Interference's Top 100 Albums of All Time - Results Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
#21 - Oasis - (What’s The Story?) Morning Glory

8bf3eb6709a0a3c696a32110.L.jpg

Great, great album, though I prefer Definitely Maybe.

it was good 13 years ago, but hasn't aged well. Boring.

This record is singlehandedly responsible for everything bad that has happened since 1995. I don't just mean in music; I mean in the entire world. This album is so bad I think it travelled back in time and also caused everything bad that happened before 1995. This album invented Hitler, Stalin, Zager, and Evans.

What I am saying is that I do not like this record very much.

This album is total shit and doesn't even deserve a full star. In fact the only reason i gave it half is because as much as i want to hate it, wonderwall is a good song.

Congrats on a milestone success on the charts but sorry guys, you aren't god's gift to pop music - and a long long way from being the '90s answer to the Beatles. Sure the Clash had the same arrogant attitude toward their peers but THEY earned their wings first. Oasis contributed NOTHING to pop music and should consider themselves lucky that so many people are stupid enough to buy their pretentious shit. At least Oasis has one redeeming quality ...as a sleep inducing agent.

Bollocks!! If you are under 13 years of age & your musical tastes have not yet developed then I guess its ok if you like this album.

In Rainbows narrowly missed my top 50. I can't remember if I put The Bends on it or not!

Wow, my memory is for shit. Either that, or I didn't spend as much time on my lists as a lot of you did. ;)

Morning Glory was the first album I ever fell in love with; Oasis were my favourite band and then they released Heathen Chemistry...

It's so laid back, too.

That album grew on me like no other album has.

I loved it a lot when I first heard it, then times with The Lady Friend pretty elevated it pretty high, then the concert was the absolute ceiling. Damn.

Oasis - 2
Blur - 0

That's just fucked up.

In so many ways.

Hey guys, I think "morning glory" may be a reference to a morning erection. Is this true, or am I just shooting blanks here?

For how young most people who participated are, I can't believe how much dinosaur music has been included.

Me too.

I hope no one takes this the wrong way, but I can't help wondering if there is some "this album should be on the list because it is considered great" rather than "this is one of my all-time favorite albums" going on in compiling the lists.

But if I'm wrong, then I guess the old classics of yore really are classics, and never die. :)

#20 - Radiohead - Kid A

51718f%2BUqAL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

Anybody here like Radiohead?

if there was an option to give it a 0, i'd go with that, but i'll settle for a 0.5

Why the fuck is this first for 2000?

This is a ridiculous disgrace. I tried really hard to like Radiohead, but they're horrible. They suck. Period. There is no talent here, it's just overly pretentious bullshit.

Fuck no. Utterly pathetic. What do people see in this!?

More like Kid Stupid.

I loved it a lot when I first heard it, then times with The Lady Friend pretty elevated it pretty high, then the concert was the absolute ceiling. Damn.

In so many ways.

Not a weak track on the album. Just consistent as anything.

I had Blur and Gorillaz' Demon Days on my list. The idea that Damon Albarn will not be represented on this list is disappointing.

Me too.

I hope no one takes this the wrong way, but I can't help wondering if there is some "this album should be on the list because it is considered great" rather than "this is one of my all-time favorite albums" going on in compiling the lists.

But if I'm wrong, then I guess the old classics of yore really are classics, and never die. :)

I took the "albums I like a lot" route, but do make historical significance a factor in my list-making.

Me too.

Yeah, I think that's a lot of the reason why my list is going to look hilarious next to some of these other ones...lots of my personal favorites, not so many "classics" necessarily.

OOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSIIIIIIIIIIIIISSSSSSSSSSSS

hell yes. this is rock and roll with a FUCK YOU and a swagger. and great songs. good work Interference.

Not a weak track on the album. Just consistent as anything.

I had Blur and Gorillaz' Demon Days on my list. The idea that Damon Albarn will not be represented on this list is disappointing.

Demon Days barely cracked the 50 for me. More Blur stuff would make my 100 though.

George Harrison's All Things Must Pass needs to be on here sometime.

I too was wondering this.

I have no problems with people liking whatever they like, old or new, I'm just surprised to see how many '60's and '70's items made the list considering age demographics here. That is all.

Yeah, I think that's a lot of the reason why my list is going to look hilarious next to some of these other ones...lots of my personal favorites, not so many "classics" necessarily.

Yeah, mine too.

I didn't want to take time to listen to albums I knew to be "classics" and felt like I should give them a listen, because if I'm just hearing it now, does it really deserve to be on my "favorites" list?

#19 - The Smiths - The Queen Is Dead

51ZYZS2FQ2L._SL500_AA240_.jpg

Fantastic record. Makes all of the stroking they receive here at interference appear justified.

Sorry, indie kids. For once in the history of the universe, the metal really is better than this.

What is this crap? I keep seeing comparisons of this with Disintegration by the Cure-Why?? Disintegration is a great cd-this sucks and its not anything like Disintegration.

Utter commercial crap

One of their worse record covers.

The lyrics are more clever-dick than affecting or funny, and you will also have to endure a truly appalling singing voice.

I hated Kid A from the moment I heard it (other than the opening track), but somewhere along the way, I've come to kind of dig it. I checked out a copy from the library last year and was amazed at how much I liked it.

Still can't get into OK Computer, though.

My list was just albums I love the most; I couldn't care less how important the album is. Being influential and bad, still makes the album bad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom