Interference's Top 100 Albums of All Time - Results Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:hmm: I think I had two from each, but I have a feeling that we're going to see an overload of both, especially Radiohead, who I love a couple albums from, but not nearly most or even all of their albums are great to me.

None from Radiohead, one from the Beatles.

I still don't get Radiohead. I'm slowly trying though.

None from Radiohead, one from the Beatles.

I still don't get Radiohead. I'm slowly trying though.

I finally got OK Computer last year, and I love The Bends, but that's pretty much it. I like a couple songs off Kid A, and some of In Rainbows. Can't stand most of Amnesiac or Hail to The Thief or Pablo Honey. :lol:

#42 - Pearl Jam - Ten

617W9ZTJGBL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

I honestly prefer Vitalogy. But I love that this is above Nevermind so, so very much. :up:

One of the worst albums ever made. I'd rather attach calipers to my genitals and electrocute myself to death than sit through 'Jeremy' one more fucking time.

Stale guitars, listless song structures, excrutiatingly static and insipid vocals.

I haven't heard such boring uninspired and predictable record for the longest time.Also the singer made me feel suicidal.I must cleanse myself with some proper music

the second wave of all that over-produced, annoying vocals, shitty ass drumming, corporate rock n' roll. this first began with "more than a feeling".

Well, I've had this one for quite some time, but I always sort of put it off. I'd get new music, and then my conscience would say, "Hey Mik! You still haven't listened to that Pearl Jam album!" And I sort of batted it away thinking, "I know I'm not going to like Pearl Jam. I don't know why, I don't know how, but I just won't like them."

And I was right all along.

I guess along with Nirvana, these guys formed the basis of the grunge explosion, which just goes to show you that the term grunge means absolutely nothing. Pearl Jam doesn't sound a bit like Nirvana. Nirvana is your basic punk band, but with extra angst, while Pearl Jam is pretty much a boring as hell, Bad Company-esque classic rock band----with extra angst. See a pattern here? Apparently the formula for grunge is as follows:

Late 80s/Early 90s + Seattle + Angst = Grunge

The thing about this I hate is that it's just so...bad. It's full of hookless melodies, and extended guitar solos by a guitarist with terrible tone. Everything about this album has bad tone, and I just hate the whole feel of it. The sound is murky and echoey at the same time, so you pretty much know Pearl Jam recorded this with the mindset that they'd be selling out huge stadiums, and that's exactly what this is; overblown stadium rock.

"Alive" was the best song on here, and it wasn't that good. You would think that being a guy from Seattle, I would have been born listening to Pearl Jam and that'd I'd worship them, but that wasn't the case. And also, the drummer on this album, Dave Krusen, lives in my cousin's old house, but that still doesn't make me like this anymore.

Pearl Jam makes me hate rock.

I have both yankee hotel and sky blue sky and have tried listening to them over and over again but something doesn't gell with me...

You should have talked to me before buying Sky Blue Sky which is the worst ever Wilco record imo. Lately I'm thinking Summerteeth is the way to go. But, they're one of those bands...you either love 'em or hate 'em. Not much in-between

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom