Interference's Top 100 Albums of All Time - Results Thread - Page 7 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Just the Bang and the Clatter
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 11-20-2008, 01:06 PM   #91
The Male

Local Time: 11:30 AM
#75 - David Bowie - Hunky Dory

In 1971, they said "Hey, are you going to dress up like a woman for every cover from now on? Because an attractive female model is financially reasonable." In 2008, they say...

Quote:
Bowie is so overrated it's ridiculous; warbly crooning poundshop showtunes a 10-year-old could've written does not make a great musician.
This hack is definitely not on the same level as Porter, Mercer or Gershwin. More in the league of George Michael, Noel Gallagher and Chris Martin.(*barf*)
Quote:
If you already have Bowie's "Best Of" double-album, then you already have the only 3 good songs from this album ("Changes", "Oh, You Pretty Things", and "Life on Mars"). The rest of this album is incredibly vapid and uninspired; I feel kinda like I bought an art book because there was some Dali in it, and the rest of the art turned out to be Thomas Kincaid.

Now.
Old 11-20-2008, 01:07 PM   #92
Blue Crack Distributor

Really? Hunky Dory?

Old 11-20-2008, 01:08 PM   #93
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 09:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonMelon View Post
#81 - Michael Jackson - Thriller

I use this album to scare stray animals out of my neighborhood.

I like the list so far. Yay Kate Bush.
Old 11-20-2008, 01:10 PM   #94
Breakdancing Soul Pilgrim

Local Time: 02:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bono_212 View Post
Really? Hunky Dory?

Hunky Dory is awesome.
Old 11-20-2008, 01:11 PM   #95
The Male

#74 - The Velvet Underground - The Velvet Underground & Nico

It sounds like shit, but it influenced everyone who bought it. How many is that, 10 people?

Quote:
I am absolutely shocked at how utterly horrendous this much-loved album is in every way. Even the cover art is incomprehensibly bad.
Quote:
I am too underground for this mainstream shit. "Baa baa" you sheeple.
Quote:
it's not bright eyes
Quote:
These guys could barely play their instruments competently, and Lou Reed sings like a dead cow. It's music like this, and that of the Stooges, the Sex Pistols, and some other no-talent artists, that led to me losing interest in most any music made after the early 1980s.
Quote:
Meh. It's no big deal.

Just seeing it ranked higher than Sgt. Pepper makes me laugh at all the maroons who only gave Sgt. Pepper a lousy score so these posers could be # 1. Seriously look at some of the goons who gave this a 5 star rating then check their rating for Pepper. Freakin idiots.

And Nico b-l-o-w-s

Now.
Old 11-20-2008, 01:12 PM   #96
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
it's not bright eyes
lol, again? Same guy I take it?
Old 11-20-2008, 01:12 PM   #97
Blue Crack Distributor

Oh that reminds me, Elmel, i listened to TVU&N. It kinda was awful
Old 11-20-2008, 01:16 PM   #98
The Male

#73 - Jimi Hendrix Experience - Are You Experienced?

My favorite Jimi Hendrix record, and I'm not afraid to admit it. The tunes are undeniable, the production is brilliantly unstable, and the guitars must have frightened people in 1967...like Back To The Future, or something.

Quote:
Guitar hero? More like guitar ZERO!, November 8, 2008

Words cannot describe my intense dislike for Jimi's guitar "skills". This guy is a HACK. All songs sound exactly the same, the drummer is weak, does the bassist even exist? Listen to some REAL music that actually requires talent- like Nickelback!
Quote:
I first picked this album up because I heard Hendrix played some heavy, rockin music. But all this album is is a bunch of blues tunes that go nowhere. His solos are just a bunch of noise and his sound is dated, unlike good bands like Great White and Skid Row. Not recommended for fans of good heavy metal.
Quote:
Jimi Hendrix 1967 Are You Experienced

BEATS 2.5
GOOD 2/11
Are You Experienced
Fire

Jimi Hendrix (JH) is a rock singer/guitarist from Seattle. This is JH’s 1st solo studio album, & 1st that I’ve reviewed.

VOCALS JH is a decent singer.

I recommend skipping this, & instead listening to Pearl Jam 1993 Vs.

Now.
Old 11-20-2008, 01:17 PM   #99
The Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by elevated_u2_fan View Post
lol, again? Same guy I take it?

Oh man, the Jimi Hendrix reviews are great. You couldn't write this stuff if you tried. Candid is the way to go.

Now.
Old 11-20-2008, 01:17 PM   #100
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
His solos are just a bunch of noise and his sound is dated, unlike good bands like Great White and Skid Row. Not recommended for fans of good heavy metal.
holy shit
Old 11-20-2008, 01:20 PM   #101
The Male

#72 - The Verve - Urban Hymns

Meh. I prefer the early stuff.

Quote:
If you like your music dull, bland, mediocre and lifeless i recommend you head straight for this little gem! This makes sitting in a dentists waiting room feel like your first ecstasy pill at at an illegal rave.
If your the kind of person who wears beige woolly jumpers with army green jumbo corduroy trousers and brown hush puppy shoes then this is definitley right down your street.
If this album was a meal it would be Boiled potatoes and broad beans. If the drugs don't work its probably because this album is playing which is enough to make even the most severe of acid trips sober you down to feeling like a wednesday afternoon in a suburban library.
Richard Ashcroft is rightfully hailed as a genius for i can think of no other person brave enough to release a collection of such mediocre humdrum.
Its a sad time for the music industry knowing they are no longer with us. They will be a hard act to replace but Travis are trying their best!!!
Quote:
Terrible. An over-hyped, overproduced culmination of banality.

Quote:
1 decent song + 11 fillers, February 20, 1999

I miss the old days, when you could buy a 45 single for about $1 or so. With 45's, you could buy a hit song for not much money, then flip it over and listen to the flip side, which usually was a lesser album track, or maybe a minor experiment by the band. You could then decide whether buying the album would be worth it. The initial outlay was only a buck, you got the song you wanted, and if you didn't like the flip side, it was no big loss.

Now, today, you pretty much have to buy a full album to get the song you want. Oh, sure, there are CD singles, but they cost -- what -- about 6 to 8 dollars? At that price, you're better off buying the full album for a few bucks more. And the recording industry knows that.

The Verve is a band that have benefited from today's limiting way of buying music. If something akin to cheap 45's still existed, they'd probably be one-hit wonders. Everybody would buy Bittersweet Symphony and forget about buying the full album. Because that's basically all that is *worth* buying from this band. The rest is major filler. Unfortunately, you see too many bands nowadays that get away with doing this. I figure that the recording industry doesn't really care. "It doesn't matter whether a band is only good for one or two songs, because the poor suckers will have to buy the full album to get those songs anyway! Bwahahaha!"
I love how that last review is even more pointless since it was written before iTunes.

Now.
Old 11-20-2008, 01:20 PM   #102
Blue Crack Addict

Location: Omaha, Nebraska “With Screwtape on Kettle Drum and Wormwood on Harpsichord!”
"Listen to some REAL music that actually requires talent- like Nickelback!"
Old 11-20-2008, 01:21 PM   #103
Blue Crack Distributor

like Nickelback!
Old 11-20-2008, 01:21 PM   #104
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 09:30 PM
Holy Crap! Experienced made only #73??? I expected Top 20 at least if not Top 10!
Old 11-20-2008, 01:22 PM   #105
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Screwtape2 View Post
"Listen to some REAL music that actually requires talent- like Nickelback!"
oh snap! I didn't even see that