I'm starting a thread about the Barenaked Ladies.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks for the info, I'll check it out. :up:

I signed up for something a long time ago, but I can't remember what, now. Must not be the fanclub though, because it sounds like I would have gotten the e-mail much sooner. I used to love their blog, but last I checked, they hadn't updated it in forever.

I love 'em :love:

First saw them about 10 years back on tv when they were on at the T in the park festival in Scotland - they were so entertaining&very funny, esp the part about Kraft dinners!!!! :lmao:

All I am going to say is that I hate this band and am in the process of sueing them for false advertising.

I shelled out $30.00 to see them in concert only to find out that they are neither 'barenaked' nor 'ladies', let alone "barenaked ladies".

Damn, unsavory canucks....

I received this email today from the ladies....

Some lucky fans in Toronto have the opportunity to see them :)

As you know, Barenaked Ladies have been busy in the studio writing and recording tons of new material over the last six months.
For fans in the Toronto area, this will be your chance to see them play these new songs in a very rare, intimate and acoustic performance! The band previewed a few of the new songs during 2005's Barenaked for the Holidays Tour but this will be the first time that all of the new material will be showcased at once.
A limited number of tickets are available for the performance and we're giving Ladies Room members a chance to purchase tickets before anyone else - so make sure to buy your tickets on Friday before they're available to the general public on Saturday morning. Due to the small amount of tickets available, tiered priority ticketing will not be available for this show. First come, first served!

Take note, important details!

Date: Friday May 19, 2006
Venue: Glen Gould Studio
250 Front St. West
Toronto, ON
Doors: 6:30 pm
Show: 7:30 pm

On Sale:
Friday, May 5th at 11 a.m. Eastern Time
Ticket are $26.75 + service charges and available for purchase online here ($4.50 service charge / ticket + $3 mailing fee per order).
Tickets also available through the Glen Gould Box Office by calling 416-205-5555 (service charge $3 / ticket).
Please note box office hours are Monday-Friday between 11:00am - 6:00pm EST.
Four tickets per person max.

In other news...

BNL and SIMS 2
In the world of imaginary worlds don't forget to check out BNL in the new SIMS 2 Family Fun Expansion Pack! Not only does it include new music (a-la-SIMS) by the guys, but they're also actual characters in the game! Every gamer and BNL fan's dream come true!

Watch this week for some updates to the Ladies Room. This week will be picking the Roomer of the Month and posting some songs from the BNL SYNC performance that the band played December 15th in Vancouver, BC. We have just added some pics of the guys in the studio to the Exclusives page, as well as a new video in the Interview section.

New album in September ~ I just pre-ordered it from Nettwerk

Track listing for "Barenaked Ladies Are Me":
"Adrift"
"Bank Job"
"Sound Of Your Voice"
"Easy"
"Home"
"Bull In A China Shop"
"Everything Had Changed"
"Peterborough And The Kawarthas"
"Maybe You're Right"
"Take It Back"
"Vanishing"
"Rule The World With Love"
"Wind It Up"

:hyper: New BNL in Sept.

New Killers in Oct.

What more could a person want?

I know, more U2 in Nov. :lol:

thanks for the warning about the new killers album. remind me to skip october. :wink:

i'd turn on the radio to hear the new single, but the radio and i are no longer speaking. hell, i don't even own a radio anymore.

IWasBored said:
i'd turn on the radio to hear the new single, but the radio and i are no longer speaking. hell, i don't even own a radio anymore.

Don't worry about owning a radio ~ I don't hear much new music on the radio anymore :(

Most of the new music I hear comes off the internet or friends :hug:

Since this thread has re-emerged, I figure I would show off these pics of someone you might recognize. I just happened to walk into this bar on a Tuesday night around 230am to see Ed walk on stage and rip it up for an hour with Larry Foley, local Newfoundland musician. This was August 2 / 2006.

ed1.jpg

ed3.jpg

ed5.jpg

ed6.jpg

ed10.jpg

He sang stuff like One Week, Another Postcard, Pinch Me, If I Had A Million Dollars and others I can't remember. Plus local faves like I's Da By, and Drunken Sailor and Bruce Cockburn or Gordon Lightfoot, I can't remember. It was a fantastic impromptu performance by a world-class musician in a incredibly intimate setting. Good thing I had my camera.

He was in Newfoundland filming a tv series for OLN and was visiting Alan Doyle from Great Big Sea for the day. Alan went home but Ed hung around for the best Tuesday in Canada that week. It was the George Street Festival where an entire block of bars becomes a giant bar.

Some tour dates have been announced:

DATE CITY VENUE
10/23/2006 Manchester, NH Verizon Wireless Arena
10/24/2006 Amherst, MA Mullins Center
10/27/2006 Detroit, MI Palace Of Auburn Hills
10/29/2006 Columbus, OH Schottenstein Center
10/28/2006 Cleveland, OH Wolstein Center
11/01/2006 Boston, MA Agganis Arena
11/14/2006 Omaha, NE Qwest Center
12/02/2006 Phoenix, AZ Dodge Theatre

VintagePunk said:
fah, have you gotten your presale info yet? I got it for the US dates you listed above, but none for the new Canadian dates. :sad:

I received it today and the pre-sale is Saturday but...

I could have bought American Express pre-sale tickets today with my AMEX card but...

I am hoping the fan club seats are better :fingerscrossedsmilie:

The Canadian dates...

02/01/2007 VICTORIA SAVE ON FOODS
02/03/2007 VANCOUVER GM PLACE
02/04/2007 PRINCE GEORGE CN CENTRE
02/05/2007 KELOWNA PROSPERA PLACE
02/07/2007 EDMONTON REXALL PLACE
02/08/2007 CALGARY SADDLEDOME
02/09/2007 LETHBRIDGE ENMAX CENTRE
02/10/2007 SASKATOON CREDIT UNION
02/12/2007 REGINA BRANDT CENTRE
02/13/2007 WINNIPEG MTS CENTRE