Interference's Top 100 Albums of All Time - Results Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
#37 - Led Zeppelin - Physical Graffiti

9bfc1363ada08ca0fbc2d010.L.jpg

Not a bad album at all. Unfortunately, there aren't enough songs for it to be truly freewheeling, and the first disc sounds just like every other Zeppelin album. No trails blazed there. Still, it's peak Zeppelin, and I enjoy most of the songs.

"Kashmir" is this album's "Stairway to Heaven"

And yes, that means it sucks too.

Nice cover art. Kashmir is a classic. That makes what ? Say 1.5 ?

Led Zepperlin at their worst. Bloated and boring. Better editing (Cut 5 songs and most of the other songs in half) and it would rank down there with Presence. Bron-Yr-Aur is the most interesting things here. Kashmir alone justified the punks' derision.

There are two good songs on this bloated monstrosity.

I don't get this one. Many claim this to be their best effort, but to me, it's just a double album full of cock rock filler. I've never been a fan of Robert Plant's voice, but I can at least accept that he sung with some power on the previous records. This one is a pretty pathetic effort if you ask me.

Interference ranks the Rolling Stones:

1. Sticky Fingers
2. Let It Bleed
3. Beggars Banquet
4. Exile on Main St.

Just shift Sticky to 4 and I agree completely.

I am expecting "Rush of Blood to the Head" to come in at #1, followed by "Funeral." :wink:

Christ.

I like both albums actually, especially Funeral... even if I'm in the minority that favors Neon Bible.

When Viva came out, I went through this "Hey, maybe Coldplay doesn't truly suck" phase, but in retrospect, they don't suck, they're just painfully average. They're like the plain girl who everyone inexplicably thinks is hot and think you're crazy for not seeing it.

I like both albums actually, especially Funeral... even if I'm in the minority that favors Neon Bible.

When Viva came out, I went through this "Hey, maybe Coldplay doesn't truly suck" phase, but in retrospect, they don't suck, they're just painfully average. They're like the plain girl who everyone inexplicably thinks is hot and think you're crazy for not seeing it.

That is exactly what Coldplay is.

And Funeral deserves a good spot, it's a great album.

I am expecting "Rush of Blood to the Head" to come in at #1, followed by "Funeral." :wink:

Coldplay have less albums than U2 and the Beatles for people to split their votes between. Therefore, all of their albums will be in the top five. It's only fitting, since Chris Martin invented music.

#36 - The Flaming Lips - Yoshimi Battles The Pink Robots

048f7220eca0eaa9b69e1010.L.jpg

Good tunes, intriguing concept. Nice choice.

The lead track has the line 'Do you realize that everyone you know someday will die''. Well, as a matter of fact, yes I do you depressing motherfuckers. The idea is to try and have a good time while you're here. The rest of the album is the same kind of drivel, which some people pass off as ''Unique'' and ''Innovative''. Not me.

I loved this at university when it was first released, but its cloying sentimentality has since got to me. It's just so insufferably dull...

A complete let down after the last one.

'Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots' is so pretentious and stupid it makes my skin crawl.

Good for people who like crap like Beck & Bjork.

FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK
FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK
FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK

FUCK.

FUCK.

FUCK.

Do I have your attention now? Good.

Fuck this album.

It's just as simple as that. Fuck it. You don't need it. Coz just out of eyeline exists a plethora of the best albums ever recorded. For nearly a decade the Lips were among the best bands in the world, if not 'thee' best band. But this ain't about stats, and never was. Not with those Lips.

Those Lips would've sneered in the face of their millenial counterparts. Their answer to the hypnotic - and not good Fall hypnotic, the kind of hypnotic that the Third Reich love love loves - "DO You Realize??" would've been the simpler, surrealer and much better "Gingerale Afternoon".

See, the Lips sold out in its fullest definition here. They left behind those good tunes that didn't give 'em acclaim in either sense (although Prindle got them, handing those three mid-90's masterpieces their due) for shitty computer pop, or whatthefuck you may call it.

And its actually (well, almost) painful to hear it. Its so fucking refined and watered down, so fucking slick. Indie America eats it up, sure. Critics may enjoy it (who cares). But it lacks...fuck it, it lacks soul. Thats what those early releases had. The Lips were given zero expectations and dutifully gave us the musical equivalent of a two out RBI double. Unfortunatley, they played for the Royals. I know, I hate baseball analogies too.

To lay it out bluntly (no pun intended...dig??), hearing this album in the wake of those greats just compounds the fact that, well, it sucks. Simple enough. No heart and too much seriousness. Seriousness in a bad way. Superserious. Fuck that.

Why would you even want this album when you could have that little breakdown at the end of "Moth In the Incubator"? Or Coyne figuiring out the weirdness while perpetuating it? Or RONALD JONES??????? You don't have to choose, but the choice becomes clear when you hear those. Dig? Dig??

Its not there fault, really. You'd be enticed by the money, too. And the awards, Gawd the awards!!! But for anyone who's worth a damn it was just a letdown.

Who knows? Maybe the Lips are playing all of us. Maybe they know that its shit too but just wanna prove that Pitchfork will eat it up the way they did with all those other shitty synth-pop bands. Then they deliver a proper follow up to Clouds Taste Metallic.

And with that note I'd be more than happy to get anyone who asks some early Lips albums. You deserve it after being fed this NPR mass-produced bullshit. Still love you wayne!

Coldplay have less albums than U2 and the Beatles for people to split their votes between. Therefore, all of their albums will be in the top five. It's only fitting, since Chris Martin invented music.

But first he invented the piano.

#35 - David Bowie - Low

92df024128a00e2481bac010.L.jpg

No arguments here. Insanely influential, cerebral, thrilling music that just gets better with age.

i dont like this album the music is weird david bowie is my fave singner but i dont think that he should ve done this album sure he can mess around with synthersysers but the album dosent work

I really wish I could love this record, but I just can't. I had a big expectations about this. The album cover is cool and I like Bowie, but damn this album is boring. It's praised as one of his all time classics and I really can't see why. Most of the songs are instrumentals and they sound like a film music. This record is trying to be way too artistic. Experimental art rock with lots of ambient could be the genre of this record. I just can't understand this album. Maybe too artistic for me. Bowie can play many instruments and he plays them fine. He plays guitar, pump bass, saxophones, xylophones, vibraphones, harmonica and many other instruments in this record, but I can't see the point of this album.

If you want to get sleep really fast, Low is a perfect choice. A disappointment.

I sat down and listened to all the songs from this album and I have to say that each and every song bored me, sorry to say. This album is not like his classics which are The Man Who Sold the World, Hunky Dory, The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders From Mars, Aladdin Sane, this album "Low" is literally low.

A bit too artsy-fartsy for my tastes. Has it's moments such as 'Be my Wife' and 'Sound and Vision', but a lot of the sound-scapes sound like recording engineers testing out new equipment.....and taking lots of drugs...

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!

:calm:

:uhoh:

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWW!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom