Interference's Top 100 Albums of All Time - Results Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's only the third Bowie album. It's not that bad. Zep has had five placements, the Stones four.

R.E.M.'s had 2 or 3? Dylan's had about 3, Bruce has had 3, U2 has had too many so far... and Kate Bush still got 1, goddamn it.

I put Ziggy, Hunky Dory, and Low on mine, kind of the populist choices there, son.

To tell the truth, I like Station to Station less than The Mel, Pfan, and less than surprisingly, The 'Ver, but it's still awesome.

I put Space Oddity, Hunky Dory and Ziggy. I never liked Low. Station to Station would probably be #4 for me.

I feel the same way about all the Bowie on this list as I do about all the Zepp.

I like Bowie, but jeez. Jeez, I say!

Seriously. I guess I'm old. I grew up on classic rock and it's great and all but...do you guys actually sit around listening to Led Zeppelin? I have most of their records. They're great. But I haven't listened to them in like 15 years. Same with Bowie.

Magical Mystery Tour showed up earlier, but yeah, they're all going to be at the top.

oh, that's right. I was very surprised to see Magical Mystery Tour on the list. It doesn't feel like much of an album to me - more like a bunch of singles slapped together with some filler.

Penny Lane and Strawberry Fields Forever were both singles, right? Or one single? and just later popped on the album?

I put Space Oddity, Hunky Dory and Ziggy. I never liked Low. Station to Station would probably be #4 for me.

Space Oddity's solid and I like it more and more upon each listen.

Not bad, not bad. I was thinking Billy Dee Williams for my potential pet.

There's also Lovefunk Jones to consider.

:lmao:

Hey man! Hounds Of Love deserved it! :drool:

Actually I'm even more happy that Little Earthquakes made it! :love:

If Hounds of Love was an actual hound, I wish it was shot... Old Yeller-style.

#26 The Doors - The Doors

fade7220eca011043a646010.L.jpg

The only good album The Doors ever made. w00t!

If Jim Morrison had been replaced by a singer/song writer with vocal chops and a sound mind this would be a ten star album.But little Jimmy is the lead singer-He stinks. A dull monotone singer who is proof a dull mind can't be expanded taking mind expanding drugs. The worst of the worst is "The End!" It is such drivel! They should put the lyrics and poetry of little Jimmy on toilet paper! The back up band is top notch! They should have had a better boss. Check out their spot on "Light My Fire".

The Doors are hands down the most overrated group in the history of rock.

Jim Morrison was a poet, just like Vanilla Ice.

No one over the age of 16 has any right to enjoy or even tolerate anything on this album. Possibly the most negatively influential group ever, although my rating is not based on that so much as on the fact that it sucks.

Let put things straight, I hate the Doors. I was offered this album years ago, never listened to it, because I knew perfectly what was on it. About everybody around me just loved the Doors, not me, sorry. Though it's true that lyrics are brilliant (that's why I just gave a 1), but if we're talking about Rock'n'Roll and not poetry, then I dislike all the rest. Their music, to me, is like bad and sad circus music, very boring (just listen the one and only bassline Manzarek can do with his keyboard all along this LP). These guys showed the way to ugly prog-rock, thank god the Stooges destroyed all this for a while.

No Bowie albums made my list. He failed the death growl criteria.

oh, that's right. I was very surprised to see Magical Mystery Tour on the list. It doesn't feel like much of an album to me - more like a bunch of singles slapped together with some filler.

Penny Lane and Strawberry Fields Forever were both singles, right? Or one single? and just later popped on the album?

Magical Mystery Tour was just an EP in the UK with "I Am the Walrus," "Fool on the Hill," and some other tracks, then for the US release, it was a full album with "Strawberry Fields..." and "Penny Lane" (which were only singles in the UK) included.

They were released as a double-A side single, then were put on the album later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom