if this doesn't get you pumped for the Triple J Hottest 100, nothing will - Page 11 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Just the Bang and the Clatter
Click Here to Login

Old 01-26-2016, 05:20 AM   #151
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 03:04 AM
Yeah, I don't care for Kendrick, and I preferred his other song that was played earlier, and even I'm outraged that the Rubens somehow won. I had no idea they had new music out, had never heard of this particular song, never meet anybody into them, and I just wonder where on earth these votes are coming from and who these dull people are.

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Axver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2016, 05:23 AM   #152
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 02:04 AM
Vance Joy put in a million votes for the Rubens. That's my theory.

Old 01-26-2016, 06:15 AM   #153
45:33

^haha. That made me laugh.

I mean I don't why I allow myself to get so outraged about the Hottest 100. I think I just enjoy getting into fights (which would explain why I was so excited to see the Granuid post a Kanye link when I was online, cos I knew I'd get a top comment and I spent the next 24 hours arguing). Every year it is extremely disappointing and it's just not worth the mental and eventually physical effort required to get so worked up for eight hours. I just fucking hate the mediocre songs that wind up beating good songs.
Old 01-26-2016, 06:24 AM   #154
Blue Crack Addict

Location: deep in absolutely bullshit historical theory/trauma theory
I avoided a Australia Day party because I knew people would be getting into arguments about what's on the Hottest 100.

Like, fuck. There's no Jim O'Rourke on there, so the list is useless. Who cares?
Old 01-26-2016, 06:32 AM   #155

Ax my girlfriend says her cousin is a popular "metal" band. Apparently they're huge in Germany. Reckons they are (or were) called Cemetery Urn or Abominator. Any idea?
Old 01-26-2016, 06:45 AM   #156

I kindly ask that the court strike anything "liamcool" says from the record in light of recent evidence
Old 01-26-2016, 06:57 AM   #157
Blue Crack Addict

My deepest, darkest shame.

And I have a lot of shames for that to compete with!
Old 01-26-2016, 07:12 AM   #158
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobl04 View Post
Ax my girlfriend says her cousin is a popular "metal" band. Apparently they're huge in Germany. Reckons they are (or were) called Cemetery Urn or Abominator. Any idea?
I know of both bands, thanks to being around the Melbourne metal scene long enough, but I haven't actually heard them. And it seems shockingly easy for metal bands to achieve some measure of success in Germany. It's the metal equivalent of "big in Japan".

Quote:
I kindly ask that the court strike anything "liamcool" says from the record in light of recent evidence
Ahahahaha WELL THEN LIAM. So much for all my embarrassing shit on this website.

"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 01-26-2016, 07:23 AM   #159

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axver View Post
I know of both bands, thanks to being around the Melbourne metal scene long enough, but I haven't actually heard them. And it seems shockingly easy for metal bands to achieve some measure of success in Germany. It's the metal equivalent of "big in Japan".
My girlfriend's reply, verbatim:

"Hahahaha to be honest I'm pretty sure the reason Ive heard they're good is because all the aunties/mum go on about how successful they are even though I don't think any of them have actually listened through an entire song 😂
My aunty Di listened to a cd of theirs years ago and told my cousin she thought he'd sent her the wrong thing because it didn't sound like music just noise and screaming 😂😂😂😂😂"
Old 01-26-2016, 07:27 AM   #160
Blue Crack Addict

tbf the first mumford and sons album is not terrible

history is not kind
Old 01-26-2016, 07:36 AM   #161
Vocal parasite

I'm just listening to some Beach House right now and wondering how the hell they missed the 100.

Quote:
My girlfriend's reply, verbatim:

"Hahahaha to be honest I'm pretty sure the reason Ive heard they're good is because all the aunties/mum go on about how successful they are even though I don't think any of them have actually listened through an entire song
My aunty Di listened to a cd of theirs years ago and told my cousin she thought he'd sent her the wrong thing because it didn't sound like music just noise and screaming "
It's fucking hilarious at local metal gigs to look around because it's so easy to spot the random parent who's struggling to reconcile their simultaneous feelings of pride and absolute horror. Yes your kid is fucking owning the guitar/bass/mic/drums/whatever, and yes you bloody wish the racket would stop.

A good mate of mine from school plays bass in metal bands back in Queensland. His dad is a very good amateur photographer and shoots their shows. I know what music his dad is into. I seriously don't know how he gets through the shoots.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 01-26-2016, 07:47 AM   #162

you know, I'd be more than happy for you to make me a "metal" mixtape to get me into the music.
Old 01-26-2016, 07:52 AM   #163
Vocal parasite

Quote:
you know, I'd be more than happy for you to make me a "metal" mixtape to get me into the music.
I'd like to try! Though my metal tastes are atypical, I suppose much like my approach to a lot of music. What sort of heavier stuff have you enjoyed? I remember you like Chelsea Wolfe.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 01-26-2016, 07:59 AM   #164

I'll get back to you tomorrow when I'm sober.
Old 01-26-2016, 08:10 AM   #165
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Quote:
^haha. That made me laugh.

I mean I don't why I allow myself to get so outraged about the Hottest 100. I think I just enjoy getting into fights (which would explain why I was so excited to see the Granuid post a Kanye link when I was online, cos I knew I'd get a top comment and I spent the next 24 hours arguing). Every year it is extremely disappointing and it's just not worth the mental and eventually physical effort required to get so worked up for eight hours. I just fucking hate the mediocre songs that wind up beating good songs.
My posts here might suggest otherwise, but I don't get remotely worked up about the hottest 100. It's shit, I knew it was shit going in, I was just working at my computer so whatever. There's a vast tree of popular music, new or otherwise, that Triple J will never touch (although there was a time when they would) because they're a station for kids, and that's fine. Fuck 'em.