Interference's Top 100 Albums of All Time - Results Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You done good. :bow: :hug:

:hug: Thanks. I'm still pissed about the mistake because I'm a perfectionist, but let's face it, this thread was just for fun...to make the unveiling more interesting...but it's the Listmania! thread that people will use as a reference point, and that is correct, so it's all good.

:hug: Thanks. I'm still pissed about the mistake because I'm a perfectionist, but let's face it, this thread was just for fun...to make the unveiling more interesting...but it's the Listmania! thread that people will use as a reference point, and that is correct, so it's all good.

You did a crack-up job, son. Wish I could've been here more of the time. I'm sure some vehemently disagree, ie: Coldplay and Kate Bush fans.

Hey, that was good times.

I know everyone's moved on, and there's a new thread, but I wanted to say this in regards to the earlier comments about so much "classic" rock vs "new" music on the list.

I think we have to consider the age range of the people here - even the old, "classic" albums are new to someone, you know? If they seek it out and they love it, that's awesome.

But yeah, I'm still surprised there was so much of it on the final list.

Great job, ElMel! Thanks for doing this. :)

I had a final exam today from 3:15 to 5:15(last one, the quarter is finished now, woohoo!)...I was studying before and I didn't even start reading this thread until 6:15PM when I got home. Save for an interruption for dinner, I've spent my time since then reading every single post in this thread(save for some of the reviews).

Classic thread :)

Abbey Road should have been #1.

And guys, as much as I love U2, it's silly for AB and JT to be higher then every Beatles, Zeppelin, and Floyd album.

Yes, I love classic rock. It rules. It saddens me that some who actually got to live through the period when so many of those records were being released appear to be taking it for granted.

Great job, El-Mel :up:

For a brief moment, I thought of trying a similar thing with "favorite songs," but realized there'd be so much more variation than there already is here that it would be pointless.

For a brief moment, I thought of trying a similar thing with "favorite songs," but realized there'd be so much more variation than there already is here that it would be pointless.

You can really only do Movies and Albums before it get too tedious.

El Mel, great job buddy! Wish I'd been here for the last 5 hrs following all the fun real time... but the holiday party was a lot of fun too! :drunk:

Mind you, a lot of classic albums are "classic" in terms of innovation and experimentation, but won't necessarily sound better than the albums they inspire 20 or 30 years down the track.

Mind you, a lot of classic albums are "classic" in terms of innovation and experimentation, but won't necessarily sound better than the albums they inspire 20 or 30 years down the track.

Hence the minor backlash The Velvet Underground receive.

Oh man it's all over now. :sad: I wonder if it's done again, will more people participate and will it be more accurate? :hmm: :mac:

You're right. :reject:

It's true, I mean, you guys grew up listening to this stuff without sitting there going "Wow, this is a landmark album, I have to hear it," you know? Who knows which contemporary bands/albums will stick around in the next 10-20 years? I'd like to think guys like Radiohead, The White Stripes, Arcade Fire, and a few others will, but that's just me.

Can I believe that but still stand by my "too many "classic" albums on this list" argument? :sexywink:

Fair enough, crarky.

That's exactly why Oasis is so much better than The Beatles, I think you've really hit the nail on the head there.

Hence the minor backlash The Velvet Underground receive.

Most definitely true. Seeing White Light / White Heat make the list was probably my second favorite moment behind In Rainbows making the Top 25.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom