I'm starting a thread about the Barenaked Ladies. - Page 8 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Just the Bang and the Clatter
Click Here to Login

Old 02-04-2007, 08:36 PM   #106
fah
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 02:28 AM

Saw them last night

As great as ever

Row 14 on the floor

Old 02-22-2007, 12:30 PM   #107
fah
Blue Crack Addict

They're on Letterman tonight

Old 07-18-2008, 12:37 AM   #108
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 05:28 AM
At least he uses Canadian currency when snorting his blow

TheStar.com | entertainment | 'Yeah, it's cocaine': Page court document
Old 07-18-2008, 01:31 AM   #109
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 03:28 AM
I wondered if you would bring this up.

Too bad - he seems like a cool guy. Just goes to show you never know with people...
Old 07-18-2008, 05:43 PM   #110
Blue Crack Distributor

Eh. I don't really think it's that big of a deal. I doubt that he's a hard core user or anything. It was just kind of stupid the way he got caught.

I don't understand his manager's confidence that he will be exonerated, especially when he was caught red-handed, and according to court papers, admitted to using/possessing it. And, the timing is unfortunate, considering that they just put out a kid's album.
Old 08-25-2008, 01:18 AM   #111
Blue Crack Distributor

These guys are having a run of bad luck!

http://origin.www.cbc.ca/cp/national.../n082502A.html

Tyler, Kevin and Jim need to stay home and barricade their doors...
Old 08-25-2008, 03:02 PM   #112
Blue Crack Distributor

Holy crap!
Old 11-08-2009, 10:31 PM   #113
War Child

Local Time: 10:28 AM
OK - yeah I'm bumping this but there is news relating to the mighty BNL.

Looks like the new album will be delayed until March 2010 - there was hope that we'd hear it in December - but no joy. In other news Tyler Stewart has been annoounced as an 'Entertainment Director' for the Ice Hockey venues during the Vancouver Olympics - pretty much guaranteeing a BNL show at one of the victoiry ceremonies at BC Place during the Games

Plus they seem to be gigging sporadically (oh 'Cleuless' reference!) throughout North America at the moment.

I like the new live versions of the classics - Kevin Hearn has stepped up to sing most of Steve Page's bits and he does a good job.
Old 11-09-2009, 01:39 AM   #114
ONE
love, blood, life

So i was at Louis CK show a few weeks back and while I was waiting in line I was all like "hey theres the guy from the barenaked ladies" to my girlfriend. and she was all like "oh ya. it is" It was Ed. He was all typing on his phone and such
Old 11-09-2009, 08:10 PM   #115
War Child

I'm wondering when Steve Page will release his next solo album - 'The Vanity Project' wasn't too bad so I live in hope that whatever he does next will be decent.
Old 11-10-2009, 12:36 AM   #116
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 06:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsnotmypuppy View Post
I'm wondering when Steve Page will release his next solo album - 'The Vanity Project' wasn't too bad so I live in hope that whatever he does next will be decent.
yeah, it wasn't amazing overall, but there were a couple tunes on it i really liked.

i feel weird about them being page-less now.
Old 11-10-2009, 12:42 AM   #117
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by IWasBored View Post
i feel weird about them being page-less now.
Somehow I had missed all this. It really doesn't feel right to go on without him .
Old 11-10-2009, 02:37 AM   #118
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsnotmypuppy View Post
I like the new live versions of the classics - Kevin Hearn has stepped up to sing most of Steve Page's bits and he does a good job.

i bet he does. he's a damn good musician. i'm still on the fence as far as wanting to hear this, though. i'd compare my curiousity to the morbid curiousity of not being able to look away a car wreck* but as i really hate rubbernecking toolbags and have seen plenty of fucked up people at work, i'm kind of avoiding it. i know they've put out official show bootlegs since moving on as a 4-piece, but i can't really get myself to take a listen.

kind of like the show i went to the last time they came through here...it was depressing. pretty sure it was the "bnl are me" tour, and the mullins center at umass amherst was maybe half full? if i recall correctly, the maroon tour sold out, and the everything to everyone tour did decently well. my decent non-floor (can't think of the word for the actual seat sections at the moment) seats ended up being shitty side-of-the-stage view, almost behind the stage actually, because tickets sold so poorly the stage was moved way up to the middle of the arena. the crowd--atleast from what i could see from where i was sitting--was an unenthusiastic bunch of fatasses who didn't even get up from their seats during brian wilson or one week.

*now i have a strange urge to listen to "tonight is the night i fell asleep at the wheel". yeah, i'm gonna do that.
Old 11-10-2009, 03:01 AM   #119
War Child

Quote:
i know they've put out official show bootlegs since moving on as a 4-piece, but i can't really get myself to take a listen.
I kind of agree. However I did download it (legit) and had a listen. Some of the tracks work OK without Steve - but 'If I Had $1,000,000', 'The Old Apartment' and 'Shopping' in particluar seem really weird with Kevin and not Steven. '$1,000,000' was as much about Ed and Steven goofing off during the verses as the actual song - so that is where I miss him the most.

I'm glad to see that haven't even tried 'What A Good Boy' or 'Alternative Girlfriend' for instance. I always personally preferred the Ed songs so I'm going to keep going with BNL - but it is definitely a different dynamic.

Oh - and they are playing at the Molson House on Feb 13 during the Vancouver Games - $450 but that includes drinks and food and a portion of the money goes to charity apparently. I hope they still do a victory ceremony in Vancouver -they've confirmed they are playing one up in Whistler but there are no buses back to Vancouver after the nightly ceremonies up there and there is no accommodation at all available in Whistler itself...
Old 11-10-2009, 03:40 AM   #120
Blue Crack Supplier

i don't quite think i could handle hearing "the old apartment" without mr. page on lead vocals. that does not sit well with me at all.

agreed about million dollars being as much about goofing around as anything. i heard the rock spectacle version of that on the radio last night, and it made me happy. forgot how much fun that song was live (minus that whole getting smacked in the back of the head 10 years ago with the entire friggin box of mac n cheese thing).

i've always been a far bigger fan of the steven page songs, so maybe that's some of it. although i think i'd be just as weirded out if it were the other way around and ed robertson was the one out of the band.

good fucking thing they have the sense not to do stuff like "what a good boy." please tell me same goes for "break your heart."

heh. i'm listening to pirate ship now. that's still one of my all-time favorite albums.

Tags
barenaked ladies