if this doesn't get you pumped for the Triple J Hottest 100, nothing will

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well this is a mile ahead of that awful Tame Impala shit that filled the Hottest 100 whenever it was that everybody got brain damage and voted for that song about an elephant shaking its trunk.

Wait what two Tame Impala tracks in a row?!

OK Triple J hurry up, the cricket's starting. DON'T LET ONE STRAYA DAY TRADITION CLASH WITH THE OTHER STRAYA DAY TRADITION.

I'm not so sure on King Kunta making it, but Hello has this on lock with Lean On at #3 I think.

Hello, the Adele song? I wouldn't expect that to even make the 100. It's Triple J, not Nova.

Those JJJ hepcats would've been all over When Love Comes to Town

The Rubens?

Really?

Really really?

I'd never even heard this song mentioned.

Oh fucking hell, at the same time as the fucking Rubens hit #1, Shane fucking Watson dismisses Rohit Sharma.

What a disgusting moment.

Terrible #1. This is up there with Big Jet Plane.

So many terrible #1s in recent years. This, Big Jet Plane, Thrift Shop, Riptide...

At least when Pretty Fly for a White Guy won back in the late nineties everybody KNEW it was a stupid song.

The Rubens are a bunch of nobodies, a hack band. I'm not entirely surprised they got number one, although, I thought top ten somewhere would be about it for them.

I can remember that one time JJJ played 'Salome' in 2011. It was Xan (Zan?) on the morning show talking about the then-new AB reissue. Wasn't the more familiar dance remix, but it was nice.

That's literally it. Lemon used to be on their 'we're off the air' loop. Oh back around 2000 they used to play Beautiful Day and Stateless and Ground Beneath Her Feet, but that was a long time ago.

This Hottest 100 is definitely going to be recalled in years to come as "remember in 2015 when The Rubens somehow beat Kendrick?"

Wow, LM, have you learned nothing? :lol: Hello would never be eligible. She and Taylor are "too mainstream". But Lean On, which went to #1 in 18 countries, is fine. :eyeroll:

Oh fucking hell, at the same time as the fucking Rubens hit #1, Shane fucking Watson dismisses Rohit Sharma.

What a disgusting moment.

Hahahahaha I thought the exact same. Jesus.

This is everything that's wrong with Triple J. This Hoops song, which I'd never heard, wins. Is it a bad song? Like Riptide, Big Jet Plane, etc, no. It isn't bad. But it is just okay. So decidedly average. A pleasant song that would elicit no reaction if it came at #50. King Kunta, on the other hand, was the mammoth single from a revolutionary, fearless, boundary-pushing album. Such fucking bullshit. Really disappointing. But I shouldn't be surprised I guess.

I'll just leave y'all with this, best tweet of the day:

[TWEET]691908466311610368[/TWEET]

Back
Top Bottom