I'm not very indietastic. What albums should I pick up?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
They sound like Simon and Garfunkle with a splash of the Shins and the Beach Boys. To me, anyway.

That sounds about right. Basically, Fleet Foxes sound like a group of baby boomers who recorded a folk album in the back of a cave in the mountains of Tennessee.

Recent-ness notwithstanding, that's a mostly solid list with some spectacular recommendations, apart from pretending that Kings of Leon is an indie band. Still, that little sentence right there is one of the funniest things I've ever read. Canonized bands, by definition, cannot be underrated--they become canonized by being overrated, from time to time, but never by being shit on or ignored. Hilarious. When an indie band is recognized as essential by as "mainstream" a publication as Rolling Stone, you can't talk about being underrated, anymore.

I Can Hear The Heart Beating As One is a brilliant record, too! To hell with new records, I say. Just look for good ones. You'll find precious few as deep, rewarding, and multifaceted as the one in question.

YLT is underrated around these parts, I meant. I've not once seen them discussed around here, not even after their recent, stellar ...Beat Your Ass.

And I admit the KOL thing was a bit of a reach, but I actually do enjoy that album. And it came out when they were quasi-indie.

I regret not including an H in that last. Rest assure if I did, it would have recommended Happy Songs for Happy People.

Back
Top Bottom