I'm starting a thread about the Barenaked Ladies. - Page 4 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Just the Bang and the Clatter
Click Here to Login

Old 01-26-2006, 01:43 PM   #46
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 12:44 PM
THE THREAD LIVES! glad I left this bookmarked

They're putting out a new album? YEs...maybe I'll finally get to see them live then.

Old 01-26-2006, 06:24 PM   #47
War Child

Local Time: 08:44 PM
Um, if you check out their blog it's far from certain what the new 'release' will be. Basically Ed and Steve have both posted stating they have recorded about 32-36 songs, none will be cut and that all will be released.

So my theory is a store released album of maybe 14 or so songs, and the rest available for download at their site - like how you can download most of their shows from the past 2 years.

It's a hell of a relief! After 'Everything To Everyone' was kind of ignored and the Christmas/Hannukah album, along with solo projects, I thought BNL may just fall apart - not so!

Yay!

Old 01-27-2006, 08:35 AM   #48
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 04:44 PM
there are a lot of words on the blog. don't have the time to read it right now. much easier to get people who do read it to tell me what's up.
Old 02-09-2006, 03:32 PM   #49
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 03:44 PM
In case you haven't seen/heard, a new song:

http://myspace.com/barenakedladies
Old 02-09-2006, 04:53 PM   #50
Blue Crack Supplier

yeah, i like it

edit: that's the link to bank job, right? myspace is acting up for me right now. fucking thing...
Old 02-09-2006, 05:02 PM   #51
Blue Crack Distributor

Yeah, there are several on there, but Bank Job was the purpose of the e-mail I received.

That, and some hare-brained scheme whereby the more new pals or buddies, or whatever it's called on Myspace they receive, the more new songs they'll release on there.

Quote:
It's Steve from BNL here. We're currently holed up in our igloo recording our new album, due to be released in September. In the meantime, we thought we'd give you a taste of some of the songs we're working on. There is a new song up on MySpace! It's called Bank Job, as performed live - for the first time ever - in Uncasville, CT on our last tour back in November and December. Hope this tides you over a bit until the studio version is released. We have three more new songs, all performed live, which we will share with you but we require your help before we do. We currently sit at about 8850 friends on MySpace and in order for the next new song to go up we are reaching out to you guys in hopes that you can help us reach 9500. A third song will be up once we hit 10,000 and the fourth and final song when you help us get to 10,500 friends. Get the idea? So make sure to let all your friends on MySpace, at school, around the office, heck, while you're waiting for your extra hot, no foam, double shot, with whip, skinny latte tell the next guy in line. The more people you tell the sooner you'll get to hear the songs!
Old 02-09-2006, 05:03 PM   #52
Blue Crack Supplier

and my hatred of myspace continues to grow...to the extent where i'm actually getting impatient with the band. (several bands, not just them)
Old 02-09-2006, 07:05 PM   #53
fah
Blue Crack Addict

I got an email that the private show I went to will not be released due to a problem with the video
Old 02-09-2006, 09:18 PM   #54
Blue Crack Supplier

that sucks, fah.
Old 03-18-2006, 03:15 AM   #55
Blue Crack Distributor

I want to go on this cruise SO badly

http://www.sixthman.us/bnl/
Old 03-18-2006, 04:06 AM   #56
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 01:44 PM
Glad to see there are lots of other BNL fans out there!

I've never seen them live, but have been a fan of them for ages. My favourite song is "If I Had a Million Dollars," but I love most of their stuff.
Old 03-18-2006, 04:28 AM   #57
Blue Crack Distributor

I've spent the entire time since I posted that link looking up travel information.
Old 03-18-2006, 11:08 AM   #58
fah
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by VintagePunk
I've spent the entire time since I posted that link looking up travel information.

I deleted all the emails I got about the cruise and the pre-sales as I wasn't able to go. What info were you looking for??? I think the pre-sale started on March 13 (for fan club members) and it opens up to the public on March 20 ~ I think.

It sounds like fun
Old 03-18-2006, 11:22 AM   #59
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally posted by fah

I deleted all the emails I got about the cruise and the pre-sales as I wasn't able to go. What info were you looking for??? I think the pre-sale started on March 13 (for fan club members) and it opens up to the public on March 20 ~ I think.

It sounds like fun
You can't go?

I'm not a paid member of their fanclub, just on the mailing list, so I didn't get the e-mail till last night. I was just going over the package, the faqs, the itinerary, and drooling over the ship.

Today, I'm putting into effect Operation Convince-Two-Other-People-to-Come-With-Me, so I can actually afford it.

I do have a question, though. From what I read last night, it sounded like they've done something like this before (although I could be wrong, it was late and I was crazy-excited)? If they have, do you know how quickly it sold out? In other words, would I have to book first thing Monday morning?
Old 03-18-2006, 11:28 AM   #60
fah
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by VintagePunk

You can't go?

I'm not a paid member of their fanclub, just on the mailing list, so I didn't get the e-mail till last night. I was just going over the package, the faqs, the itinerary, and drooling over the ship.

Today, I'm putting into effect Operation Convince-Two-Other-People-to-Come-With-Me, so I can actually afford it.

I do have a question, though. From what I read last night, it sounded like they've done something like this before (although I could be wrong, it was late and I was crazy-excited)? If they have, do you know how quickly it sold out? In other words, would I have to book first thing Monday morning?
Sadly, I can't go

I just checked the band's site and there are a lot of fans going. I don't know if they have done something like this before...I will check and find out.

Tags
barenaked ladies