Interference's Top 100 Albums of All Time - Results Thread - Page 27 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Just the Bang and the Clatter
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 11-20-2008, 05:00 PM   #391
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 08:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPryck2U View Post
Why don't you own Appetite For Destruction or Use Your Illusions I and II? Those are great albums.
Quote:
I think The Rolling Stones is more for losers as GNR are the best. Brown Sugar is awful so stay away. Buy Use Your Illusion GNR insted.

Old 11-20-2008, 05:00 PM   #392
The Male

#37 - Led Zeppelin - Physical Graffiti

Not a bad album at all. Unfortunately, there aren't enough songs for it to be truly freewheeling, and the first disc sounds just like every other Zeppelin album. No trails blazed there. Still, it's peak Zeppelin, and I enjoy most of the songs.

Quote:
"Kashmir" is this album's "Stairway to Heaven"

And yes, that means it sucks too.
Quote:
Nice cover art. Kashmir is a classic. That makes what ? Say 1.5 ?
Quote:
Led Zepperlin at their worst. Bloated and boring. Better editing (Cut 5 songs and most of the other songs in half) and it would rank down there with Presence. Bron-Yr-Aur is the most interesting things here. Kashmir alone justified the punks' derision.
Quote:
There are two good songs on this bloated monstrosity.
Quote:
I don't get this one. Many claim this to be their best effort, but to me, it's just a double album full of cock rock filler. I've never been a fan of Robert Plant's voice, but I can at least accept that he sung with some power on the previous records. This one is a pretty pathetic effort if you ask me.

Now.
Old 11-20-2008, 05:01 PM   #393
The Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyfan26 View Post
Interference ranks the Rolling Stones:

1. Sticky Fingers
2. Let It Bleed
3. Beggars Banquet
4. Exile on Main St.
Switch Beggars Banquet and Exile and they're exactly right.

Now.
Old 11-20-2008, 05:02 PM   #394
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 10:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyfan26 View Post
Interference ranks the Rolling Stones:

1. Sticky Fingers
2. Let It Bleed
3. Beggars Banquet
4. Exile on Main St.
Just shift Sticky to 4 and I agree completely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdisantis83 View Post
I am expecting "Rush of Blood to the Head" to come in at #1, followed by "Funeral."
Christ.

I like both albums actually, especially Funeral... even if I'm in the minority that favors Neon Bible.

When Viva came out, I went through this "Hey, maybe Coldplay doesn't truly suck" phase, but in retrospect, they don't suck, they're just painfully average. They're like the plain girl who everyone inexplicably thinks is hot and think you're crazy for not seeing it.
Old 11-20-2008, 05:02 PM   #395
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 11:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonMelon View Post
Switch Beggars Banquet and Exile and they're exactly right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonMacPhisto View Post
Just shift Sticky to 4 and I agree completely.
Old 11-20-2008, 05:04 PM   #396
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 10:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by phanan View Post

I'm telling you Phanan, I'd give them all like a 9.9, 9.8, 9.7, and 9.6, so it's not that big of a loss.
Old 11-20-2008, 05:04 PM   #397
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
I like both albums actually, especially Funeral... even if I'm in the minority that favors Neon Bible.

When Viva came out, I went through this "Hey, maybe Coldplay doesn't truly suck" phase, but in retrospect, they don't suck, they're just painfully average. They're like the plain girl who everyone inexplicably thinks is hot and think you're crazy for not seeing it.
That is exactly what Coldplay is.

And Funeral deserves a good spot, it's a great album.
Old 11-20-2008, 05:04 PM   #398
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 03:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdisantis83 View Post
I am expecting "Rush of Blood to the Head" to come in at #1, followed by "Funeral."
Coldplay have less albums than U2 and the Beatles for people to split their votes between. Therefore, all of their albums will be in the top five. It's only fitting, since Chris Martin invented music.

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 11-20-2008, 05:04 PM   #399
The Male

#36 - The Flaming Lips - Yoshimi Battles The Pink Robots

Good tunes, intriguing concept. Nice choice.

Quote:
The lead track has the line 'Do you realize that everyone you know someday will die''. Well, as a matter of fact, yes I do you depressing motherfuckers. The idea is to try and have a good time while you're here. The rest of the album is the same kind of drivel, which some people pass off as ''Unique'' and ''Innovative''. Not me.
Quote:
I loved this at university when it was first released, but its cloying sentimentality has since got to me. It's just so insufferably dull...
Quote:
A complete let down after the last one.

'Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots' is so pretentious and stupid it makes my skin crawl.

Good for people who like crap like Beck & Bjork.
Quote:
FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK
FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK
FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK

FUCK.

FUCK.

FUCK.

Do I have your attention now? Good.

Fuck this album.

It's just as simple as that. Fuck it. You don't need it. Coz just out of eyeline exists a plethora of the best albums ever recorded. For nearly a decade the Lips were among the best bands in the world, if not 'thee' best band. But this ain't about stats, and never was. Not with those Lips.

Those Lips would've sneered in the face of their millenial counterparts. Their answer to the hypnotic - and not good Fall hypnotic, the kind of hypnotic that the Third Reich love love loves - "DO You Realize??" would've been the simpler, surrealer and much better "Gingerale Afternoon".

See, the Lips sold out in its fullest definition here. They left behind those good tunes that didn't give 'em acclaim in either sense (although Prindle got them, handing those three mid-90's masterpieces their due) for shitty computer pop, or whatthefuck you may call it.

And its actually (well, almost) painful to hear it. Its so fucking refined and watered down, so fucking slick. Indie America eats it up, sure. Critics may enjoy it (who cares). But it lacks...fuck it, it lacks soul. Thats what those early releases had. The Lips were given zero expectations and dutifully gave us the musical equivalent of a two out RBI double. Unfortunatley, they played for the Royals. I know, I hate baseball analogies too.

To lay it out bluntly (no pun intended...dig??), hearing this album in the wake of those greats just compounds the fact that, well, it sucks. Simple enough. No heart and too much seriousness. Seriousness in a bad way. Superserious. Fuck that.

Why would you even want this album when you could have that little breakdown at the end of "Moth In the Incubator"? Or Coyne figuiring out the weirdness while perpetuating it? Or RONALD JONES??????? You don't have to choose, but the choice becomes clear when you hear those. Dig? Dig??

Its not there fault, really. You'd be enticed by the money, too. And the awards, Gawd the awards!!! But for anyone who's worth a damn it was just a letdown.

Who knows? Maybe the Lips are playing all of us. Maybe they know that its shit too but just wanna prove that Pitchfork will eat it up the way they did with all those other shitty synth-pop bands. Then they deliver a proper follow up to Clouds Taste Metallic.

And with that note I'd be more than happy to get anyone who asks some early Lips albums. You deserve it after being fed this NPR mass-produced bullshit. Still love you wayne!

Now.
Old 11-20-2008, 05:05 PM   #400
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axver View Post
Coldplay have less albums than U2 and the Beatles for people to split their votes between. Therefore, all of their albums will be in the top five. It's only fitting, since Chris Martin invented music.
But first he invented the piano.
Old 11-20-2008, 05:05 PM   #401
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
I'm telling you Phanan, I'd give them all like a 9.9, 9.8, 9.7, and 9.6, so it's not that big of a loss.
Yeah.

But you're still wrong.
Old 11-20-2008, 05:05 PM   #402
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 09:12 PM
Quote:

And Kate Bush, what can I say? She truly embodies the feminine mystique:

Her looking like Sicy here is just a bonus.
Okay, that is funny.
Old 11-20-2008, 05:05 PM   #403
Blue Crack Addict

Location: Omaha, Nebraska “With Screwtape on Kettle Drum and Wormwood on Harpsichord!”
Don't go too crazy, Cassie.
Old 11-20-2008, 05:05 PM   #404
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonMelon View Post
#36 - The Flaming Lips - Yoshimi Battles The Pink Robots

Good tunes, intriguing concept. Nice choice.

Finally.
Old 11-20-2008, 05:05 PM   #405
Blue Crack Distributor

Fuck?