Interference's Top 100 Albums of All Time - Results Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I love "the worst album I own" as a criticism. So either you like it enough to keep it (in which case, shut up), or you just can't bear to part with even the albums you hate.

or, as in the case with one of the worst albums I own, it's so bad the used CD store won't take it and I can't bring myself to toss The Boss' wife in the garbage can. :silent:

Wow, caught this kind of late. I was tallying up the list, but I see my colleague Pfan beat me to it.

I'll have to confer with my list and make the appropriate Kate Bush jokes. I'll be back shortly.

#39 - Pink Floyd- The Wall

41S86019Z6L._SL500_AA240_.jpg

Not my favorite Floyd album, but hey, the production is great, and the plot is very good.

OK OK I'm not a kid see I was 1 years old when the piper hit the streets, but my mind has always been overdeveloped.

And I know BADDD!!! music when I smell it: Pink void, eric clapton, Bruise springsteen, all weiner music it is.

Hubbard S. Hubbard

Aw, come on, people! This has to be THE most overblown, all-around unlistenable album ever released, not to mention ballyhooed and blathered on about by clueless rock critics everywhere and bought by who knows how many millions of people! Pink Floyd's formula - snail-paced epics, long guitar solos, pseudo-profound nonsense lyrics - cloys after 10 minutes; did anyone actually sit all the way through ANIMALS, and now THE WALL? Maybe I'm missing something. How can I go against the grain like this when the songs ('Comfortably Numb,' 'Part 2') are undeniably staples of classic rock radio? At any rate, in the thick of it I'll stick to my convictions: I didn't like FORREST GUMP and I don't like Everclear and I don't like THE WALL!

IM ROGER WATERS AND IM A WANKER!

pink floyd post-piper is always a spotty enterprise but this is almost entirely arseshat

or, as in the case with one of the worst albums I own, it's so bad the used CD store won't take it and I can't bring myself to toss The Boss' wife in the garbage can. :silent:

I'll steal it from you in the middle of the night and break in into millions of little pieces if you'd like

:glaresatpatti:

What the hell, people. How did ATYCLB make the list. HOW DID IT PLACE HIGHER THAN WAR.

Nice to see Crowded House made it, though.

Wow, caught this kind of late. I was tallying up the list, but I see my colleague Pfan beat me to it.

I'll have to confer with my list and make the appropriate Kate Bush jokes. I'll be back shortly.

Are you also going to have some cheese doodles?

And I know BADDD!!! music when I smell it: Pink void, eric clapton, Bruise springsteen...

Oh, come on. Even I could come up with Eric CRAPTON to fit in with the rest of those shitty puns.

The Wall sucks.

I would have laughed if my epinions article on The Wall was one of the criticisms listed.

So far

Let It Bleed
Doolittle
Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
Beggars Banquet
The Wild, the Innocent, & the E Street Shuffle
Neon Bible
White Light / White Heat
What's Going On
Hunky Dory
Out of Time
Velvet Underground and Nico
Bookends
Thriller

off of my list have made it... most centered in the 15-30 range. Hope the top ones make it.

Damn, I did get Joyful'd. For the record, I do like Jeff Buckley AND Cheese Doodles.

The Wall making it above Meddle sucks, but that's just how it is, I guess.

And Kate Bush, what can I say? She truly embodies the feminine mystique:

Kate_Bush4.jpg

Her looking like Sicy here is just a bonus.

#38 - The Rolling Stones - Sticky Fingers

8ad5729fd7a09c4a3d66e010.L.jpg

This is the last Rolling Stones album here, I swear.

Besides "Brown Sugar" and "Bitch", this album is absolutely lifeless, full of self-indulgent material and forgettable ballads. "Can't You Hear Me Knocking" catches the Stones trying to play generic hard rock while pretending to be Santana. What a load of garbage.

If art could talk, Joe Dallesandro's abs (The Smiths) would probably tell a better story than his crotch (Sticky Fingers), even if the Rolling Stones do a much better job at exploiting sex in a way that wasn't too edgy for the Seventies. But where rock is concerned, there will be chicks: if Mick Jagger wants to reel in the purdy Marianne Faithfuls with his sensitive-guy musical-hubris ("Wild Horses") or find another excuse to get on the dancefloor ("Bitch") with a ugly honky tonk chick like Janis Joplin, he should, that's one of the perks in the genre. It's rock-n-roll! (yes, gross, I know) at its tightest; before the listener ponders the misogynistic message behind "Brown Sugar," dancing in the nearest sweaty cobweb-infested barnyard is simply a funner choice. When they reach down to the catastrophic lows that plague "classic rock," remember that the Stones really are a gospel band under the painfully stupid exteriors they've come to embrace as geezers, which only makes it funnier when they jump into sex-overdrive.

Monotonous.Dull.Uninspiring.Unadventurous. What this CD needs is stuff the calibre of All You Need Is Love or Uncle Albert/Admiral Halsey.Stuff that sparkles and shimmers. The songs here are just pseudo junky nonsense. More imagination is needed here.If you want halfway decent stones try Hot Rocks which has all the stuff youll ever need.The best of their poppy material such as jumpin jack satisfaction and paint it black.This is as good as they got.Try Imagine or All Things Must Pass instead.

I think The Rolling Stones is more for losers as GNR are the best. Brown Sugar is awful so stay away. Buy Use Your Illusion GNR insted.

I'm glad the 4 best Stones albums got represented here, although I wish Let It Bleed made it a little bit higher. I honestly cannot get enough of that album.

I can't wait to see how high Coldplay gets on here... hopefully the Radiohead/Beatles/Dylan love here will negate that.

Interference ranks the Rolling Stones:

1. Sticky Fingers
2. Let It Bleed
3. Beggars Banquet
4. Exile on Main St.

I did not have a single Coldplay album in my top fifty, despite having three of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom