If you could bring a dead rock star back to life

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If you could bring a dead rock star back to life for one gig, who would it be?

I think that, had this kind of gig actually happened, it would have been incredibly weird and creepy, :yikes:

But in terms of talent cut down too soon, I'd go with Jeff Buckley. I think that Grace is waaay overpraised, but for me there's no question that the guy was incredibly gifted.

If it was for one gig only, I wouldn't hesitate to bring back Mister John Bonham .... to reunite with Led Zeppelin and play Madison Square Garden :drool: :drool: :drool:

If it was to continue on with their career .... Jeff Buckley. His brilliance was only just starting to emerge, he was so young and at the beginning of his career. He was so unique, so talented and so utterly mesmerising. This guy was amazing in every musical aspect and he had the voice of an angel.
Who knows where he was heading, or if he was always destined to self destruct ..... as so many of the other incredibly talented musicians of our time were.

and for sheer greed ..... Bon Scott ...... just because he was Bon friggin Scott. No more reason needed.

The lead singer from The Cranberries. I'm not positive she's dead but I haven't heard anything about them in ages so I'm just going to assume. If only so that while they are eating our brains we'll hear "ZOMBIE, ZOMBIE, ZOMBI-EH-EH-EH!" :rockon:

hahaha.. SHE'S NOT DEAD BUDDY... is actually doing a solo thing now. She was at the 930 Club a few months ago. They just stopped and concentrated on raising their families apparently. I stayed at a B & B in Ireland, somewhere outside of Dublin. It was the family home of the woman who married their bass player, so they filled me in a little on them while we were there. That was 4 yrs ago.

as much as i would have loved to see what jimi hendrix could have done if he lived on, i would hate to have seen jimi hendrix become a watered down shell of his former self like eric clapton has become.

I don't think Hendrix would have gone that way. He wasn't a tool. He had a brilliant way of thinking. I think he would have progressed and maybe become something different - like Prince but less angry. Clapton was just talented - and never as talented as people believed he was, I don't think.

Bono? I keed, I keed.

I'd pick Keith Moon, Jimi Hendrix, or for the lesser known choice, Mick Ronson. He wasn't that popular of a dude in comparison, but I would've loved to hear him jam with Bowie one last time.

I never really thought about Ronson because it didn't stop him while he was still going on strong like some others.

I just want to show people that their faith in Ronson ... is meaningless.

And I can prove it objectively, with facts.

Objectivity in dealing with art and sonic textures?

You've changed things... forever. There's no going back.

Beav, I'm working on my BFA in The Funk right now, actually.

Objectivity in dealing with art and sonic textures?

You've changed things... forever. There's no going back.

Art and sonic textures are part of the ethereal. You know, the subjective part. Then there's the objective part, which you're ignoring. If only you would listen.

To them, you're just a freak. Like me.

Art and sonic textures are part of the ethereal. You know, the subjective part. Then there's the objective part, which you're ignoring. If only you would listen.

To them, you're just a freak. Like me.

Teach me.

It's all part of the plaaan.

Anyway, I'm excited for this contest to start up. This looks like fun already.

Teach me.

It's all part of the plaaan.

Anyway, I'm excited for this contest to start up. This looks like fun already.

I will teach you. I have so much I could teach the world.

I tell them one little mayor is going to die and everyone LOSES THEIR MINDS!

I love that The Funk has finally made it to the Mid-West. Sweet. Good luck, man. Let me know if I can help.

It's where it landed, you know, on Bootsy Collins' house.

Thank you. You will know when to help... and you will, when the time is right.

You didn't think I would leave the battle for Gotham's soul up to a fist fight with you, did you?

I mean, what happened? Did your - did your balls drop off? Hmm?

I still haven't seen this.
<Phale
But it's cool, cause when I finally hear this line I'm gonna chuckle a bit. Good times.

Christian Phale? Yeah, you will.

I like how Peffan (tryin' this out) and I made the same Bowie joke within a post of each other. Job well done.

"Fix You" just came up on iTunes... it never fails to crack me up. I'd love to mix it with scenes from my favorite fad film, The Dark Knight.

Back
Top Bottom