Interference's Top 100 Albums of All Time - Listmania! (top 100/individual)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That album should get its own thread in a couple of weeks. I was kind of sad to see it only receive one other vote, but hardly surprised. I know a lot of people love it, but I never thought they would be here at interference.

Well, as a Christmas-themed album, it might have just not been on people's radar. I don't keep my Christmas CDs with my collection - I have them in storage with all my Christmas junk and bring them out around this time of year.

I didn't even think of it until the list was almost done.

And I don't really like jazz - so that's how much I like the album! ;)

I like Play and almost had it on my list, but realized it wasn't strong enough to be on there.

And while I didn't have Everything Is Wrong on my list either, I would agree with you that it's better.

It was more in the level of "mild lol" as opposed to the Travis or Joanna Newsom-level "massive lol."

The Scumbo/impy indietastic combo lists would be great to see.

Kowalczyk's lyrics seem to actually have some meaning and purpose, which is a far cry from the turgid monotony that he spat out on later albums.

Oh, totally. He was just too damned serious and pretentious for his own good. After Throwing Copper, I liked Lakini's Juice, Turn My Head and Overcome. That's about it.

Boxer just barely missed the top 100. That's a shame.

How much did Boxer miss by? I kinda was pissed off after I sent you my list because I forgot to move Boxer up by the Okkervil, where it's at was where I set it for a moment and then I didn't realize it was there til after I sent it to you, but I didn't think it would make a difference :grumpy:

ETA: nope, wouldn't have made a difference

It was more in the level of "mild lol" as opposed to the Travis or Joanna Newsom-level "massive lol."

I was surprised to see Joanna Newsom pop up as often as she did.

I checked out Ys after hearing all the raves about it ........ let's just say I missed that boat.

Well, as a Christmas-themed album, it might have just not been on people's radar. I don't keep my Christmas CDs with my collection - I have them in storage with all my Christmas junk and bring them out around this time of year.

"Christmastime Is Here" and "Linus and Lucy" are two of the best songs ever. Fucking love Charlie Brown.

I have a question about this. I was told in high school that this music was NOT written for A Charlie Brown Christmas. Is that true?

I was surprised to see Joanna Newsom pop up as often as she did.

I checked out Ys after hearing all the raves about it ........ let's just say I missed that boat.

Renaissance-era songstresses aren't really my thing. Sting may love it, but I am not Sting... not even an Andy Summer.

I have a question about this. I was told in high school that this music was NOT written for A Charlie Brown Christmas. Is that true?

I know the "Linus and Lucy" music was used elsewhere with other Charlie Brown stuff, and that Vince Guaraldi did in fact do non-Peanuts music, but I don't know if there's more to it than that.

It's entirely possible.

See, I do like jazz -- quite a bit, actually -- so it's naturally a favorite. I've actually loved Vince Guaraldi's music since I was a little kid, even before I knew who he was or his significance, and there's just something about that record...it's melancholy and beautiful, something you can play any time of the year. Hell, remove the titles and it's difficult to tell what exactly its purpose is. It just sounds like a damn fine jazzy piano record to me.

See, I do like jazz -- quite a bit, actually -- so it's naturally a favorite. I've actually loved Vince Guaraldi's music since I was a little kid, even before I knew who he was or his significance, and there's just something about that record...it's melancholy and beautiful, something you can play any time of the year. Hell, remove the titles and it's difficult to tell what exactly its purpose is. It just sounds like a damn fine jazzy piano record to me.

It's to show how morbidly depressing Charlie Brown's life truly is... and be kick-ass.

It's to show how morbidly depressing Charlie Brown's life truly is... and be kick-ass.

The movie and comics (I actually own The Complete Peanuts 1961-1962) are horribly, horribly depressing. But that makes it even better, because we all know someone like Charlie Brown.

The movie and comics (I actually own The Complete Peanuts 1961-1962) are horribly, horribly depressing. But that makes it even better, because we all know someone like Charlie Brown.

You know borderline parent-less, poor, bald children? That truly sucks.

I love those recent releases of all the Peanuts strips. They're releasing one or two books a year, with each book covering two years or something like that?

I grew up reading a lot of the old strips, but the earliest books had strips I'd never seen before. It got pretty lame in the later years, but man, that's some good stuff.

You know borderline parent-less, poor, bald children? That truly sucks.

You make him sound like a orphaned leukemia patient. :(

I love those recent releases of all the Peanuts strips. They're releasing one or two books a year, with each book covering two years or something like that?

I grew up reading a lot of the old strips, but the earliest books had strips I'd never seen before. It got pretty lame in the later years, but man, that's some good stuff.

Yeah, and it's a pretty solid value. 61-62 was hardback, 346 pages and only set me back $20.

Charlie Brown and Linus were the first nihilistic cartoon children. You could say that they were mavericks.

Snoopy was often an asshole to Charlie Brown. I cannot love Snoopy for this reason.

He's an even bigger asshole in the musical You're a Good Man, Charlie Brown. I also may be confusing him with the kid who played his part, but it's all the same.

No one else put Robert Miles Dreamland on their list, that album moves you through time, it's fucking mega.....dream-trance.....

Back
Top Bottom