Interference's Top 100 Albums of All Time - Listmania! (top 100/individual)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Cracking, cracking cracking effort Lemon Melon, that was one hell of a thread I just read through, BUT...

...."It's no Bright Eyes" :wink:

Predictable, but worthy top three. I actually would've put money on OKC to win the whole thing.

Stoked to see The Queen Is Dead, Village Green, The Stone Roses, Unforgettable Fire, Rush Of Blood getting the love they deserve.

Surprised to see Unknown Pleasures so low.

Was proud to see my boys Travis come close to the top 100. Gallant effort.

I wonder how much In Rainbows will drop over time.....As much as I like it, I think it's recieving a bit of love via novelty at the moment.

So many Stones and Springsteen, I might have to start listening to these bands in an album context rather than just knowing them by Greatest Hits compilations.

I got all panicky by the anti-Coldplay ramblings at about the time of their placing, felt the urge to step back into my customary role as Chris Matin's resident Interference bodyguard :wink:.....

Shattered to see New Miserable Experience, the Gin Blossoms' masterpiece fail to score well.

I do wonder about how the list would take shape if the 3 album rule was relaxed......

Oh for fuck's sake. I missed the entire thread. What time was this happening? I was probably watching the cricket. Fuck. And New Zealand are playing well. Fuck. :angry:

We really should've bought a place for it on COBL_04's list. It could've made the top 100!

And bump Limp Bizkit? :eyebrow: Pfft. I don't think so.

97 Led Zeppelin - I
96 Police - Zenyatta Mondatta
96 Elton John - Goodbye Yellow Brick Road
95 Depeche Mode - Violator
94 Okkervil River - Black Sheep Boy
93 Talking Heads - Fear Of Music
93 Beck - Sea Change
93 Beatles - Rubber Soul
90 Porcupine Tree - Stupid Dream
88 Who - The Who Sell Out
88 Neutral Milk Hotel - In The Aeroplane Over The Sea
87 Steely Dan - Aja
87 Sex Pistols - Never Mind the Bollocks Here’s the Sex Pistols
87 Police - Ghost In the Machine
87 Interpol - Turn On The Bright Lights
84 R.E.M. - Document
84 Peter Gabriel - Security
84 Metallica - Master Of Puppets
84 Lou Reed - Transformer
83 Pearl Jam - No Code
82 Explosions In The Sky - The Earth Is Not A Cold, Dead Place
81 Talk Talk - The colour of spring
81 Miles Davis - Bitches Brew
81 Joanna Newsom - Ys!!!
80 Pearl Jam - Vs.
80 Joni Mitchell - Court And Spark
78 Miles Davis - Kind of Blue
78 Meat Loaf - Bat Out Of Hell
77 Police - Synchronicity
77 Pavement - Crooked Rain, Crooked Rain
77 Clash - The Clash
76 Madonna - Ray of Light
76 Flaming Lips - The Soft Bulletin
75 Ride - Nowhere
75 Jimi Hendrix - Axis: Bold As Love
74 Elvis Costello - Imperial Bedroom
74 Bruce Springsteen - Nebraska
73 Flaming Lips - Transmissions From a Satellite Heart
72 Sonic Youth - Daydream Nation
72 Smiths - Strangeways, Here We Come
72 Smashing Pumpkins - Siamese Dream
72 Morrissey - Vauxall And I
70 Travis - The Man Who
70 National - Boxer
69 Billy Joel - The Stranger
68 Nick Cave & the Bad Seeds - Abattoir Blues/The Lyre of Orpheus
68 INXS - kick
67 Moby - Play
67 David Bowie - Heroes
66 Killers - Hot Fuss

Massive lols for all of the bolded ones.

Oh for fuck's sake. I missed the entire thread. What time was this happening? I was probably watching the cricket. Fuck. And New Zealand are playing well. Fuck. :angry:

I missed the live show too, just go to the thread and start reading, I don't think it will disappear overnight......

What the hell is lol about The Man Who?

Forget you're you for a second... look at who it's by... take it in... and think about Chris Martin yankin' his chain to that album while crying like a little girl... and then you've got a decent-sized lol at the very least.

This is a beautiful pwnage of you.

And your lowest albums are hilarious.

For those curious, rateyourmusic is slow as molasses this time of day. Amazon.com kicked its ass.

Forget you're you for a second... look at who it's by... take it in... and think about Chris Martin yankin' his chain to that album while crying like a little girl... and then you've got a decent-sized lol at the very least.

Going by that logic, an album like OK Computer would be something else Chris Martin might "yank his chain" to while "crying like a little girl", but you wouldn't lol at that....

Travis > Coldplay

And I have a new theory, you and the other Lemon are twins, cause you both have Lemon in your name and both consider Abbey Road the greatest album of all time......quite a coincidence.

Going by that logic, an album like OK Computer would be something else Chris Martin might "yank his chain" to while "crying like a little girl", but you wouldn't lol at that....

Travis > Coldplay

And I have a new theory, you and the other Lemon are twins, cause you both have Lemon in your name and both consider Abbey Road the greatest album of all time......quite a coincidence.

I forgot to include that Travis sucks, while Radiohead is quite good. Hopefully that clarifies things.

Twins? Fuck, we're the same person. Didn't you get the memo?

1.jpg

My favorite Peter Gabriel lyric. :drool:

"Though you may disappear
You're not forgotten here
I will say to you I will do what I can do."

:heart:

Ahh now I want to listen to it, but I also want to listen to TUF like eleventybillion times in celebration

I forgot to include that Travis sucks, while Radiohead is quite good. Hopefully that clarifies things.

Twins? Fuck, we're the same person. Didn't you get the memo?

1.jpg

Good call.

And I'm also part of that person, but since I'm not named "Lemon," I'm sort of like the head sticking out of the guy's stomach in the Paranoid Android video.

lol at Master Of Puppets?

:tsk:

Great record.

Metallica cracks me the hell up, mainly because I associate it with this metalhead friend of mine.

Good call.

And I'm also part of that person, but since I'm not named "Lemon," I'm sort of like the head sticking out of the guy's stomach in the Paranoid Android video.

Or like Kuato from Total Recall.

That you're even referencing Radiohead at this point shows that you're not quite the sore thumb you think you are.

Probably the part about someone's head sticking out of a guy's stomach, I would imagine.

What grossed you out? The tits, my head popping out of AbbeyLemon's stomach, or the man chopping off his limbs?

That was really fun to browse all the lists. I have a few comments.

LemonMelon: A Charlie Brown Christmas! YAY! So you were the other poster with it on their list. And Willie Nelson, too. Can't go wrong with a little Willie (ba-dum-dum).

Saracene: Mark Lanegan Bubblegum. Oooh, yes. That one almost made my top 50.

Salome: Nice to see some Guided By Voices love.

cdsantis83: Dave Matthews Band Under the Table and Dreaming - I thought about putting this one on my list, too. I'm really not a fan, but I have always liked this album a lot.

barlowdog: Liz Phair Exile in Guyville - I expected this to appear on more lists.

patske and The Sad Punk: Dusty In Memphis - yay! I'm glad other people listed this one, too.

intedomine: Live Throwing Copper - considering how much everything else they ever did (save one or two songs) annoyed the living shit out of me, I'm surprised at how much I still like this album all these years later.

Zootlesque: American Idiot - glad I wasn't the only one with this on their list!

Irishteen: The Cardigans Long Gone Before Daylight - :heart: Another one that narrowly missed my top 50. Great album.

You could play any song over Paranoid Android's video and it would make just as much sense.

Come to think of it, that's a good thread idea.

Kick by INXS is one of the better albums from the 80's. While I didn't have it on my own list, I think it's fine where it was.

Shit, I thought I bolded Moby's Play.

Everything Is Wrong is awesome, but Play was disappointing.

LemonMelon: A Charlie Brown Christmas! YAY! So you were the other poster with it on their list. And Willie Nelson, too. Can't go wrong with a little Willie (ba-dum-dum).

That album should get its own thread in a couple of weeks. I was kind of sad to see it only receive one other vote, but hardly surprised. I know a lot of people love it, but I never thought they would be here at interference.

Phases And Stages and Red Headed Stranger are classics, no doubt. Very much in the same vein, but stand on their own merits.

I just checked...exactly half of the albums on my list made the top 100. :faint:

Too bad scumbo and I didn't get our lists in. The top 100 needs some National and Okk.

The limbs bit, that's what grossed me out.......bit foul.....

Karma Police and No Surprises videos are brilliant.

Throwing Copper is solid. Live were never gonna top that. The greatest post-grunge album, which might not seem all that esteemed when you consider what post-grunge has come to mean (Foo, Goo, Nickelback), but TC is quite timeless. Kowalczyk's lyrics seem to actually have some meaning and purpose, which is a far cry from the turgid monotony that he spat out on later albums.

Back
Top Bottom