Interference's Top 100 Albums of All Time - Results Thread - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Just the Bang and the Clatter
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 11-20-2008, 11:39 AM   #16
The Male

Local Time: 12:39 PM
#98 - Neil Young - After The Gold Rush

Classic album. I have no words. But these people do:

Quote:
Bland country and folk with abysmal, forced singing. The subject seems to be also love and relationships gone wrong. The song titles are enough to make me cringed. There is nothing interesting about this album.

Still, people seem to love it. So, if you like country and folk accompanied by pretty singing you might like this.
Quote:
wow, i consider myself a fan of neil (maybe not a FANATIC, but), but man, this is totally overrated. i'll take the title track and "southern man", and you can keep the rest....
Quote:
Somebody gave me this album. Whatever. Neil Young isn't so bad, except when he sings[...]

Now.
Old 11-20-2008, 11:43 AM   #17
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 06:09 AM
That choice is enough to make me cringed!

Old 11-20-2008, 11:43 AM   #18
The Male

#97 - U2 - War

U2, back when they cared about things, even when it was really none of their business, and it was embarrassing to hear them talk about it. Come to think of it, nothing much has changed. Still a good album though.

Quote:
Those two hits are great songs. Remember that the rest is just pretentious were the greatest band in the world crap.
Ever see the South Park on Bono's record of biggest crap?
Quote:
Marks the infamous turning point where U2 went from unspeakably terrible to something even worse. These ponces ought to be disgraced for claiming to be influenced by Joe Strummer.
Quote:
What an awful album, sounds dated as hell with a horrible drum sound and Bono's pretentious wankery in full flow. I find it impossible to sit through this album in its entirity, it's worn my patience through by the 4th track. Hard to believe this band has such a big following, just shows you the majority of the world's population has no taste.

Now.
Old 11-20-2008, 11:44 AM   #19
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 03:39 PM
This could take a while.

Just be sure to get it all in one thread.
Old 11-20-2008, 11:45 AM   #20
Blue Crack Supplier

these quotes are priceless
Old 11-20-2008, 11:45 AM   #21
The Male

#96 - Sigur Ros - Agaetis Byrjun

Heard it a couple of times. Seemed nice enough.

Quote:
Caterwauling and the most wretchedly boring soundscapes imaginable = atrocious album.
Quote:
terrible
Quote:
Fuck you, Sigur Rós. That's all I have to say, just fuck off.

Now.
Old 11-20-2008, 11:46 AM   #22
Blue Crack Addict

Location: Omaha, Nebraska “With Screwtape on Kettle Drum and Wormwood on Harpsichord!”
Great album. Though I am surprised it is this low.
Old 11-20-2008, 11:48 AM   #23
The Male

#95 - Nick Drake - Pink Moon

Gorgeous music. One of the most beautiful, haunting albums of its time. Still, it's 28 minutes long and costs $19 on Amazon. WTF?

Quote:
A dull very boring "cry" athon, plenty of disjointed ordinary chords. No value for money as far as I'm concerned with only 30 minutes of so called "music". People that listen to drake usually think they have a far "superior" music taste... It's all just a wank. Boo.
Quote:
Sorry I just really don't get this, it's just so dull. I actually feel physically sick listening to it, the guys voice gives me a headache. Dylan is the only folk artist who ever mattered and that was because he realised how lame the genre was and that it needed a shot in the arm to make it worthwhile. For this guy to make a record post Dylan is unnacceptable and makes me hate it even more. I'll give it another listen but I doubt my opinion will change...no I tried but as soon as I hear that voice I could literally blow my brains out. I agree with aflickerings review.
Quote:
6 of 49 people found the following review helpful:
1.0 out of 5 stars a bore..., August 23, 2001
By couchgrouch "couchgrouch" (cochise, az United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Pink Moon (Audio CD)
this record is all myth, no songs. after having heard about it being "haunting" for so many years, I finally picked it up. I played it over and over again looking for what others see in this album. here's what I heard: the kind of "poetry" that high school juniors write after reading about Sylvia Plath in English. this is mumbled while strumming the simplest guitar possible. the fact that the guy offed himself figures in much of the music's praise. to me, that's irrelevant. there's just no strong songs here. it's been a week since I've heard it and I can't remember a thing about it. this is after dozens of listens. it's utterly forgettable.

