Interference's Top 100 Albums of All Time - Results Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Really fucked that up, didn't you, scumbo?

I had it at #4, I did my part.

:hug:

I have failed God, aka Joe Strummer.

Truthfully though, I do actually feel really bad I never finished my list up. I was excited to participate, and just had a slew of other things end up filling my free time. I have failed LeMeL for the last time.

The Right Profile is great. I love when Strummer shouts shit. "Death or Glory" being the best example of this.

I'll give Hateful another spin.

Of the 11 albums in the Top 25 so far, I have 9, and included 6 of those in my list. Nice.

#14 - The Who - Who’s Next

edca820dd7a09f17d06de010.L.jpg

Hilariously bad cover, classic album.

I really didn't used to own this as it was my older sister's album. This is where the Who started heading in a downward spiral. All the popular songs off this record I just can not get into. And I LOVE CLASSIC ROCK but I definitely have no love for any of these cheese ball songs.

If "nobody knows what it's like", why has everyone covered Behind Blue Eyes? That weepy macho ballad has become truly risible by connections, not by The Who themselves, but still...

Baba O'Riley is great, rest of it might be nice if you are into 70's stadium hard rock (I'm not). Seeing the high rating and the album showing up in my automatic recommendations I listened to this, and was forced to ask "that's it? That's all?"

Overblown.

old ppl musick

^ NOT Scumbo, unfortunately.

:hug:

I have failed God, aka Joe Strummer.

Truthfully though, I do actually feel really bad I never finished my list up. I was excited to participate, and just had a slew of other things end up filling my free time. I have failed LeMeL for the last time.

You didn't send in a list? I am completely incapable of putting records in a favorites order but I had faith in you. I wanted to see your list because I know it's better than this one (no offense to the participants - but I've been sick of classic rock for a looooong time now).

I say you post your list when you finish it, even if it's not for this competition, scumbo. I'd enjoy seeing that, since your taste is fantastic.

Alright, Hateful's made it out of filler listing. Just Jimmy Jazz. You won't convince me otherwise on that one, though.

I say you post your list when you finish it, even if it's not for this competition, scumbo. I'd enjoy seeing that, since your taste is fantastic.

:yes: You should, especially since it's you I have to thank for Okkervil River having two albums on my list, one in the upper parts of it.

#13 - R.E.M. - Automatic for the People

411aeb6709a02c2a74601110.L.jpg

The last R.E.M. album of the list. Savor it.

Am I the only one to whom all REM songs sound the same? It's the same damn scale used over and over, with different lyrics attached to it, accompanied by Stipe's annoying, schmaltzy close-to-tears whine.

"Everybody Hurts" is bad enough as a song (complete with a slight rip-off of a Simon&Garfunkel melody), but when they stuck that audio Dreck onto a pretentious MTV clip, they immortalized their own ineptness and stupidity. Everybody hurts, but nobody's ears quite suffer as much as mine when exposed to this gay wanna-be-indie garbage for thin students with delusions of intellectuality. The lyrics on AFTP are MORONIC. Wake up.

"Man On The Moon" is pretty much "Everybody Hurts" minus the Simon&Garfunkel bits and more "up-tempo", if that term can even be used for any REM track except the passable "Shiny Happy Morons" (and passable only because the B52 singer is involved in it, giving it some much-needed spunk.)

The only thing more annoying than Stipe's music and his lyrics is his self-righteousness, his holier-than-thou attitude, spiced up with predictably unbearable heavy doses of retarded political correctness. Playing it safe has always been the path for hypocrites, assholes and idiots.

I thought this band was the shit back when I was in my teens. I also liked Nirvana, The Doors, Husker Du and a whole bunch of other worthless kiddie crap. Horribly overrated, has not stood up to time very well at all.

1st listen: Hey, this is really good.
2nd listen: Not as good as I first thought.
3rd listen: Well, it's not bad.
4th listen: It's off to the secondhand shop.

I HATE what they did to themselves.

#13 - R.E.M. - Automatic for the People

411aeb6709a02c2a74601110.L.jpg

The last R.E.M. album of the list. Savor it.

Meh. Had this one on my list, but I'm still a bigger fan of early '80s R.E.M. Just couldn't leave it off since it has a few of my favorite R.E.M. songs on it.

REM, like U2, were pretty much only great in the eighties. AFTP should not be considered their defining album.

Automotherfuckingmatic For The Motherfucking People

R.E.M.'s greatest album. I've heard even God likes it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom