I'm not very indietastic. What albums should I pick up?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What do you know about the USS Indytasticapolis?

Japanese garage band slammed three chord repitition into our side, Chief. We was comin' back from the island of Tinian to Leyte... just delivered the last Pavement album. The Crooked Rain bomb. Eleven hundred emos went into the water. Vessel went down in 12 minutes. Didn't see the first Top 40 shit track for about a half an hour. Celine Dion. 13-footer. You know how you know that when you're ilistening to shit, Chief? You tell by looking from the dorsal to the tail. What we didn't know, was our album mission had been so secret, no distress signal had been sent. They didn't even list us overdue for a week. Very first light, Chief, Celine come cruisin', so we formed ourselves into tight groups. You know, it was kinda like old squares in the battle like you see in the calendar named "The Battle of Waterloo" and the idea was: Celine comes to the nearest man, that man he starts poundin' and hollerin' and screamin' and sometimes the bitch go away... but sometimes she wouldn't go away. Sometimes she he looks right into ya. Right into your eyes. And, you know, the thing about Celine... she's got lifeless eyes. Black eyes. Like a doll's eyes. When she comes at ya, doesn't seem to be living... until she sings, and those black eyes roll over white and then... ah then you hear that terrible high-pitched screamin'. The ocean turns red, and despite all the poundin' and the hollerin', she starts in with her heart going on and then she come in and ... rips you to pieces. You know by the end of that first dawn, lost a hundred men. I don't know how many songs, maybe a thousand. I know how many men, they averaged six an hour. On Thursday morning, Chief, I bumped into a friend of mine, Herbie Robinson from Cleveland. Baseball player. Boatswain's mate. I thought he was asleep. I reached over to wake him up. Bobbed up, down in the water just like a kinda top. Upended. Well, he'd been sung to right up in the face. Noon, the fifth day, Mr. Hooper, a Lockheed Ventura saw us. He swung in low and he saw us... he was a young pilot, a lot younger than Mr. Hooper. Anyway, he saw us and he come in low and three hours later a big fat PBY comes down and starts to pick us up. You know that was the time I was most frightened... waitin' for my turn. I'll never put on headphones again. So, eleven hundred men went in the water; 316 men come out and Celine Dion took the rest, June the 29th, 1945. Anyway, we delivered the Pavement album.

Japanese garage band slammed three chord repitition into our side, Chief. We was comin' back from the island of Tinian to Leyte... just delivered the last Pavement album. The Crooked Rain bomb. Eleven hundred emos went into the water. Vessel went down in 12 minutes. Didn't see the first Top 40 shit track for about a half an hour. Celine Dion. 13-footer. You know how you know that when you're ilistening to shit, Chief? You tell by looking from the dorsal to the tail. What we didn't know, was our album mission had been so secret, no distress signal had been sent. They didn't even list us overdue for a week. Very first light, Chief, Celine come cruisin', so we formed ourselves into tight groups. You know, it was kinda like old squares in the battle like you see in the calendar named "The Battle of Waterloo" and the idea was: Celine comes to the nearest man, that man he starts poundin' and hollerin' and screamin' and sometimes the bitch go away... but sometimes she wouldn't go away. Sometimes she he looks right into ya. Right into your eyes. And, you know, the thing about Celine... she's got lifeless eyes. Black eyes. Like a doll's eyes. When she comes at ya, doesn't seem to be living... until she sings, and those black eyes roll over white and then... ah then you hear that terrible high-pitched screamin'. The ocean turns red, and despite all the poundin' and the hollerin', she starts in with her heart going on and then she come in and ... rips you to pieces. You know by the end of that first dawn, lost a hundred men. I don't know how many songs, maybe a thousand. I know how many men, they averaged six an hour. On Thursday morning, Chief, I bumped into a friend of mine, Herbie Robinson from Cleveland. Baseball player. Boatswain's mate. I thought he was asleep. I reached over to wake him up. Bobbed up, down in the water just like a kinda top. Upended. Well, he'd been sung to right up in the face. Noon, the fifth day, Mr. Hooper, a Lockheed Ventura saw us. He swung in low and he saw us... he was a young pilot, a lot younger than Mr. Hooper. Anyway, he saw us and he come in low and three hours later a big fat PBY comes down and starts to pick us up. You know that was the time I was most frightened... waitin' for my turn. I'll never put on headphones again. So, eleven hundred men went in the water; 316 men come out and Celine Dion took the rest, June the 29th, 1945. Anyway, we delivered the Pavement album.

you're on fire today

Wow.

All I have are appendix removal scars.

One thing you should know about me, LeMac, is that my sarcasm detector is quite sensitive. I sensed the sarcasm in your post, hence the "haha" and the :wink:. That was me trying to show you that I got the sarcasm.

:)

You misunderestimate the terrible quality of my reading comprehension.

Then I suggest that you go back to school to get a better eduction. And if you can't afford it?

Get a student loan.

My eduction does need work. Google says that it is "the process of deducing or inferring" and I agree.

Google, Wikipedia, Fox News... they're places you can always trust, as far as I'm concerned.

Noughties indie, according to Wiki:

Post-punk revival: Placebo, Arctic Monkeys[1], Maxïmo Park, Franz Ferdinand[1], Editors, The Cribs, The Killers, TV on the Radio, Bloc Party, The Futureheads, Interpol, Boy Kill Boy, Dirty Pretty Things, Kill Hannah

Garage rock revival: The White Stripes, The Vines, The Strokes[1], Black Rebel Motorcycle Club, Kings of Leon, The Subways, The Libertines, The Hives, Ikara Colt, Motel Motel, Mclusky, Mooney Suzuki, The Horrors, The Von Bondies, The Black Keys, Dirty Little Rabbits, The Raconteurs, Johnossi

Dance-punk: Death From Above 1979, Metric, MGMT, CSS, The Rapture, Klaxons, The Presets, MSTRKRFT, You Say Party! We Say Die!, Shitdisco, Hot Chip, LCD Soundsystem, New Young Pony Club, !!!, Q and Not U, Foals, Does It Offend You, Yeah?, Cut Copy, The Ting Tings, VHS or Beta, The Faint

Make of that what you will, but Editors, Bloc Party, Interpol and Lcd Soundsystem are the ones that stand out for me there.....

Noughties indie, according to Wiki:

Post-punk revival: Placebo, Arctic Monkeys[1], Maxïmo Park, Franz Ferdinand[1], Editors, The Cribs, The Killers, TV on the Radio, Bloc Party, The Futureheads, Interpol, Boy Kill Boy, Dirty Pretty Things, Kill Hannah

Garage rock revival: The White Stripes, The Vines, The Strokes[1], Black Rebel Motorcycle Club, Kings of Leon, The Subways, The Libertines, The Hives, Ikara Colt, Motel Motel, Mclusky, Mooney Suzuki, The Horrors, The Von Bondies, The Black Keys, Dirty Little Rabbits, The Raconteurs, Johnossi

Dance-punk: Death From Above 1979, Metric, MGMT, CSS, The Rapture, Klaxons, The Presets, MSTRKRFT, You Say Party! We Say Die!, Shitdisco, Hot Chip, LCD Soundsystem, New Young Pony Club, !!!, Q and Not U, Foals, Does It Offend You, Yeah?, Cut Copy, The Ting Tings, VHS or Beta, The Faint

Make of that what you will, but Editors, Bloc Party, Interpol and Lcd Soundsystem are the ones that stand out for me there.....

I know all of these bands, and most of them suck. In fact, I started three of them.

Well the whole "indie" tag, as with the "alternative" tag, is screwed because once they are properly recognised or signed up big time, their indieness is impossible.

Well the whole "indie" tag, as with the "alternative" tag, is screwed because once they are properly recognised or signed up big time, their indieness is impossible.

And, so, that's why you might want to name some bands that are not signed up big time, thus helping the original poster out.

And, so, that's why you might want to name some bands that are not signed up big time, thus helping the original poster out.

Here's the thing, intedomine doesn't give a ten-penny fuck about your indie label conundrum... that's pretty much the thing.

Whether you can categorise it or not, there is actually an "indie" sound according to younger kids, which is bollocks when you think about it literally, and that's what makes the more "alternative" tag a more valid thing, but good luck trying to attach that to one particular sound or genre proper.

I just thought of an "indie" band to recommend to a U2 fan, but it turns out they're no longer "indie", so I can't recommend them...the whole thing is screwed.

I could recommend myself, but I've only got a few songs that have not yet been recorded and aren't even distributed, but I am still my own independent distributor nd promoter of my music.

Are you going there, by the way?

If I get accepted into the Film School, it's a definite yes. It's certainly high up on the list right now though.

Whether you can categorise it or not, there is actually an "indie" sound according to younger kids, which is bollocks when you think about it literally, and that's what makes the more "alternative" tag a more valid thing, but good luck trying to attach that to one particular sound or genre proper.

I just thought of an "indie" band to recommend to a U2 fan, but it turns out they're no longer "indie", so I can't recommend them...the whole thing is screwed.

I could recommend myself, but I've only got a few songs that have not yet been recorded and aren't even distributed, but I am still my own independent distributor nd promoter of my music.

You could.

Are Fleet Foxes actually any good or just the latest "indie" band to wank to? I might download a track or two.

That was almost as good as Bangs of New York (c)

You love that quote more than you love anything else not named "Dwight Howard".

And almost as much as I love Terrell Owens.

I'm biting my tongue so hard I think it's going to start bleeding.

Back
Top Bottom