Now.
Old 11-20-2008, 11:51 AM   #24
Blue Crack Addict

This is great timing. I get to have some lunch and watch this unfold for a while.
Old 11-20-2008, 11:52 AM   #25
The Male

#94 - Manic Street Preachers - The Holy Bible

Some seriously disturbing shit. Great guitars though.

Quote:
1 of 24 people found the following review helpful:
1.0 out of 5 stars Try Oasis instead, August 23, 1999
By A Customer
This review is from: Holy Bible (Audio CD)
This album is not much of an album at all. It's scattered lyrics are so incoherent that they are a perfect compliment to the horrible instrumentation. This album is barely listenable, and it is far too dark for anyone who wishes to stay sane to listen to repeatedly.
Quote:
Is this the magnum opus of lyricists Wire and James? Their greatest meditations on depression, self-loathing, culture and politics? But it's all name-dropping, sloppy slogans and cheap morbid imagery! The music is the crowning turd in the water-pipe. It's so utterly flat and boring you'll hardly notice it at all.
Quote:
Oh man, what an embarrassing record..they try so hard it's laughable. I think I have never heard a Band that is more pretenious than them.

Now.
Old 11-20-2008, 11:52 AM   #26
The Male

Guys, you're all really pretentious, apparently.

Now.
Old 11-20-2008, 11:55 AM   #27
The Male

#93 - Stevie Wonder - Songs In The Key Of Life

There are about a thousand good songs on this.

Quote:
An abortion.
Quote:
Imagine listening to a blind man sitting there talking to himself. Now imagine the same blind man having the same conversation with himself every day. Now imagine the same blind man with the same conversation with himself every day, except in the background on the radio there's some soft elevator music playing. Now imagine recording that and putting it on a double album. That's what listening to Songs in the Key of Life is to me. Only 3 or 4 tracks escape the tedious trend that is Stevie's songwriting, and it's hard to enjoy those in the sea of snore-inducing music that is the rest of the album.
Quote:
[...]listening to this album I soon get very bored[...]

Now.
Old 11-20-2008, 11:59 AM   #28
The Male

#92 - Pink Floyd - Meddle

I love pretty much every second of this record. Even the dog barking is kickass.

Quote:
Once again, Pink Floyd manage to get away with this drivel of delivering five original songs and calling it an "album". Just making one of the songs 23 minutes long doesn't give you any excuse.

Just like Animals and Wish You Were Here, Pink Floyd have over-indulged themselves in their droning ambient epics, while frustratingly showing glimpses of absolutely stunning talent.

Unfortunately, this album just bores the shit out of me.
Quote:
You know what? I said I would never rate an album I hadn't heard but fuck it: This popped up on my recommendation list. I hate Pink Floyd. I have been disappointed again and again and again and I want to punch them in the throat.

Einstein said something about not doing something again and Einstein is right: I will never listen to another Pink Floyd record again.

Quote:
0 of 10 people found the following review helpful:
1.0 out of 5 stars music for retards and paedophiles, October 7, 2008

Now.
Old 11-20-2008, 12:01 PM   #29
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonMelon View Post
music for retards and paedophiles
Old 11-20-2008, 12:02 PM   #30
The Male

#91 - Crowded House - Together Alone

Too bad Axver isn't here. He'd go nuts.

Quote:
Proof that people will buy any old shit!!
Quote:
This one is not for me i'm afraid. the spark appears to have deserted Crowded House at this point. The songs are dull and lifeless in the main and the sharp tunes are missing. One to avoid.

Now.
Closed Thread