Interference's Top 100 Albums of All Time - Results Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Shit, I forgot to put a Queen album in my list.

Though my choice would've been Queen II, not ANATO.

#23 - Radiohead - The Bends

41gjEhVyjFL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

Very appropriate placing, IMO. :up:

One thing that let's this album down is that HORRIBLE FUCKING VOICE! It's one thing to put up with Bob Dylan, it's another to listen to a loser who thinks he can sing so really puts as much into it as he can. No, it doesn't work. I wasn't really expecting much from this anyway. I told you Radiohead sucked.

nah, it's pretty bland. i was like, getting into it, then like, it just hit me that i dont like it and i wanted to turn it off.

when they play slow on this album they sound okay but when they try and rock out they sound like a nirvana obsessed sixth form band. thomas yorke is not a tortured genius, this said radiohead might sound better if he was tortured.

The only song worth listening to more than once on this album would be "Fake Plastic Trees", which is an utterly beautiful piece of music in a sea of sub-par 90's Alternative Rock. The title track is absolutely terrible.

It is hard to believe how bland this is compared to “OK Computer”. Were these two albums really made by the same band? This is just mediocre. It might be considered alternative rock, though there is nothing alternative to this record. Although that is true for almost all so-called alternative albums. “Street Spirit” may be the only track worth saving.

Fans of indie and alternative will probably love this anyway. Not to mention the legions of Radiohead worshipers.

I had two Radiohead albums, a Clash album, and a Who album in my top ten.

Here's my 10:

The Beatles - Abbey Road
Pink Floyd - Animals
Bruce Springsteen - Born to Run
Radiohead - OK Computer
Led Zeppelin - IV
The Rolling Stones - Let It Bleed
Pink Floyd - Dark Side of the Moon
U2 - Achtung Baby
Bob Dylan - Blonde on Blonde
The Beatles - Revolver

In retrospect, I probably would've put Who's Next in there over Revolver, but hey, what can you do?

I love The Bends, but I put In Rainbows on my list over that one... just barely though.

The Bends, High and Dry, Fake Plastic Trees, Bones, Just, Black Star, Street Spirit ...

Fantastic album.

Wow, The Bends only made #23?

I'm pleasantly surprised, Interference.

#22 - The Who - Quadrophenia

6d56431378a034c277dd7110.L.jpg

Kicks the crap out of Tommy, I'll tell you that much.

Pretty much everything that went wrong with the Who is encapsulated in this album. Arena rock double concept album bloat. I'm not saying the Who had to sound exactly the way they did in 1965 forever and ever, but this record is where they officially lose me. More songs, less bullshit, please.

Quite simply, I got off after Who's Next. While the former is relatively eclectic, and thus not so achingly dull, it's difficult to distinguish any song from the bunch here. This might as well have been titled "70's double album" for it's sheer cookie cutter blandness.

Both stars are for Love Reign O'er Me. Still don't think I've managed to listen to more than half of this album in one go.

I went into Tommy skeptical and was happily surprised. I went into this one with an open mind and it left me totally flat. The difference? There aren't very many catchy hooks on this one. I can deal with bloated, introspective ego-stroking, but there's got to be some good pop hooks to suck me in. And there aren't very many here.

On my iTunes:
"I'm One" is the one.

Overblown and pretentious, but not quite rubbish. A few good songs. "Tommy" is certainly better.

Here's my 10:

The Beatles - Abbey Road
Pink Floyd - Animals
Bruce Springsteen - Born to Run
Radiohead - OK Computer
Led Zeppelin - IV
The Rolling Stones - Let It Bleed
Pink Floyd - Dark Side of the Moon
U2 - Achtung Baby
Bob Dylan - Blonde on Blonde
The Beatles - Revolver

In retrospect, I probably would've put Who's Next in there over Revolver, but hey, what can you do?

I love The Bends, but I put In Rainbows on my list over that one... just barely though.

Nice. Close calls, yeah.

Mine:

1. David Bowie - Station to Station
2. Bruce Springsteen - Born to Run
3. U2 - The Joshua Tree
4. The Clash - London Calling
5. Radiohead - The Bends
6. Pink Floyd - The Dark Side of the Moon
7. The Who - Quadrophenia
8. The Beatles - Abbey Road
9. Radiohead - In Rainbows
10. John Frusciante - Shadows Collide with People

I think that was it, anyway.

Nice. Close calls, yeah.

Mine:

1. David Bowie - Station to Station
2. Bruce Springsteen - Born to Run
3. U2 - The Joshua Tree
4. The Clash - London Calling
5. Radiohead - The Bends
6. Pink Floyd - The Dark Side of the Moon
7. The Who - Quadrophenia
8. The Beatles - Abbey Road
9. Radiohead - In Rainbows
10. John Frusciante - Shadows Collide with People

I think that was it, anyway.

Awesome.

In Rainbows could be the most emotional album I've ever heard, or at least one that's provoked the most emotional responses from me.

For how young most people who participated are, I can't believe how much dinosaur music has been included.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom