Impy's Annual Best-of-the-Year Point Distribution Tally Nonsense - Please Participate

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
GAF's list:

Girls Aloud - 15 pts
Hold Stead - 14 pts
Girls Aloud again - 13 pts
Various bands with underaged girls in tight clothing - rest of the points

Bloc Party - 'Intimacy' - 15 pts.
My Morning Jacket - 'Evil Urges' - 15 pts.
Coldplay - 'Viva La Vito Corleone' - 14 pts.
The Last Shadow Puppets - 'The Age of the Understatement' - 11 pts.
R.E.M. - 'Accelerate' - 8 pts.
Kings of Leon - 'Only By The Night' - 7 pts.
The Hold Steady - 'Stay Positive' - 6 pts.
Vampire Weekend - 'Vampire Weekend' - 5 pts.
TV On The Radio - 'Dear Science,' - 4 pts.
Oasis - 'Dig Out Your Soul' - 4 pts.
Girls Aloud - 'Out of Control' - 4 pts.
Elbow - 'The Seldom Seen Kid' - 3 pts.
Mudcrutch - 'Mudcrutch' - 2 pts.
Phantom Planet - 'Raise the Dead' - 2 pts.

I sincerely doubt that that adds up to the correct amount of points. I never took the maths in school.

Elbow - The Seldom Seen Kid (15 pts)
TV on the Radio - Dear Science (13 pts)
Oasis - Dig Out Your Soul (12 pts)
Bloc Party - Intimacy (10 pts)
Plants & Animals - Parc Avenue (10 pts)
Fleet Foxes - Fleet Foxes (10 pts)
The Killers - Day & Age (9 pts)
The Raconteurs - Consolers of the Lonely (8 pts)
Coldplay - Viva la Vida (7 pts)
The Stills - Oceans Will Rise (6 pts)

Mudcrotch?

Haha, yup. Mudcrutch actually. It's Tom Petty's old band, they got together and recorded an album this year. Mudcrotch, ironically, is a drinking game I used to play that has been banned in 36 states and most Spanish speaking countries.

I think there should have been a rule about lists that were under 15 albums, as it's essentially in your best interest to do a list of 10 instead of 15 so all your choices get more points.

Haha, yup. Mudcrutch actually. It's Tom Petty's old band, they got together and recorded an album this year. Mudcrotch, ironically, is a drinking game I used to play that has been banned in 36 states and most Spanish speaking countries.

I actually did read it as "Mudcrotch" the first few times I looked at it.....

I think there should have been a rule about lists that were under 15 albums, as it's essentially in your best interest to do a list of 10 instead of 15 so all your choices get more points.

:uhoh:

GAF, Mudcrutch was good? I never got around to it, much as I meant to. I actually rented it from the library :doh:.

I wasn't trying to single anyone out on this, I just realized after I finished my break down that it would have been better for me to do a list of 10 instead of the 15 as was requested by IMPeror.

Yeah, although the instructions were kind of confusing, so I chose 10 albums:

Last year, we had a thing where everyone was given 100 points to distribute among 15 albums, not to exceed 15 points per.

You can rate however many albums you want. Just use up your 100 points and don't give more than 15 to any one album.

I wasn't trying to single anyone out on this, I just realized after I finished my break down that it would have been better for me to do a list of 10 instead of the 15 as was requested by IMPeror.

oh I was just kidding. I had done 15 initially, when I noticed there were others doing 10, and I wasn't confident about that bottom five, so I dropped them :)

I'm a-gonna tally these bitches up later this evening mayhaps. Tomorry at the very latest.

1. [15] Ra - Black Sun - have not seen this on any list so either my taste sucks or these guys really are one of the most underrated bands working today
2. [10] Oasis - Dig Out Your Soul
3. [10] Coldplay - Viva La Vida
4. [8] Kings of Leon - Only By The Night
5. [8] My Morning Jacket - Evil Urges
6. [6] R.E.M. - Accelerate
7. [5] Metallica - Death Magnetic
8. [5] Guns N' Roses - Chinese Democracy
9. [5] AC/DC - Black Ice
Holy shit kids, the 80's still rock -- bring back the long hair.
10. [5] Nine Inch Nails - The Slip
11. [5] Staind - The Illusion of Progress
12. [5] The Cure - 4:13 Dream
13. [5] Kaiser Chiefs - Off With Their Heads
14. [5] These New Puritans - Beat Pyramid
15. [3] Black Kids - Partie Traumatic - guilty pleasure

Well I got halfway through tallying everything and then I had to reinstall Windows. So I lost it all.

The only person that I remember who hit my up via PM was YLB. The rest are in this thread. I'll compile it at some point, I'm just a little busy right now. Being sick doesn't help.

The only person that I remember who hit my up via PM was YLB. The rest are in this thread. I'll compile it at some point, I'm just a little busy right now. Being sick doesn't help.

That's right. THAT'S RIGHT!

Ok, I told impy I'd go ahead and finish this thing off. Look for a final tally soon.

1. Dear Science, by TV on the Radio
2. 808s & Heartbreak by Kanye West
3. Intimacy by Bloc Party
4. Fleet Foxes + Sun Giant EP by Fleet Foxes
5. The Bootleg Series Vol. 8: Tell Tale Signs - Rare and Unreleased 1989-2006 by Bob Dylan
6. Evil Urges by My Morning Jacket
7. Weezer (The Red Album) by Weezer
8. The Seldom Seen Kid by Elbow
9. Narrow Stairs by Death Cab for Cutie
10. Flight of the Conchords by Flight of the Conchords

How do you want to do your points though?

Phanny, it's really cool of you to do this. I'm sorry you had to pick up the slack.

Back
Top Bottom