Interference's Top 100 Albums of All Time - Results Thread - Page 61 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Just the Bang and the Clatter
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 11-20-2008, 07:37 PM   #901
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 03:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonMelon View Post
#9 - The Beatles - Revolver

Irishteen made three alters to get this album up here.
Nicely played LM

Quote:
Originally Posted by u2popmofo View Post
They certainly have gotten huge faster than even they probably would have liked, but they're still pretty much no names for your average person. Regardless, they are an indie band, Merge honestly didn't even push them at first, you seriously could NOT find the album anywhere when it was released in 2004. Love or hate em, Pitchfork completely made Arcade Fire.
Not here at all, here they're seriously insanely popular. Neon Bible spent forever in the charts, Intervention was a massive single and mainstream radio played it so so much. It makes no sense but Arcade Fire are so mainstream here and it wasn't Pitchfork that made them. It was a performance at a festival that every newspaper has been talking about for like 3-4 years

Old 11-20-2008, 07:37 PM   #902
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 09:39 AM
Quote:

That all said, it still saddens me to think this is going to be the most highly rated indie album on the list, when I could name numerous indie albums from just the last 8 years that didn't even make the 100 list that are far more impressive, enjoyable, important.

Old 11-20-2008, 07:38 PM   #903
The Male

Local Time: 06:39 AM
#8 - Led Zeppelin - IV

The one with Stairway To Heaven on it.

Quote:
*Yawn* This album is predictable and boring. The first opening 3 minutes of When The Levee Breaks is just stunning though. Easily the highest point in Zeppelins plagiaristic overrated career.
Quote:
I am absolutely sick of hearing Stairway to Heaven and When the Levee Breaks... so overplayed. And I never really liked them to begin with. Too boring.
Quote:
Here's what to do if you get bad service in a dinner.

Before you leave, put dollar in the jukebox and select Stairway To Heaven 3 times.
Quote:
Plant must be the worst singer ever!
Quote:
Kind of epitomizes everything I hate about music, the suburbs, and white men over 40.

Now.
Old 11-20-2008, 07:38 PM   #904
Blue Crack Addict

Moar Zeppelin?!?
Old 11-20-2008, 07:39 PM   #905
Blue Crack Distributor

Old 11-20-2008, 07:39 PM   #906
Blue Crack Addict

Location: Omaha, Nebraska “With Screwtape on Kettle Drum and Wormwood on Harpsichord!”
Houses of The Holy and Zep 2 run circles around 4.
Old 11-20-2008, 07:40 PM   #907
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by joyfulgirl View Post
I would have put The Shins way higher than Arcade Fire, for example...and I like Arcade Fire.

I had two Shins albums and no Arcade Fire albums.
Old 11-20-2008, 07:40 PM   #908
Blue Meth Addict

Local Time: 08:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishteen View Post

Not here at all, here they're seriously insanely popular. Neon Bible spent forever in the charts, Intervention was a massive single and mainstream radio played it so so much. It makes no sense but Arcade Fire are so mainstream here and it wasn't Pitchfork that made them. It was a performance at a festival that every newspaper has been talking about for like 3-4 years
Look at your timelines. They WOULDN'T have even had the album sold in stores in Ireland or performed at ANY festival had their Pitchfork lovefest not happened.
Old 11-20-2008, 07:41 PM   #909
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Look at your timelines. They WOULDN'T have even had the album sold in stores in Ireland or performed at ANY festival had their Pitchfork lovefest not happened.
It still surprises me that anyone actually takes a pitchfork review seriously...

I've never even heard of Pitchfork off the internet...seriously, it's not as big here as it is over there
Old 11-20-2008, 07:41 PM   #910
The Male

#7 - U2 - The Unforgettable Fire

The REAL opiate of the masses.

Quote:
What's the point of hiring Brian Eno to produce your record if you keep doing the same old tired meat'n'potatoes "rawk"? (Okay, so Eno gets his head on "Elvis Presley And America". Uh-oh.)
Quote:
Ironically, the album is pretty much forgettable. It's not all that bad it's just that U2 are one of the most overrated bands around, and even though this was produced by Brian Eno, this release doesn't really do much for me. The most recognisable track is Pride (In The Name Of Love) which you often hear when turning on the radio, and it's alright but defiantly no classic. Vocally, Bono is weak in a few places and I just found this a bit bland – there’s much better doing the rounds than this.
Quote:
I can't even get past the first song.
Listening to it felt like drowning very slowly in a swamp.
I just had to get out.
Quote:
Brian Eno's production here is both a good and bad thing: on the one hand, he releases their more experimental side, allowing the band to construct interesting aural experiments that are definitely an antidote to their God-bothering bore October. On the other hand, U2 the post-punk band were far more focused and disciplined; here, songs can tend towards freeform avant-garde jams, and, despite what pretentious people may claim, nobody really enjoys freeform avant-garde jams. Pretentious people are liars.
Quote:
I don´t like U2 at all.. It´s just a teenage phenomenom. And this album is pretty boooooooring, but there is something good, too. Some of those songs have some potential, like the opener, "A Sort of Homecoming". And another enjoyable thing is Bono´s great vocal performances. I´m ashamed for admitting that but it´s true.

After all, this album doesn´t give anything special. Few good sounds and so on... Sounds like average album to me. Not shit but not good either. U2 will always be pretty lame band for me.

For teens, this is a dream come true.

Now.
Old 11-20-2008, 07:42 PM   #911
Blue Crack Addict

Zeddy Leppelin!

This list better be over before my Selma Blair show starts. And we've got The Office and 30 Rock comin up after that. helllllllllz yeah. i love television.
Old 11-20-2008, 07:42 PM   #912
Blue Crack Distributor

Old 11-20-2008, 07:42 PM   #913
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 01:39 AM
GO TUF!

clf

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 11-20-2008, 07:42 PM   #914
Blue Crack Addict

who the fuck is U2? seriously?
Old 11-20-2008, 07:42 PM   #915
Blue Crack Addict

This list can only go down hill from here