Interference's Top 100 Albums of All Time - Results Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am SHOCKED and APPALLED that one of the albums that invented music is merely at #31.

Thank Christ Rush of Blood barely missed cracking the Top 30.

Thom and I share the same expression right now.

thom-yorke-rankin.jpg

I'll be seeing you soon, pal.

Last edited:
I finally met a guy in school the other day with remarkably similar musical tastes to my own. We talked about music a lot as we were going on this field trip to Jersey.

And then he dropped the bomb: his favorite band (tied with Bowie)? Coldplay.

"Chris Martin's just such an unbelievably good vocalist," he said.

Coldplay's average, in my opinion, and Chris Martin is below average.

I finally met a guy in school the other day with remarkably similar musical tastes to my own. We talked about music a lot as we were going on this field trip to Jersey.

And then he dropped the bomb: his favorite band (tied with Bowie)? Coldplay.

"Chris Martin's just such an unbelievably good vocalist," he said.

Coldplay's average, in my opinion, and Chris Martin is below average.

That's like finding a hot girl while avoiding Plain Coldplay Girl, then finding out that she has a dong.

Speaking of egomaniacs...

#30 - Prince - Purple Rain

08c7a2c008a00ce53d7ea010.L.jpg

Of course, this one actually has musical talent.

This album annoyed the fuck out of me all throught 80's. I couldn't go to a high school dance without hearing this shite for four years straight.

If you like high school dance music this one is for you.

BTW, I'm so sick of hearing how "great" of guitar player Prince is. If he's so great why isn't there any guitar in the mix?

I know nothing about him except what I see on the media. I don't know the background or exact history of the time, therefore I will rate this album on what I hear. It sucks. It is white noise to me. I'm astonished at how this got to be anything more than a circular piece of vinyl. He is a good guitarist though, that's all he has going for him.

80s music has a tendency to scare me. Something about the cornball production or over the top synth sends a shiver down my back. Now, that doesn't mean Purple Rain is without merit, but it represents to me everything that was bad about the 80s. I mean, it's not like i was around in the 80s to make such a judgment, but this is the type of stuff that was so widespread in the 90s.

_Purple Rain_ is slow, and the complexities of the song only work if you buy into the whole package. This could be an album that grow on me with repeated listens, but I'll never know because I won't subject my ears to that experience twice!

Vastly over rated. Has one good song...purple rain and thats it.

So overrated it hurts.

I think Chris Martin is an average singer at best. His falsetto is .... less than pleasing to the ears. But even in his regular range, he's just okay.

After that snoozefest of The Wall, Bob Dylan, and the Flaming Lips, Interference mildly redeems itself by being the only forum that would actually put Pop in its top forty albums of all time.

I don't agree with you on The Wall but that underlined portion is hilarious and so true!

Pop and ATYCLB making the Top 50 at all is flat-out ridiculous, but what else can you expect on a U2 forum? Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Haha I have to agree somewhat. I think I only included AB & JT from U2. There is just too much competition from other music to include anything more... in my humblest of opinions.

My 16-year-old brother loves "Fix You" because it appeared in a scene in You, Me, and Dupree.

Try that one on for size.

You've got an epic fail on the musical end, and a mild fail on the movie end, which comes to a total of 1 and a half fails... so you're brother's at least doing something right.

#29 - Bob Dylan - Highway 61 Revisited

51D2YM12PDL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

Not going to complain at all that he's here again. I love this album x1,000. Just missed my top 50.

How does it feel to have some cavedwelling sourpuss whining at you like Fran Drescher in a third-rate sitcom? I don't like it, no sir. Judas here swaggers like he don't know the humble souls what picked him up and carried him on their shoulders to this stage. Mysticism out of burlap and sterno. This poet who's too hip to be called a poet, let's refer to him as a wiry amoeba, brims with chauvinism, as well as the elitist view that anyone who is not climbing the ladder of success only has themselves to blame -- couldn't be anything more going on (why is oil listed on the stock exchange again?).

Dylweed throws out meaningless riddles like, "the commander-in-chief answers him while chasing a fly" and "the sun's not yellow, it's chicken," and then tosses in an angry retort to people who wonder what's his deal. He's like a Forrest Gump starvation artist who convinces some Hindus to join his hunger strike and then, 60 days in, says, "I'm done starving, you're on your own," and splits, no one the wiser to what the protest had been all about. Cue party whistles.

Well, you sold your Packard to get this far, so now you're out here on this vacant stretch of road, sandwiched between an abandoned gin mill and a cemetery, wondering how this Edgar Allan Poe of ragtime revisionism swindled you with his self-righteous ramblings.

it's not bright eyes

'Like a Rolling' is OK for a overplayed radio classic but this album is not the monument the ratings on this site are making it out to be. I just don't get Bob's lyrics. I don't think they are suppose to make any sense. I talk more sense than Bob after drinking a 24 of Corona.

pedestrian folk music not for me

Unpopular Musical Opinions:

Coldplay > Prince.

And Coldplay are dull as all hell.

You've got an epic fail on the musical end, and a mild fail on the movie end, which comes to a total of 1 and a half fails... so you're brother's at least doing something right.

His five favorite films are that, Wedding Crashers, Miracle, Old School, and Employee of the Month.

And the only U2 song he likes is "Vertigo."

His five favorite films are that, Wedding Crashers, Miracle, Old School, and Employee of the Month.

And the only U2 song he likes is "Vertigo."

2 out of 5 ain't bad, I guess.

You should get Al Neri to take him fishing some time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom