Interference's Top 100 Albums of All Time - Listmania! (top 100/individual)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I don't like this Joanna Newsom bashing:sad:

I know her voice is a little strange; but her harp playing is beautiful, her lyrics are head and shoulders above anyone else, and the musical arrangements are interesting and unique.

At the very least, I don't think it should be considered funny to see her name included in this discussion.

:reject:

Hey, more power to you if you like her. I was just surprised to see her pop up on lists, especially as high as she did. No one's pointing and laughing at anything.

Try not to take it personally when people don't like the same things you do. :)

I don't agree with the Travis bashing either, but you just gotta accept that some are yet to be enlightened ..... :wink:

I don't like this Joanna Newsom bashing:sad:

I know her voice is a little strange; but her harp playing is beautiful, her lyrics are head and shoulders above anyone else, and the musical arrangements are interesting and unique.

At the very least, I don't think it should be considered funny to see her name included in this discussion.

:reject:

I couldn't stand her until I saw her open for Bjork. She was amazing!! :bow:

Zootlesque: American Idiot - glad I wasn't the only one with this on their list!

I love that album, not just cos it's Green Day maturing up and delivering an excellent collection of songs, I think I just love rock operas or concept albums period! :lol: Quadrophenia :combust:

No one else put Robert Miles Dreamland on their list, that album moves you through time, it's fucking mega.....dream-trance.....

Oh man... I might have put that on my list but decided against it. It was 90s enough as it is. :wink: But I love Dreamland.

Oh and...

MrPryck! :hi5: Mucho props for not just including No Code but placing it super high like I did. What a great fucking album! Possibly Pearl Jam's best! :love:

:hi5: elfa for Neko Case "Fox Confessor" - why don't more people talk about/love this record?

And yay for those who included Sufjan Stevens, Cat Power, Bjork, Beck, The Shins and Elbow. :love:

Had I finished my list I would have been the only one to include Rickie Lee Jones' first record. :sad:

Hey, more power to you if you like her. I was just surprised to see her pop up on lists, especially as high as she did. No one's pointing and laughing at anything.

Try not to take it personally when people don't like the same things you do. :)

I was, slightly, but you're totally right.

I don't know what's worse, listening to Travis or watching Police Academy 4, like I am doing right now.

I vote for Police Academy 4. No one should have to suffer through Steve Gutenberg.

(And on the chance that Gutenberg isn't actually in #4, no one should have to suffer through anything even associated with Steve Gutenberg.)

I vote for Police Academy 4. No one should have to suffer through Steve Gutenberg.

(And on the chance that Gutenberg isn't actually in #4, no one should have to suffer through anything even associated with Steve Gutenberg.)

4 is actually the last Police Academy film to be graced by the presence of The Guttenberg, arguably one of the '80s worst exports. Bobcat Goldthwait harassing the little police guy... that always made me laugh.

I call a draw.

Funeral and Arcade Fire in general is ridiculously overrated in this forum! #10 best album of all-time? You've gotta be kidding me! lol.

Funeral and Arcade Fire in general is ridiculously overrated in this forum! #10 best album of all-time? You've gotta be kidding me! lol.

Nirvana - Nevermind 21

Nirvana - Nevermind 21

Nirvana - Nevermind 21

Arguably one of the most "overrated" albums of the past quarter century, I would say.

Ah, but the thread isn't BEST album of all-time. It's TOP album. It's kind of open to interpretation, don't you think?

I chose to randomly pile all 1,000 of my CDs on top of each other, and whatever order they ended up in is how I came up with my list.

You guys are lucky Lindsay Lohan or Paris Hilton didn't end up in my top 50. That would have been embarrassing!

It reminds him of the day when he finally discovered where life begins...earlier this year.

ART%20From-the-Lake-No-1.jpg

???

Haha thank god linkin park or limp bizkit didn't get into the final list! :crack:

While I agree that Nirvana Nevermind is overrated to an extent, I also think it's very very good. Blame it on nostalgia I guess. :shrug:

Btw, where the fuck are Spiceworld, Los Del Rio and 12 Inches of Snow??? I demand a recount!!

Do you fuckers at least agree that Dave Grohl kicks all kinds of ass on Nevermind?

Wow, harsh language there, fella, even if fucker may very well be the most operative term here.

Dave Grohl kicks ass all day, every day... but having a great drummer does not a great album make, or some Yoda shit like that.

Not even one Madonna album made it! I guess she is too mainstream pop for this indie and classic rock obsessed forum. :sexywink:

Foo Fighters are cool. Or were cool before they started sounding the same with every album! But I had There Is Nothing Left To Lose on my list. I love that album!

Not even one Madonna album made it! I guess she is too mainstream pop for this indie and classic rock obsessed forum. :sexywink:

Or the major Madonna fans here didn't submit a list.

If you think this is an indietastic list without impy, scumbo, Laz, or Lance involved, then I truly don't know what to tell you.

Back
Top Bottom