I'm starting a thread about the Barenaked Ladies. - Page 10 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Just the Bang and the Clatter
Click Here to Login

Old 06-07-2013, 11:53 AM   #136
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 10:53 PM
As for Guster, I haven't listened to them since Lost and Gone Forever. And it's been so long I had to look up what the album was even called. There were 3 songs I really liked, and the rest was kinda blah.

Old 06-07-2013, 02:51 PM   #137
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 06:53 PM
Another Postcard was the breaking point for me. But, I really enjoy Barenaked for the Holidays, you can call it the end after that.

Edit: ah wait, Easy was on Barenaked Ladies are Me, which is one of my favorite songs by them, and of course, 789 was a lot of fun. Bah, just call it the end when Steve left.

Old 06-07-2013, 11:23 PM   #138
Blue Crack Supplier

Either way, I have very little interest in bnl 2.0.
Old 06-08-2013, 12:29 AM   #139
War Child

Local Time: 02:53 AM
And I have 100% respect in that stand. I - however - have always preferred an Ed vocal to a Steve (though I do like a lot of his solo stuff). Either way the first 8 tracks of the new album are worth at least a glance. As expected the last 6 odd songs are their standard filler(though not terrible by any means) - however it is good that they are trying new things.

Find a stream and check it out - and as for Guster, they've never really been my bag - but I do like 'Amsterdam', 'One Man Wrecking Machine' (one of the best video clips out there) and I think the other song is called 'Fa Fa Fa'?
Old 10-09-2013, 09:26 PM   #140
Blue Crack Supplier

So I made the mistake of watching the bad day video. I mean odds are. Sorry, I get doomsday news themed music videos mixed up.
Old 10-09-2013, 10:16 PM   #141
Blue Crack Distributor

I gotta say, that song is growing on me. It's really lame, lyrically, but I like the music.
Old 10-09-2013, 10:39 PM   #142
Blue Crack Supplier

After I got done thinking "wow, Ed looks really old," I went right back to missing the old version of the band. At least that song is catchy. It's just not good. And the video...it's all been done...yeah...

But it seems like it would be a good night to make my way backwards through the solid part of the band's discography (which is apparently Gordon through Maroon, to me).
Old 10-09-2013, 11:06 PM   #143
Blue Crack Distributor

I have to disagree. The theme of the video's been done before, but this version was fun to watch. I laughed through most of it and the ticker was just great. Only thing I didn't like was how much Jim was overacting. Everyone else was playing it cool, but he was unrealistic from the start.
Old 10-10-2013, 12:08 AM   #144
Blue Crack Supplier

I'm sure someone did the newscast thing before rem, and yeah it is a bit different with volcanos and aliens and shit. The song was catchy enough, more so than any of the other BNL version 2.0 songs I've heard. Is just the same old story I've been bitching about for the parts of this thread since Page has been gone.

I should just drop my email off the official site's list. Cos it bums me out every time I just delete them without reading them. Kind of why I actually opened this email and watched the video, cos I'm really not entirely content to live in the mid to late 90s, revisiting my mid teens and such when it comes to this band. And despite whatever total lack of taste credibility it gives me to say so, we're still talking about one of the top 5 bands that are most important to me.
Old 10-10-2013, 12:39 AM   #145
Blue Crack Distributor

I know what you mean. I love the band, I can't really let them go. The worst part is that only now have I finally seen them live. I loved it, but, it just wasn't the same. I hope that we get the reunion thing going soon. You know it'll happen eventually.
Old 10-13-2013, 04:34 AM   #146
Blue Crack Supplier

Ok, that odds are song is actually pretty decent. Unfortunately, I don't feel that way about any of the other new ones I've heard.

They were the first concert I went to (well, where I actually wanted to see the band. I think my mother took me to a Clancy brothers concert when I was 6 or something), Stunt tour 1999. It was awesome, and I got hit in the head with a whole box of Kraft Mac n cheese during If I Had $1000000. I've still got the t shirt.
Old 10-13-2013, 08:48 AM   #147
War Child

Local Time: 11:53 AM
I got re-acquainted with 'Another Postcard' recently, not having heard it for 12 years or something, and I still think it's great. Catchy as hell, and, yeah, insubstantial and quirky, but that's kinda BNL in general.

I'm Canadian, so yeah I was there right from Gordon. They've never been one of my favorites, but I like what they do (did?). There's certainly a place for that.

(As an aside, perhaps this thread could have been titled 'Barenaked Ladies', not 'I'm starting a thread about the Barenaked Ladies'. Otherwise, we might henceforth feel like titling every thread thusly, and I, for one, do not want to see 57 threads titled: 'I'm starting a thread about whether Pop was crap or the greatest album of all time', etc.)
Old 10-13-2013, 08:08 PM   #148
Blue Crack Supplier

The phrasing of the title was relevant at the time, before I realized you as created some idiotic and arbitrary rules of the Internet on thread titles. Now that you know what it's called, you shouldn't have that problem. The fact that this is post 148 should clue you in to how ancient this thread is now. Shouldn't be an issue for anyone slightly smarter than the average eykiw troll.
Old 10-13-2013, 09:01 PM   #149
Blue Crack Distributor

I can't even read the rest of Panther's post because he said "Another Postcard" is a good song.
Old 10-13-2013, 10:00 PM   #150
Blue Crack Supplier

Also a fair point.

Tags
barenaked ladies