who think this should be in the 1000, or even 5000. This should be in the top 5 of 'MOST OVERRATED ALBUMS EVER RECORDED'. This band also sold out the indie scene, in a way, and i can't take that. Not ever. AND Bono is such a selfish dick.

I heard Achtung Baby didn't even place and some Wham album is number one.

U2 IS THE MOST OVER RATED BAND EVER. EVERYTHING THEY MAKES SOUNDS THE SAME. AND WTF THEIR GUITARIST IS CALLED "THE EDGE" - THAT IS THE DUMBEST SHIT I'VE EVER HEARD. IF YOU WANT GOOD MUSIC LISTEN TO SOME METALLICA, GUNS N'ROSES, STP, VELVET REVOLVER, VAN HALEN, NIRVANA, AEROSMITH, ZEPPELIN, KISS, MOTLEY CRUE, PEARL JAM, POISON, WOLFMOTHER, AUDIOSLAVE, RED HOT CHILI PEPPERS, IRON MAIDEN, GREEN DAY, WEEZER, JIMI HENDRIX, SEX PISTOLS, QUEEN, FOO FIGHTERS, QUEENS OF THE STONE AGE, BLINK 182, DAVID LEE ROTH, OZZY OSBOURNE, BLACK SABBATH, SUM 41, FALL OUT BOY, TOM PETTY, ROLLING STONES, BLACK CROWES, KORN, ALICE IN CHAINS, AFI, SMASHING PUMPKINS, THE USED, SOUNDGARDEN, TAKING BACK SUNDAY.

What a trainwreck

The power of mythos is frightening. As music fans, we have all heard so much made of The Beatles, Pink Floyd and others that we cannot help but be intrigued - myself included. The media has tremendous manipulative power.

I also think it's partly that I spend so much time finding new music, which not everyone has the time to or will to even, so I expose myself to much more outside the influence of major media.

I mean I had Achtung as my number 2, but I had one band in my top 10 that I can guarantee almost no one in existence will have never heard of...may try to rectify that in the future here though (They're called The Open, now defunct, but two great albums).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom