if this doesn't get you pumped for the Triple J Hottest 100, nothing will

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I assume Cold Lake is your favourite album.

/joke-nobody-will-get

Some other good stuff there: Electric Indigo at #129 (a great song even if the album it's from peters out fast), Rabbit Run #138 (City Calm Down fell well short of their potential on their debut but that song is good), Bodyache #158, The Alley #163, and Electrical much lower than I expected it at #196.

But oh my god, Psycho #175? Muse must have some fanatics left. :lol:

And how the hell did Silversun Pickups sneak #187? That album was a dud and a non-event. Now there's a band that's fallen fast into bland mediocrity.

Some other good stuff there: Electric Indigo at #129 (a great song even if the album it's from peters out fast),

??agree with this. Album as a whole is a bit of a let down, but starts off promisingly. Paper Kites are great live though.

Poor old Grimes struggled. Thought she would have had plenty between 200-101... but nothing :(

Finally heard Hoops for the "first time" yesterday. I'd actually heard it before, but gosh it is forgettable. An awful #1.

Sent from a barge floating through the docks of Dublin

I have a sneaking suspicion I will know barely anything this year. I didn't think I was out of touch, but every time I see an article predicting winners, most of the songs elicit a "what the hell is that?" from me. And the stuff I know that does well won't be the stuff I rate highest - like you can guarantee Camp Cope will have two or three songs in the countdown. Nice people but of all the bands in the indie-emo scene I really didn't expect them to be the one to blow up.

Has Flume pumped out more material this year? Because you know that as long as he's released a single he'll get into the top ten.

I have a sneaking suspicion I won't even listen this year. Considering I stopped tuning in to JJJ and don't hear any other radio stations except when I'm in a shop, I am probably going to be frighteningly out of the loop.

Flume is supposed to be in with something or other, supposedly.

Daydreaming by Radiohead for No.1 guys, that's my prediction. Totally. Sure it is.

And yet at the same time, I feel like I've already heard it. There will be a mix of lightweight forgettable 'indie', some vaguely electro/r&b nonsense, some terrible hip hop, and probably Parkway Drive.

And yet at the same time, I feel like I've already heard it. There will be a mix of lightweight forgettable 'indie', some vaguely electro/r&b nonsense, some terrible hip hop, and probably Parkway Drive.

Acoustic like-a-versions and boring banter about locations, partying and drinking.

Yep, there's Flume already. And Vallis Alps, whose entire sound is literally just "let's mimic what's popular on Triple J right now". And Violent fucking Soho.

I've got all this from Twitter. I'm yet to actually tune in.

Maybe somebody will strip DMAs of that stupid fucking apostrophe.

Anyway, yes, of course DMAs will be there. Along with Violent Soho they are the arch-priests of mediocre Australian rock, made for people who take regular holidays in Bali and buy slabs of CUB beers.

Oh look at that, the token representation for heavy music is COMPLETE DROSS.

This broadcast makes me want to kill things, so it's back to my own music I go.

Also, people like this Avalanches mess, huh?

I listened to the album just for curiousity's sake and it was okay, I guess.

I've been occasionally unmuting the stream and keep managing to miss Violent Soho. Pleased.

Is the Amity Affliction calling a song "I Bring the Weather With Me" a really shit nod to Crowded House?

Somebody make a mash-up.

This is not how I expected a band called Dope Lemon to sound, but either way it's not my thing.

Back
Top Bottom